• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Losing units in a battle

DeletedUser

Hi,

And first of all, sorry 1) if I post this message in the wrong section, 2) if you already talked about this subject but I didn't find anything related to this when I searched 3) for my mistakes, but I'm not English.. :rolleyes:

So ; when you attack someone and lose units during the battle, your units die. Ok.
But the other player don't lose any units, even if some died during the battle..... is it normal ?? :confused:

Thanks in advance for your answer :)

frenchalice

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser65

yes its normal, the AI controls your army when you are the defender so you shouldn't be punished for it killing your troops

DeletedUser

Whats the point to attacking then? You kill nothing, gain a tiny reward and may lose troops.

DeletedUser

Whats the point to attacking then? You kill nothing, gain a tiny reward and may lose troops.

You also get reputation and you can get big results if they've got an 8hr or 24 hr to collect.

DeletedUser

you also get battle points towards the pvp tower,if you win the tournament you get medals to unlock expansions for your town

DeletedUser

you also get battle points towards the pvp tower,if you win the tournament you get medals to unlock expansions for your town

Yeah, know that one. Seems to be only worthwhile reason.

Ohh, i think i read though that you dont have to win. Get lesser number of medals for lower places.
Btw, how does it work if i play some pvp then go up an age? Can i still fight in the previous age pvp if i limit myself to that ages units?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yes if you fight with bronze age units you still go in the bronze age tournament

DeletedUser

Is this a good idea?

I just went to iron age and started making the units. My thoughts now are to put any iron age units i get in with my defensive army and for a while just do stone age pvp. But, if others doing that, then battles will end up being hard stone age vs iron age battles, is that right?

DeletedUser

Last question... A ranged unit shoots another unit, assuming the ranged unit being shot has range to target, why doesnt he get a return shot?

DeletedUser

if someones defending with iron age units then it will be a bit harder but you should still win cos the AI isnt that good and only melee units get to counter attack

DeletedUser

Just seems strange to me. Like, in other games ive played, a ranged unit might have a range of 1-5...
So, they dont get a counter attack against melee but do against ranged units in thier range.
That seems better.