• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

long term camping in FE. What's your approach?

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
Future Era seems to be a popular era for players to sit and camp for a while, and for some, a very very long while. It’s usual for the highest ranked FE players of a world to have higher points than the highest AF, OF and even VF players of the same world, mostly due to sitting, camping and developing their town.

I’m interested in hearing from high points FE players (that is, greater than 200 million) from any world or server about your ideas and experiences on your approach to your town, your game play. Feel free to share any of your stats that you feel comfortable in sharing.

I’m happy to go first!

I started in M world in mid 2015 and always had a tendency to smell the roses through most of the eras. I sat in TE for about 3 years before moving to FE about 18 months ago. I’m currently ranked around 8th highest FE player in M world, with 286M points, 135k won battles. I admit my won battles are a little on the low side for a top 10 FE player in M world but I'm happy to put that down to a slow ping time (being in Australia) so I get less out of fast fighting in GvG and for the ungodly time of GvG reset here being at 5am for 6 months of the year and 7am for the remainder.

Attacking Units A1837 D1184
City Defenders A398 D910
Can do some AA with my FE troops and since planting The Virgo Project a few months ago, am able to complete GE Level 5 with fighting, but only just.

I have the relatively unpopular SMB at level 104, and in pair with the CF and the rinse and repeating of the recurrent quests, I get plenty of FE goods for myself, almost as much as what my treasury GBs generate for the guild.

On the continent map I’m currently working through the latter stage of part 2 of Venus, trying to get that single expansion square for this era. They don’t make it easy, but the Virgo Project helps. I have a few of those new 100% to 300% defence and attack for attacking army boosts in my inventory that might come in handy later. The enemy there is often capable of ignoring stealth so the hover advantage is lost and sometimes have to try alternative troops.

I would dearly love to get my hands on any of the new Titan era GBs but that is going to be very difficult due to the high demand of Titan era goods in part due to the stratospheric outlay of goods to plant the GB and the need for more goods to open up levels 11 and above. I have a low level Truce Tower but it could take years if I rely solely on that.

One of the reasons for hanging out in FE is to help out the guild with FE goods for the times we do a few skirmishes in FE GvG, where the points per sector have similar values to AA. I’ve also heard complaints from AF, OF and VF players that the fighting units there aren’t as good as the Hover so there's a reluctance to progress there for that reason as well.
Always thinking of ways to improve fighting bonuses, and that sometimes means removing less efficient fighting buildings and deleting GBs. In recent years have deleted TBG, IT. Cape might be next on the chopping block.

So that’s it from me for the moment. I’d be interested in the gameplay of other higher end FE players, in the spirit of sharing ideas and various ways of approaching the game. There are many ways to skin a cat :)

Last edited: