• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

'Lock' repeatable side quests

DeletedUser

Hi everyone, as always I have tried searching the forum if any such idea has been suggested already, but if there is I at least can't find it. So here goes. I have been playing FoE since the dawn of time (of FoE then) and as such I have hit the 'end of the era' several times. As such I am becoming quit fed up with the same old repeatable side quests. You know, the quests you get when all quests are done, and you are just waiting for the next age to come along like Greva Darn's 5x 1 day collection, Rinbin's collect coins/supplies & Mandrubars spend FP quests.

To be honest I think this system is in desperate need of a complete rewrite, as for people like me that finished the same quests over and over and over it's kinda lame... But that's not my point right now, as a new system might take quit some time to implement, and right now I don't have any ideas for it. What I do propose is a 'lock in' for repeatable quests you like. Right now I never do Greva Darn's quests, because Rinbin's & even Mandrubars quest are so much easier to complete. So easy in fact, that with my GB bonusses I easily complete the coin collection quest 4 times in 5 minutes as I bring in my 1 day house collection at the same time. But after every quest I have to click through Greva Darn's quests, abort > yes, are you sure > yes etc. Pretty simple and overly not very time consuming, at least not when you look at it on a daily basis. But after doing it for months ever since I think they were first introduced (Colonial age?) every time I completed an age (which is done pretty fast) it is getting VERY annoying. Click abort, yes, click abort, repeat, over and over. Sure I could choose to stop doing the quests, but apart from collection from buildings, they are the only thing giving rewards when in between ages. And I don't mind 'wasting' time on the game, but clicking the quests away you don't want is not fun, it's just mindless clicking.

In fact it reminds most of... clicking annoying ads away from my webbroswer! Nowadays though we have adblockers to skip annoying internet ads without having the need of clicking them away ourselves anymore. So why are we still clicking the same quests we don't even want away over and over after all these years? :confused:

Reason:
The repeatable quests have been around for a long time, and since for 'veteran' players they are the only thing left to do become repetive really fast. An entirely new system would be better, but for now it would be nice to at least improve an old feature.

Details:
Repeatable quests need to be 'lockable'. Like if I just want Rinbin's coin/supply quests, and Mandrubar's FP quest I should be able to get only those, not Greva Darn's quests as well. Ideally the player could 'check' what quests he wants to appear after finishing/aborting at all times in a small option menu. Otherwise I propose a 'lock' button on a quest so that when it's completed, it automatically restarts itself after collecting the reward. Personally I would be even happy to permanently ban a quest from ever showing up again, but I see that might give some trouble if a player decides later on he does want that quest, so in that case it should have a time ban and not be permanently.

Visual Aids:
Could show what quests I mean, but I think those who encountered them know what quests I am talking about :p

Balance:
Erm forgot why this was in the form.

Abuse Prevention:
I don't see any possible abuse from this improvement. It just saves players some time, and more importantly, probabably a lot of annoyance.

Summary:
Well the summary are these form answers, the big picture I started with ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16126

Good initial idea, but the locking wouldn't help me, because I'm playing 4 repeatable quests, and not 3.
I would rather have an option to ignore a repeatable quest. Then the quest will not show up anymore.

DeletedUser15432

I like this idea and as far as I can see there are no balancing issues with regards to this either, therefore,. I give this a score of +1

DeletedUser16126

The probable balancing issue is that inno will probably at random introduce another bug in a area where you don't want it.
Or will forget to unlock it when a new era arrives...

Cuthwolf

Captain
+1 from me. There are times when I want to hit the Unbirthday quest over and over without the tedium of Skip-Abort.

DeletedUser99588

How about having a list of the repeating quests and you pick the one you want to do. When it's completed the list appears again and you choose which one you want to do. Obviously there is still the option to abort the quest which would bring up the list to choose which one you want to do.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
-1 for the idea in its present form, +1 for the general concept.

Though having a button to lock quests or a list of quests to select from would work, it is just pointlessly complicated. InnoGames is not known for going the extra mile, and when they do they typically stumble and commit some serious blunders on the way. Therefore this problem should be solved in the simplest way possible.

My proposal would be that after completing any repeatable quest, the next quest offered is the same quest. If you abort it, you then get another quest. This would work exactly the same way quests do now, minus the abort-confirm cycle, without requiring any new interface.

DeletedUser96901

if I lock 2 quests (collect coins / supplies) I still need to skip the same amount of quest to do the other 2 quests (unbirthday party / 5x daily production)

a "decline this quest forever" would save more time because then I would never see the other quests again

DeletedUser11899

..while they keep showing us their current actions and consequences
(better they sit quietly and dont touch anything else, if not it'll be worse as I've seen lately)

+1

...when they adquire the necessary knowledge about their game and learn how to work properly any part of the code although I fear this is going to take a while