• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Lock option in market trade

Lock option in market trades?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nice2haveu

Corporal
Proposal: To provide lock option for the market trade on both pc and mobile.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes, not seen similar results from my search (sorry if it has already).

Reason:
Creating a trade to share with friends or guildmate, but having a chance of losing the trade to some stranger without our knowledge.
No Loss from our side, but the opportunity to help friends or guildmate got lost.
Hence, looking to secure the trades with lock option and even allowing friends or guildmates to lock the trade.
Friends or Guildmate locked any of our trade means, they should grab it before the trade expires.
Also, when they locked the trade, for other users trade action button should be grayed out.
Even mobile also can have this same logic.
Please see the Visual aid for more understanding.

Visual Aids/Details:

Assume three players "abc", "xyz" and "zzz".
abc and xyz players are either friends or guild mates of "xyxyxyxyxyxx". And other player zzz will be neighbor.

Player abc locked one of the trade from xyxyxyxyxyxx. When xyxyxyxyxyxx or xyz, tried to view the market trade, it should be like below image where action button locked trade gets disabled and hovering on it display the details in the tooltip.

As a creator of the trade also cannot unlock the trade, but can delete the trade completely to override the lock (this part can be tuned but insisting to go with the delete override only).

xyz_user_trade_view.png

But, person who locks the trade can have the option to unlock it any moment within the trade expiration time.
So abc player locked the trade, it will gets displayed like below image when locked by player and viewing in the market.
Also, for this player only action button will be enabled which allows to remove the lock if players wants to change the decision.

abc_user_trade_view.png

Now, stranger zzz player comes in and view the market. It should be like below image where it shows locked and action button disabled.
This player do not have any chance to grab the locked trade.

locked_trade.png

Every trade get expired within 7 days. This much drama why to do is the question asked myself many times, only convincing answer myself got was losing the trade to unknown person will be handled. But if friends or guildmate doesn't lock then it is falling under same approach like currently. so it is not very bad to have this idea. hence created the idea.

Balance: It will be balanced

Abuse: It is to secure the trades, do not see anything to abuse in it.

nice2haveu

Corporal
You can already make trades guild only.
Yes. myself completely agree. am not asking to limit the creation. Locking after the trade got created. With the guildmates also, if you create a trade and discussing with low level person in the guild you wish to help, having a chance of any guild mate view the market and pick the trade without our notice. You can chat and stop it, but having the lock option even after creating the trade with only for guild still helps to reach the particular person who is in need. If no lock, current approach will be followed.

kind of, but when at the time of event and lot of goods trade quest to be followed and if you have few market trade available, locking it before someone does it helps you.
understood. but from the other side, you are blocking the trade of your guildmate or friends if other people wants it. It leads into big controversial case. You need to keep perfect understanding between friends and guildmate with this idea. Have voted yes for just liking that option but it won't work out in the real practice. Until locked person finish the trade, trade owner has to wait which is kind of unwanted trouble.

nice2haveu

Corporal
hmm have to agree with you @SlytherinAttack. Was actually thought one side getting benefit, but trade creator has to wait till the person clears it. deleting and creating again is a overhead.
my bad luck, idea actually doesn't fit.

Emberguard

Legend
I am so confused by your explanation on who created the trade and who’s doing the locking.

If someone viewing the trade can lock the trade then what’s the point of the feature? If you have time to lock it you also have time to take it.

If the person who created the trade is the person locking then there’s also no point, you’d have to organise to be on the same time as the person you want to take it inorder to unlock it. At which point it’d be no different from just holding off creating the trade until you’re both online

nice2haveu

Corporal
If you have time to lock it you also have time to take it.
Assume, My city in LMA and saw the trade from other person as 100 wire (CA) for 100 Gunpowder (LMA). market rate 1.0 - unfair trade benefit for buyer.
Am willing to do the trade, but little short on goods like 65 gunpowder only. Only way to get the trade, need to increase my gun-powder stock. either wait till city collection or guild/friends to see by creating another trade to increase the stock. But before doing all this, am willing to take, but randomly anyone can pick the trade rite. So for this situation, I can lock the trade like reservation and work towards getting the trade successfully.

If the person who created the trade is the person locking then there’s also no point, you’d have to organize to be on the same time as the person you want to take it in order to unlock it. At which point it’d be no different from just holding off creating the trade until you’re both online
yes, without organizing it will not meet the required goal. For example, guild people are doing circular trade as a strategy when goods quest came up, am doing the first entry and another person doing the second trade entry. seller will be happy since it got completed, but in our side, we lost our set of goods rite. Just for example suggested the circular trade.
Friends or guildmate can view the lock symbol and who locked it. If the trade created merchant and locked person is same (which gets displayed in tooltip), they can message to the person for unlocking and do the trade. It is same like preventing GB sweet spots from snipping. Only problem is, the moment when trade gets unlocked and suddenly neighborhood took the trade, cannot do anything. When unlocked, it is open for anyone. But it gives a slight chance not to lose or miss the goods on the trade from buyer side.

Hope you got the reason why myself thought this idea.

But anyways, delete override and creator has to wait if not wish to override when someone locks the trade. That's a trouble part in the whole idea, which cannot see any positive side. For that one reason, idea cannot get a visibility which myself need to agree.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
Locking the trade serves no real benefit to the person who put up the trade. It’d also be highly abusable if you can prevent a player in your neighbourhood from ever being able to trade on the market out of spite

nice2haveu

Corporal
Locking the trade serves no real benefit to the person who put up the trade.
it is having a benefit. Take the archaeology event tablet missions as a example, where few tablet quest missions are mixed with goods gathering. Getting the goods trade mission randomly from different tablets. so whenever it comes up myself need to creating the trade. so here, instead of creating each time when tablet quest asks for goods, creating the trade in bulk and locking it to use in my convenient time. To avoid, going into market do the same steps again and again when tablet questline comes up for goods, can create the trades and lock/unlock few trades as per my requirements. Without locking if myself keep the trades, others will take the trade which got created.

For abuse, am not sure how to say. Since the game itself having separate method to create trade for guildmates, Thought like, having the lock is not a problem. Also, neighbor can see the lock in the trade and informs the trade creator and creator can remove if no issues with the neighbor. It is not a abuse, it is kind of contacting the seller to get the goods delivery which happens like in our online shopping. Only for locked trade this happens and didn't think it like abuse.
Sorry if it is falling under abusing.

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
What will happen when the creator removes the lock...and at that same time ...i mean exact same time to the nano seconds a stranger picks up the trade...Back to square one??

nice2haveu

Corporal
What will happen when the creator removes the lock...and at that same time ...i mean exact same time to the nano seconds a stranger picks up the trade...Back to square one??
yes. No way to prevent it. creator or person who locked the trade if they removed it is open for all. From the creator point of view, no need to worry. but for the person who wanted to take the trade, they should defeat that nano second stranger performance on picking the trade. If they miss, no one can help it. Because, person communicated to the creator and asked to remove the lock. Asking person should take responsibility to lock the trade or pick up the trade. Lock is to control the trade, not assigning the trade to the person. If no one asked and creator removes the lock, it comes with current behavior.

In the game, this missing opportunity happening can be seen in few places. calling any spot in GB someone can pick it before us. GBG sector flag shows blocked, but can be flipped still. At least with this idea, only when lock removed it is open for all and stranger can do the damage. Is this not feels correct?

nice2haveu

Corporal
Would like to see an option to assign a trade to a specific buyer, invisible to all other players.
Actually, with current market trade screen, everything gets fit. so only didn't include the assigning concept when myself created the idea.

Have stated the below logic for trade creator in the idea to get the trade visibility all the time. Tuning part, actually wished for assigning only, but it is more headache to the trade creator and kind of messy ( like when to assign, when to replace the assignee and when to remove the assignee). hence decided to go with locked trade - delete override if need to make immediate change.
As a creator of the trade also cannot unlock the trade, but can delete the trade completely to override the lock (this part can be tuned but insisting to go with the delete override only).

Assigning and making invisible will remove the trade visibility. Lock means neighborhood can see which trade is locked and if needed they can message to the trade owner to make any adjustment like delete override if others locked it or create a new one for neighbor depending on the goods storage or just unlock for neighbor. Going invisible in the game, not a good approach. but assigning the trade to a person made me create the idea of locking the trade.

nice2haveu

Corporal
Why not? If two players want to make a private trade, why should it be visible for other players?
Time zone and availability of players come into the picture. For some users, very hard to get the assignee. creating a private trade to specific player, trade creation time itself needs to be declared. Also, assigning to the player means in-game message notification should be updated and alert that player, otherwise the player would have no idea if it has been assigned. kind of more complications for a trade. Now we are assigning the trade one by one to our friends or guildmates (trade threads). With assigning behavior takes place, it should automatically place in the specific person social message inbox. Also, if trade creator decides to change the assignee or do something, it is very difficult to handle, since trade message already sent out and doing the modification there is quite difficult. only possible approach is delete only. thought all this and missed the assigning concept. may be myself not a developer to take a final call on it, but myself would not go with that approach since it needs to track many things.

On the other side with lock option, specific person only viewing the market and locking the trade. Less job for trade creator and lock means player booked the trade. can click the action button if goods are ready in the hand.

I don't see why it would be so complicated to assign a trade to a specific player. Just need an option in the market to select a player to trade with.
Messaging between the two traders would be needed, of course. But you don't make a private trade deal, anyway, without communicating about it.
Would be nice, of course, if the private trade could pop up automatically in the buyers message box. (Could be abused though; spamming other players with private trades).

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Corporal
I don't see why it would be so complicated to assign a trade to a specific player. Just need an option in the market to select a player to trade with.
Messaging between the two traders would be needed, of course. But you don't make a private trade deal, anyway, without communicating about it.
Would be nice, of course, if the private trade could pop up automatically in the buyers message box. (Could be abused though; spamming other players with private trades).
somehow myself feeling like market screen need to be redesigned with some extra improvements like assigning/locking (without getting abuse). Till today rate 1.0 or 0.5 etc has been kept for what reason have no clear idea. FE 100 goods with Bronze Age 100 goods the rate is still 1.0, if it is like FE 200 with BA 100 it is 2.0. Also cannot filter with rate values also. Only able to say minus points from the market screen. Devs know all these and keeping quiet for what reason no clue. They should put more focus on the market. Instead of delivering production building menu with auto zoom, they could have spend some time on market screens means it could have not wasted many efforts. They added auto zoom and removed later. All this drama is giving a picture like decision making and planning the design needs to get more experience. IMO, Inventory and Market screens are the most opened screens after GBG. They need to improve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.