• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Bug: Loading freezes at about 45%

blahedo

Private
For about a day now, my main browser setup will not let me connect to my city, freezing partway through loading.
  • World: en4/dinegu
  • Browser and Version: Firefox 88.0.1 on Linux Mint (Ubuntu)
  • Overview of the bug: any time I try to connect to my city, the loading screen freezes at around 45% (maybe 46 or 47, but always very close to that). Only on this machine/browser, but consistently so. It runs ok in chromium on this machine, and in firefox on a different Linux machine (at my office). It's not a login problem as I can log in on the main server, but it triggers once I click "Play" to go to my city.
  • Screenshots: I can grab one if you like, but it's literally just the progress bar stuck at 46 or whatever
  • How often this occurs: Every time, since it started late last night, perhaps about 5:00 GMT on Sunday 22 August (give or take a couple hours; I think it was a bit after midnight my time, which is EDT/GMT-4)
  • Urgency: Medium? I can't play at all on my regular setup (but I can work around it while I try to fix it)
  • Preventative Actions: I tried clearing cache and cookies for this domain, restarting the browser, and rebooting the computer; and logging in on a different machine/browser and then coming back to my original main setup. No change in behaviour.
  • Summary: Loading freezes at about 45%, on one machine
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods? Yes

blahedo

Private
It started working again today! I tried on and off since I posted the above, and Chromium on this machine or any browser on my work machine continued to work, but Firefox on this machine didn't; but now it's fine. So whatever it was, resolved, maybe?