• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

List of positive and negative changes in FoE in the past few months

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
I would ask everyone who can spend a few minutes to make a list of all positive and negative changes that were implemented in FoE in the past few months, lets say since Progressive Era.
I will mention a few positive and a few negative now, because im going offline, and the list is too big and i cant write it all now, but i will try to do that later, unless others already talked about the same things i would want to criticize.

POSITIVE:
1. The release of ME, good buildings, good GBs, even tho space needle could have been a bit better, but still, good enough.
2. Removing the cap of GBs and giving us the oportunity to use duplicate bps
3. Summer event

NEGATIVE:
1. The release of PME, very bad buildings, one good (could have been better if it also had passive boost) GB, and one bad GB (even tho some players will find it usefull, but not me). Still, everyone agrees that the PME buildings are very very bad.
2. The bonuses of GBs after level 10. They are so low, that in most cases it is not worth putting effort to level them up. Giving us a chance to use duplicate bps, but gaining nothing from them, just wasting them so they wouldnt just sit in our inventory.
3. Easter event, Soccer event - inno needs to be more creative in those events.

DeletedUser

soccer event is both good and bad?

Good

ME
PME
unit balancing

Bad

GB nerfs
terrible GB levels after 10
GvG
space needle & cape canaveral
soccer event
PME continental map bug

DeletedUser96867

GOOD

The change in the requirements to produce ME, and PME goods from earlier ages, adds a new complication to city planning/trading.
The change in PME supply buildings to also have a happiness+/- effect, requiring more thought and variation in city design/construction.
The unattached unit 'filter'(also listed under bad)
The added city expansions.

BAD
Events:
The very poorly thought out HOS, and medal package rewards in the soccer event.
The lack of information on if the rotating prizes will be available after the soccer event ends on the 13th, and whether shot packages will still be able to be used.
The inability to place eggs after the event 'ended' leaving players stuck with eggs in their egg bar, and egg packages.

GVG:
The lack of a properly designed functioning events log for gvg after over 6 months of requests.
The lack of a properly designed gvg specific rights system breaking up the more important rights(grant freedom, delete army)from the right to lay sieges/unlock defense slots called for the nearly 8 months.
The delay and failure to properly address the gvg HQ leapfrogging tactic.
The delay and failure to properly address the gvg ghost guild problem.
The failure to create and publish gvg specific rules.
The failure to attempt any fix to the gvg stalemate problem.
The failure to attempt any meaningful fix to gvg while in testing.
The failure of developers to discuss with the players solutions to the ongoing problems with gvg.
The removal of the old guild ranking system, which should be available in addition to the new gvg guild ranking system.

gvg treasury:
The delay in providing a gvg goods treasury until after gvg went live.
The inability to lock out goods so goods won't be donated to the wrong ages.
The lack of a goods log to be able to identify who donated goods.
The lack of any recognition for players contributing to gvg by goods production vs fighting. (farmers vs fighters)

GB's:
The nerf of the military GB.
The refusal to address the issue of continent province boosts to readjust them to match the military GB nerfs.
The long delay in providing the long promised vouchers after the GB nerf.
The poor bonus improvement which it appears we will get for the level 10+ gb's making many of them basically worthless to continue leveling.

Communication:(a little repetitive but worth saying)
The complete lack of any useful communication from the developers.
The poor information provided about update/events leading to a great deal of confusion/frustration and mistakes.
Extremely poor handling by the moderators/community managers to the players feedback and frustration shortly after gvg was introduced. (however i have to say that seems to have greatly improved recently)

Army managment:
The unreasonable delay in providing the unattached units filter.
The fact the filter introduced isn't really a filter like being able to choose age specific, or unit type specific, but is really only a quick fix ribbon that took many months to provide, but i guess beggars can't be choosers.

I'm sure i must have missed some negatives.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser76094

GOOD

The change in the requirements to produce ME, and PME goods from earlier ages, adds a new complication to city planning/trading.
The change in PME supply buildings to also have a happiness+/- effect, requiring more thought and variation in city design/construction.
The unattached unit 'filter'(also listed under bad)
The added city expansions.

BAD
Events:
The very poorly thought out HOS, and medal package rewards in the soccer event.
The lack of information on if the rotating prizes will be available after the soccer event ends on the 13th, and whether shot packages will still be able to be used.
The inability to place eggs after the event 'ended' leaving players stuck with eggs in their egg bar, and egg packages.

GVG:
The lack of a properly designed functioning events log for gvg after over 6 months of requests.
The lack of a properly designed gvg specific rights system breaking up the more important rights(grant freedom, delete army)from the right to lay sieges/unlock defense slots called for the nearly 8 months.
The delay and failure to properly address the gvg HQ leapfrogging tactic.
The delay and failure to properly address the gvg ghost guild problem.
The failure to create and publish gvg specific rules.
The failure to attempt any fix to the gvg stalemate problem.
The failure to attempt any meaningful fix to gvg while in testing.
The failure of developers to discuss with the players solutions to the ongoing problems with gvg.
The removal of the old guild ranking system, which should be available in addition to the new gvg guild ranking system.

gvg treasury:
The delay in providing a gvg goods treasury until after gvg went live.
The inability to lock out goods so goods won't be donated to the wrong ages.
The lack of a goods log to be able to identify who donated goods.
The lack of any recognition for players contributing to gvg by goods production vs fighting. (farmers vs fighters)

GB's:
The nerf of the military GB.
The refusal to address the issue of continent province boosts to readjust them to match the military GB nerfs.
The long delay in providing the long promised vouchers after the GB nerf.
The poor bonus improvement which it appears we will get for the level 10+ gb's making many of them basically worthless to continue leveling.

Communication:(a little repetitive but worth saying)
The complete lack of any useful communication from the developers.
The poor information provided about update/events leading to a great deal of confusion/frustration and mistakes.
Extremely poor handling by the moderators/community managers to the players feedback and frustration shortly after gvg was introduced. (however i have to say that seems to have greatly improved recently)

Army managment:
The unreasonable delay in providing the unattached units filter.
The fact the filter introduced isn't really a filter like being able to choose age specific, or unit type specific, but is really only a quick fix ribbon that took many months to provide, but i guess beggars can't be choosers.

I'm sure i must have missed some negatives.

I think this is pretty accurate and thorough! Well done friend.

DeletedUser

can't count the GB level removal until it done, until then it falls under the bad because it was an unfilled promise that those features would come with update 1.29 and because of the bugs that seemed to have accompanied it (annoying but ultimately benign display issues with GB descriptions and less benign and highly annoying issue where FP giving buildings don't indicate they are ready with the collection icon that appears to the left under the quests icons)

DeletedUser96867

Mink good point about the Soccer event counter to 11(most likely has to do with 11 players on the field than anything else). Which reminds me i forgot the easter events egg counter limit of 6 which people on beta called for to be increased. I know a lot of players who by the end of the event with rushing home at lunch, and getting up in the night to use eggs were completely burnt out by the event. It became such a hassle for so many people, to try to use their eggs on time, that it took any enjoyment completely out of the event, and i for one took several weeks off from doing anything ingame other than the most basic good/supply/coin collection.

joesoap

Major-General
A big negative has to be the hardware acceleration thing that just keeps getting worse

Have to say that I like what has been done to the list of GBs that you access from the town hall, the latest building added to is now at the top of the list & if you click on the GB you want it now takes you to that GB as opposed to just the city its in
Increasing the daily coins gathered from the town hall was also a +ve, maybe they will do the same with the 20 coins we currently get from M&P

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
negative:
HoF that killed GvG
cheap event medals that killed contributions for medals
worthless gb levels 10+ that killed the P/M rate and contributions
pme fighting bug that ruined the rankings

DeletedUser96901

negative:
Ipad app delays new features for almost 2 weeks

DeletedUser

negative:

getting rid of siege army cost in troops making it easier to troll with ghost guilds

DeletedUser12400

Space Needle

They must upgrade space needle.

Space Needle - Modern Era - (6x5) at level 10 provides 4000 happiness and 60000 coins while
Dresden Frauenkirche - Colonial Age - (5x5) at level 10 provides 4900 happiness and 18 goods.

Its waste of forge points and more useful is to build:
Electric Plant - Progressive Era - (5x5) provides 2620 when polished 5240.
City Park - Progressive Era - (5x6) provides 2850 when polished 5700.
Drive-In Theater - Modern Era - (6x4) provides 2800 when polished 5600.
Public Pool - Post-Modern Era - (5x4) provides 2350 when polished 4700.
Golf Course - Post-Modern Era - (6x4) provides 2600 when polished 5200.
Zoo - Post-Modern Era - (5x6) provides 3330 when polished 6660.

I am aware or at least suspect that someone will write that it gives 60000 coins and doesn't need to be polished.
Lets face that we don't need those coins as much as we need happiness or goods and we can arrange that polish.

Space Needle is the third useless(out-dated) great building after
Colosseum - Iron Age - (6x7) at level 10 provides 4000 happiness and 35 medals.
Notre Dame - High Middle Age - (4x6) at level 10 provides 3900 happiness and 8157 supplies.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Space Needle is the third useless(out-dated) great building after
Colosseum - Iron Age - (6x7) at level 10 provides 4000 happiness and 35 medals.
Notre Dame - High Middle Age - (4x6) at level 10 provides 3900 happiness and 8157 supplies.

Although I would agree with you that both Col and Notre Dame are useless, it's only because most of us are at PME. If you think about it, SN is the worst GB, not the third useless, but the first. The problem is that a level 10 SN provides roughly as much happiness per square as a Drive-In Theater that is on the same age. This doesn't happen with Col and ND. Although they do start off quite badly with less happiness per square than their cultural counterparts (like the IA Public Bath and HMA Church), Frau starts much the same way as those two if you compare it to a Trading Company. Granted, Both Col and ND get outdated a bit faster than usual, but for the age they are in, they are potent (except for the fact that Col is absolutely huge, but I'm guessing the medal reward is the problem, since DC is enormous as well).

With SN, you don't just start off being worse than ME's Drive-In Theater. You start off being worse than an EMA Marketplace, and that's only 430 happiness over 9 squares.