• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

List of G.B's (neighbor + guild + friend)

DeletedUser

@@@@ = updated content

Proposal:
Make Great Buildings from the guild you are in (if you are in one), from neighborhood, from friends list be visible in one tab.
Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Yes
Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? No

Reason:
1.) Finding and selecting the particular Great Building you need Blue Prints from is hard and requires back and forth clicking memorizing and selecting.
2.) There are allot of people who play this game from SLOW computers, and scrolling through people isn't that much of fun.

Details:
Introduce a 'window' where all Great Buildings will appear categorized by type and/or level of completion.

Visual Aids:
-Will add later today-

Abuse Prevention:
Can not be abused.

Summary:
This will greatly increase the pleasure of playing the game by having a more user friendly interface which requires less clicks (therefore less traffic) to make such simple actions as navigate to a Great Building.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2029

dude, don't be greedy. focus on one great building at a time.

DeletedUser

I can not relate my post to being greedy no matter how i try to look at it. Could you please explain more what you mean PorfirioDiaz?

DeletedUser2029

I just don't see the point of this idea. If you can't remember which GB you're supporting (and what bonuses that support brings you) you either have serious memory issues or you're supporting more than one GB at a time (hence greedy).
also, where's this pop-up window supposed to be located? another tab in the social bar?

DeletedUser

what do you mean GREEDY if the gb in your guild, friends and neighbourhood you dont like would you donate to get the bp??
this is about to find a gb that you interest but dont have in guild, friends and neighbourhood...thats why you need to find every people on the ranking list to see who have the gb that you like not bout greedy...you dont understand at all bout this topic...

DeletedUser2029

what do you mean GREEDY if the gb in your guild, friends and neighbourhood you dont like would you donate to get the bp??
this is about to find a gb that you interest but dont have in guild, friends and neighbourhood...thats why you need to find every people on the ranking list to see who have the gb that you like not bout greedy...you dont understand at all bout this topic...

so basically you're saying that you're too lazy to scroll through your neighborhood, visit the people who have GBs, and check what those GBs are?

or perhaps this "idea" (it's not enough to just use the template to call something an idea) suggests that we should have some kind of global ranking list with people that have GBs so you can ask them to be your friend (instead of manually searching through global rankings)?
definitely NOT.

DeletedUser4800

-1. You just want to steal people in guilds other than your blueprints by tracking it and putting FP when its about to close down and you doing the closing. Of course buying 40-50 FP is not going to be a problem if you haven't purchased too much FP previously and with colonial age buildings you are easily gaining 10k coins per hour so on average you should be able to buy 4 forge points with those money at that level, possibly 3.

DeletedUser

First of all thank you for the great feed back!

Now lets begin:

This idea is meant to show only which players have Great Buildings and what level those Great Buildings are. The list will not be a "Global" list, it will be created from players that you can already access but not so easily.

-1. You just want to steal people in guilds other than your blueprints by tracking it and putting FP when its about to close down and you doing the closing. Of course buying 40-50 FP is not going to be a problem if you haven't purchased too much FP previously and with colonial age buildings you are easily gaining 10k coins per hour so on average you should be able to buy 4 forge points with those money at that level, possibly 3.

1.)It is currently possible to steal B.P.'s with no problem, except you have to go through much more clicks. Actually users that have a better internet connection are better off, so my solution is intended to make everyone equal.
2.)The list shows only G.B.'s from guild (if you are in one), neighbors and friends (if you have some). My apology for not making this clear in the idea description, it is now introduced.

so basically you're saying that you're too lazy to scroll through your neighborhood, visit the people who have GBs, and check what those GBs are?

Please have the patience and realize that there are allot of people who play this game from SLOW computers, and scrolling through people isn't that much of fun. So on an overall note, making the user interface more accessible at less internet traffic will gradually boost activity in my opinion.

or perhaps this "idea" (it's not enough to just use the template to call something an idea) suggests that we should have some kind of global ranking list with people that have GBs so you can ask them to be your friend (instead of manually searching through global rankings)?
definitely NOT.

I guess you did not read the idea thoroughly from the beginning till end. There is no such word as 'Global' used in my proposal. Although i might have formulated the 'proposal' incorrectly, i have corrected it. Thanks for the feed back!

DeletedUser2029

since you have updated this idea, here's more feedback:

I think you have a valid point (slow computers) but you're just asking too much. the way you proposed it, even if implemented, will not be high on the priority list. also, what you're asking for is just too much information (all GBs, their levels).
what I wouldn't mind is adding an indicator to the guild "members" tab and only that icon that informs you that a player has a GB (same as in social bar). as for neighbors and friends, the only way to do it is adding that indicator to the global rankings, but negative aspects of that have been covered (SlickR and I).

DeletedUser

I guess if people are not that enthusiastic about it then i am going to drop it out indeed.

Anyways, thanks for the shared thoughts, it was a good experience exchange.

DeletedUser8813

+1 i like the idea,takes ages to look through peoples towns looking for gb i may want bp's for

DeletedUser

+1

Currently, in my guild we have a thread where we keep track of the guild GB and their levels and so on, but it needs constant updating and with more GB being added, it's just a lot of text.
It needs more thinking and explanation of where , how and all that, but the idea has potential.
It could be somewhere in the bottom left corner (the empty square next to button "Open forum"), but basically what mungiu is saying is:

You click on GB button and it brings you into some kind of inventory, only that it's not yours it's the guild's
Something similar as the tab we have for the BP.

In this tab, one will be able to see:

Owner - GB - age - level
(the order needs to be also thought further. is it ordered by age, by level or by date built, etc)

We could propose to start off small, by just listing the guild GB. If it works out, we can add neighbor and friends

DeletedUser7719

Well considering there are at least 17 GBs that I have to go through; I would only consider a GB page in where it list what GBs a person (as in only friends, guildies, and neighbors) has and which ones you have donated to. Anything else wouldn't feel too necessary to me.

DeletedUser

I heard that a similar idea is being tested now on zz1 (beta) server.

DeletedUser

I personally have no problem with this as I have only one person out of everyone in my guild, my friends, and my neighbors who has a Great Building... so that makes the decision making and searching quite easy. Incidentally, this person is also #1 in my neighborhood and I'm 8, so it's just two small clicks of the double left arrow and I see him. I suppose I can be both lucky and unlucky in this way. Anyhow, there are two (working) computers in my household - one is connected directly to the internet, and another is wireless... I try at all costs to avoid using the wireless because I know what some of these people are talking about - it takes ages (no pun intended) to get some things done on that computer! So being able to eliminate a few steps for certain things here and there would work miracles should I have to use that computer. But, again, this specific idea isn't currently an actual problem for me, but I can empathise.