• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Buildings Limit Great buildings level

• Thread starter DeletedUser108842
  • Start date

DeletedUser108842

Proposal:

Simply limit the Great buildings level (it may be possible to limit different GBs to different level).

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Actually I always find it hard to search this vast forum for any similarity.

Reason:

We all know the reason. Some buildings are too powerful after a certain period/level. Arcatraz, Arc, etc...

Details:

For the sake of balance different buildings can be limited to different max level. That depends on the bonus that GB has. To be honest Arcatraz is way too powerful at those high levels providing tons of troops every day. Also, as there is already one similar topic recently - the Arc becomes too powerful after a certain level, so an owner of this GB can actually have a full refund of the FPs spend on donation to another GB.

Balance:

The whole idea is about balance, but as I am saying always - we give ideas, numbers balance the situation.

Abuse Prevention:

The whole idea is to prevent abuses actually.

Summary:

Limit most, if not all Great buildings to a certain max level to prevent abuses and overpowered players.

DeletedUser96901

there is already a limit
theoretically they are unlimited

but in reality with exponential need FP you can't ever reach level 200

the Arc becomes too powerful after a certain level
most player stop the Arc at level 80

and the best level for donating with those Arc are the levels 30-70 of other Arcs

so at which level do you want the limit ?
I suggest level 30. that is where the automatically wins for Arc starts

so without knowing what level we are talking I can't give a +1 or -1

The whole idea is about balance, but as I am saying always - we give ideas, numbers balance the situation.
and then they make your idea and limit it to 80 and what have we reached ?
nothing. at that points leveling isn't profitable anymore and Arc owners still do their free FP thing

so for a balancing idea we should at least know what the balancing goal is ?

To be honest Arcatraz is way too powerful at those high levels providing tons of troops every day.
I already made an idea to nerf this GB because I agree with that GB
also the Arc is too powerful (and there is already an idea out to nerf that too)

but most other are not

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
GBs used to have a level limit. The developers made a deliberate decision to remove it, so probably wouldn't reverse that...

DeletedUser15372

Noooooo! no limits to levels please or else many of my GBs will be at much lower levels than they are at right now. :(
I love my Arc, Alcatraz, Cape Canaveral, Chateau Frontenac and some other GBs at high levels :blush:

DeletedUser100065

Problem is if Gbs are all capped at a certain point what do you do with your FPs once you finish tech and the levels are reached? Do you unlock further levels with each age such as you do with expansions? Also what happens to people whose GBs are over that level are their GBs nerfed and they are given FPs as a refund which they can't use for anything?

DeletedUser103052

-1, As said above, it is necessary to uncap them to have something do for the endgame. There will always be the very casual players who don't have high level GBs that will complain, but the solution is simple; if you want higher level GBs then put the work in for them, this is not a balance issue in my eyes.

DeletedUser100832

+1

level 30 max for arc

level 20 max for chateau

level 50 max for traz

others can stay as they are

EDIT: people who have those at higher levels currently get a deco saying 'I have GB X at level Y' for each GB that gets nerfed as compensaiton

DeletedUser96901

+1

level 30 max for arc

level 20 max for chateau

level 50 max for traz

others can stay as they are

EDIT: people who have those at higher levels currently get a deco saying 'I have GB X at level Y' for each GB that gets nerfed as compensaiton
the old Chateau hater :rolleyes:

if the Chateau is nerfed to 20 then also Arc and Alcatraz :lol:
and sure all other including the Cape

DeletedUser100832

Problem is if Gbs are all capped at a certain point what do you do with your FPs once you finish tech and the levels are reached? Do you unlock further levels with each age such as you do with expansions? Also what happens to people whose GBs are over that level are their GBs nerfed and they are given FPs as a refund which they can't use for anything?
you donate to smaller players in your guild

DeletedUser100832

the old Chateau hater :rolleyes:

if the Chateau is nerfed to 20 then also Arc and Alcatraz :lol:
and sure all other including the Cape

I do not like stuff that makes the game too easy

getting goods and medals for free comes under such a category

if you want goods, get goods buildings. If you want medals, fight your hood.

DeletedUser96901

I do not like stuff that makes the game too easy
sure that is why you would let Alcatraz at level 50 :rolleyes:

but Sir, that makes the game really to easy

if you want goods, get goods buildings
if you want more units build barracks :lol:

you are such a hypocrite :rolleyes:

and I give a +1 to limit all GB to level 20
I don't need to fool other and try to keep my favorite GB higher than all other GB :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107476

+1
Never had a GB over level 10 :(
So nor should anyone else so :P

DeletedUser108842

It's just all buildings should be limited to one level (lets say level 20) and in that case the balance will be done by the numbers.
Or each building to be limited to a different level but keep the same bonuses.

I'd prefer the first thing.

DeletedUser15432

Having read through the various quotes, I entirely agree with all those people who think that this is a bad idea, I therefore award this a score of -1