• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Player Life in TinyTown

• Thread starter DeletedUser106696
  • Start date

DeletedUser106696

03 May 2015:
Having read a forum thread on towns staying on the original 16 square grid I tried to do the same and started TinyTown on 27 April, 2015 in Cirgard. Getting through BA was pretty much plain sailing, as this takes virtually no goods, and the few goods required are available as quest reward.

This is TinyTown just after reaching Iron Age:

15_05_01_IA.jpg

I had to spend my time planning my route through the tech tree rather carefully, as this place will support just one goods building, and gold/supplies are also a bit limited.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106696

10 May 2015:
This is the end of IA - having researched (but not built) Tannery, TinyTown is now a fully paid-up EMA town :cool:
Similar to BA, getting through IA was fairly easy - all I had to do was compile a list of techs requiring goods and trade them in exactly the right sequence. Well, all these plans got scuppered once my 9th BP for Zeus came along - this has been built to help on the continents map (I simply cannot trade for territory), but of course this does cost me a couple of days restoring all the goods I spent on this.
Luckily I have a neighbour who posts pretty bad trades - so I got some gold for limestone on 1:1, which helped to restore some of my stocks.

This is TinyTown just after reaching EMA:
Town 15_05_10.jpg

Somehow it's weird to know that at the very beginning of EMA I have completed 50% of my GBs - the only other candidate for TinyTown is the Lighthouse - so whenever I can I hand-polivate IA buildings now that Zeus is standing (however, the thought of all the goods required makes me shudder).

And to make sure all the neighbours know that TinyTown is not to be messed with, I used the only age where barracks are small enough to run 4 of them to put some PvP points on the board (sweet... :D)
PvP 15_05_10.jpg

DeletedUser106696

29 May 2015:
TinyTown has just mastered another milestone by graduating to HMA, just in time for the summer event :D
Compared to previous ages, this felt the hardest... but surprisingly it wasn't goods, but supplies that proved to be the biggest problem. After the housing upgrade I was down to 200 (yep, 200, not 200K) supplies lol.

But somehow I could just about manage to keep going without loosing too much time waiting for supplies. I'm hand-polivating every guildie and neighbour hoping that the final 2 Lighthouse BPs come along, as this will boost supplies while providing goods at the same time.
So far no luck, but then, many of my neighbours are still in IA and EMA with lots of suitable buildings.

Finally, here's a screenshot of TinyTown just after unlocking its shiny new town hall 8-)
FoE  HMA.jpg

DeletedUser106696

24 June 2015:
After a madcap race through HMA TinyTown managed to turn LMA well within the summer event. A big thank you has to go to the Treasurehunt captain, who contributed several large and medium-sized FP package in support of this dash.

The event itself proved incredibly useful for TinyTown, yielding not only 2 rouge hideouts, but also a nice assortment of supply and cultural buildings with a fixed footprint. As long as there are Reno kits on offer during special events, TinyTowns path into further ages should be smoother as a result :)

To make matters even smoother, the last BP for the Lighthouse also came along, which means that TinyTown has now, at the beginning of LMA, all the GBs it'll ever have... well, at least while it stays on its original footprint. Please don't be too surprised when you look at the picture and read "early LMA": All the estate houses and the cooperage were by-products of rouge and witchdoctor hunting...

Finally, here's a screenshot of TinyTown just after the rebuilding work following the summer event:
TinyTown_LMA.jpg

DeletedUser106696

7 August 2015:
Ambling through LMA proved pretty easy, as the summer event had provided a lot of the otherwise very expensive housing as well as a very useful knight stable. Fighting the map can be tricky at times, esp. when you pitch your horses against a bunch of light units... yuk ... Therefore the treasurehunt becomes more and more a way of life to supplement a variety of unattached units.

Two aspects of the game are starting to get trickier:
a) Goods (or more precisely the lack of them) require very careful planning. I have produced a little spreadsheet listing the techs in order I want to tackle them and the goods required, and I'm trading in exactly that order. It's time-consuming, but I can't see any other way
b) A lot of the quests seem to require more room than I really have - building 3 houses usually means something like delete a house, build 1st, delete it, build 2nd, delete it, build 3rd. A rather painful waste on supplies and coins, but I would like to keep the questl ines going for as long as humanely possible.

This is TinyTown just after turning Colonial - honestly hardly different to the previous update thanks to the summer event. Click on the image for a close-up view.
FoE  COL.gif