• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Level-up buildings

DeletedUser109832

Proposal:
Having the ability to "level-up" special buildings by being able to put identical buildings on top of each other, either by moving one existing building on top of another, or by building on top from an inventory building.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
YES

Reason:
A lot of players have said they have many copies of the same building in inventory and they don't know what to do with them.
This would allow players to use up those stocks.
It would make aiding more interesting, would people continue to aid, or go and look for a level 5 Hall of Fame to motivate...?

Details:
If I have 2 Colonial Age Shrines of Awe, either in my city, in my inventory, or a combination. Once one is built, I could simply build or move the 2nd one onto the same 4 squares and presto, a level 2 Colonial Age Shrine of Awe, producing double the payout and double the motivation bonus.
It could be limited to only special buildings, and those that don't have the 6 production options.

Visual Aids:
None required.

Balance:
Additional buildings would need to be able to have multiple levels. Currently only GBs and some of the more recent special buildings have this.

Abuse Prevention:
There is no abuse foreseen.

Summary:
Allow for levelling-up buildings by placing identical ones on top of each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

I think you missed something
to level up buildings you get level up kits

so InnoGames already implemented the way they want to level up buildings

and your idea can't work together with it: why would you need a building and an upgrade kit if 2 buildings would end in the same ?

Balance:
Additional buildings would need to be able to have multiple levels. Currently only GBs and some of the more recent special buildings have this.
that isn't balance
that is implementing details

balance would be:
needing only half of the space and motivations to get the same output
that is overpowered. do the newly created upgrade kits double the output with one level up
in most buildings: no
you need 6 upgrades to level 7 to upgrade the pillar or bridge to give 3 instead of 1 FP

with our idea and 2 upgrades that would end giving a level 3 SoK 3 FP
and that on 2x2
ridiculous unbalanced (that is balance)

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
balance would be:
needing only half of the space and motivations to get the same output
that is overpowered. do the newly created upgrade kits double the output with one level up
in most buildings: no
you need 6 upgrades to level 7 to upgrade the pillar or bridge to give 3 instead of 1 FP

with our idea and 2 upgrades that would end giving a level 3 SoK 3 FP
and that on 2x2
ridiculous unbalanced (that is balance)

Exactly. I could stack 40 SoK's, 20 terracefarms and a lot of other buildings and I would save a huge amount of space.

Last edited:

DeletedUser113110

Proposal:
Having the ability to "level-up" special buildings by being able to put identical buildings on top of each other, either by moving one existing building on top of another, or by building on top from an inventory building.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
YES

Reason:
A lot of players have said they have many copies of the same building in inventory and they don't know what to do with them.
This would allow players to use up those stocks.
It would make aiding more interesting, would people continue to aid, or go and look for a level 5 Hall of Fame to motivate...?

Details:
If I have 2 Colonial Age Shrines of Awe, either in my city, in my inventory, or a combination. Once one is built, I could simply build or move the 2nd one onto the same 4 squares and presto, a level 2 Colonial Age Shrine of Awe, producing double the payout and double the motivation bonus.
It could be limited to only special buildings, and those that don't have the 6 production options.

Visual Aids:
None required.

Balance:

Abuse Prevention:
There is no abuse foreseen.

Summary:
Allow for levelling-up buildings by placing identical ones on top of each other.
No, no, just NO. -1
High players have dozens/hundreds of SoKs, WW, SoI, etc.
If we can stack them it would open space. A lot of space. And there would be no need of expansions.

Galladhorn

Monarch

I would make the gap between high ranking players and newer players even bigger, thus boosting everything for no real reason.

DeletedUser113901

So a level 80 SoK would produce 80 FP per day and use 4 squares ? It can easily be abused . So -1