• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Level 4 GE rewards

• Thread starter DeletedUser96846
  • Start date

DeletedUser96846

Like many players, I do GE 4 weekly. The prizes for GE4 seems to be lacking. It appears that they are rotating between fountain of youth/renovation kit; fountain of youth/store building; and terrace farm/sacred sky watch. Fountain of youth in game is very useless, very few build them. Store building is useful, but not enough to merit being a GE4 final prize. I would like more terraces and sky watches (especially terraces), but they only happen every three weeks. I can see that the terrace would not be offered every week, as it adds a lot of FPs in one bang, but I feel that it should be offered more often than once every three weeks, same with sky watch. I already have 15 renovation kits in my inventory, and 5 one up kits. I do find them useful, but not in huge quantities. I feel like two store buildings are about an equivalent of one renovation kit, and should be offered in that quantity as GE4 reward.

Another issue is that level 4 GE was hard when it came out, but after doing same battles over and over, it is pretty much routine. It does require a good attack rating, but not that good if you negotiate a couple of battles. So I guess it has become just weekly drudgery-no challenge and no appropriate reward

DeletedUser110179

I would like more terraces and sky watches (especially terraces), but they only happen every three weeks. I can see that the terrace would not be offered every week, as it adds a lot of FPs in one bang, but I feel that it should be offered more often than once every three weeks, same with sky watch.
I'm amazed that as an experienced veteran you still feel the need for more Terrace Farms ... when you should have filled up on SoK, Cherry Gardens or Indian Palace combos.

Good on you !
TerraceFarm.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111351

no challenge and no appropriate reward
I really question this ending to your post. You go on about how the rewards for level 4 GE aren't elite enough prizes and then say how simple it is to complete level 4. Most would say a proper reward for a "no-challenge" level task is the most common of prizes.

And if they gave the prize you wanted nearly weekly, how long would it take before you had too many of those to be useful and are then back here saying it should be something different? A mix of rewards is needed simply to keep it somewhat useful for longer.

DeletedUser96846

Quick reply: Bridge 1st- I do want more terraces even though I have all the other buildings you mentioned. I see terrace as something that can be easily stored, and thus useful for remodeling cities fast depending on what I am doing any given week. Combo type buildings are great, but one is pretty much stuck with them.

One2Rule-I would like both better prizes AND more challenging GE level 4. Is that too much to ask for?

PS-I would really like to hear from other players who actually do GE4 weekly of frequently

DeletedUser110179

I see terrace as something that can be easily stored, and thus useful for remodeling cities fast depending on what I am doing any given week.
Remodeling ... Mmmm ... interesting ... very nice indeed ... I have 3 ... certainly makes this weeks GE more inspirational .

SacredSkyWatch.png

DeletedUser111351

@Zoreiana I haven't done GE4 weekly, but I would say that I do it regularly. As you say, for you it was challenging when it first came out, but as you became more powerful it became commonplace. This is always going to be the case no matter how difficult they make any fight. The only way for them to keep it challenging would be for them to make the opponents scale to whatever a player's current strength is. I don't know, maybe this is exactly what you want?

Maybe you are one of those that takes advantage of the faulty rogue AI and use 7 in your attacks. If so, and you want a challenge, then try to fight the fights for real, with regular troops. Try to win with troops of a lesser age. There are ways for you to make it more challenging for yourself without the game changing at all.

The statement that it's easy for you now and so you want it harder ignores all the players weaker than you. Once it was a challenge for you. Well, there are currently players at the strength that you were then. Making it harder would take away their right to compete as you once did.

As for the loot, we all want better loot and more loot and the specific loot that I want from everything. I suppose there are several different discussion points in your original post so its hard to say which one you're actually keying on most. Currently that first post basically just tells us that you've outgrown GE.
1. Is the game too easy, or what parts of the game do players find most challenging?
2. What loot items do people like or dislike?
2a. I really like terrace farms, do others find them useful or trash?
2b. One ups, reno, storage: these things flood my inventory. Is it just me with this surplus? Has anyone come up with a strategy that makes use of this surplus somehow?
3. Where do people find their best loot?
4. Which areas of the game do players find has the best loot to difficulty rating? Which areas have the worst?
5. Which areas of the game do players find they spend their most time?
6. Which areas of the game do players find they wish they spent most of their time (or got expanded)?

DeletedUser100832

Rewards for last 4 fights of GE are very disappointing

You want some special reward for the last battle, and reno/FoY just isn't that

DeletedUser96846

Medibradrion, thank you, you said it in 2 sentences what I wasted two paragraphs on. I should take a concise writing course.

One2Rule, thank you for a very well thought out post. My complaint about challenge should have been more specific-the battle setups in GE do not vary week to week, at least not in levels 3 and 4. And since I do it every week, I find that very boring. It does not have to do with power, it has to do with variety. I do not use all rogues, and yes, I try using different units. Lately, I have been trying to do as much GE as I can with lower age (arctic units). Nets me a good tower point in that age. Still, that is becoming boring.

DeletedUser11207

I agree about level 4 of the GE (which I complete every week), the rewards from many of the boxes aren't too great. It's wonderful getting to the end of level 4 to find your grand prize is a fountain of youth (which gets deleted straight from inventory).

I do GE L4 every week now, and while I understand very well that Inno cant be giving away massive rewards to all and sundry, it might be an idea to introduce specific prizes for those completing L4 that cannot be had anywhere else, or a mix of standard ones.

Personally have no idea how difficult it would be, but maybe if the final prize wasn't a 50/50 thing, but more like a list from which you can choose one of say 6 or 7 different prizes. Because we each tend to play our own game, some may want Reno Kits or Terrace Farms, but others may want an FP or Large medal bonus. I know they wont give me what I really, really want (expansions) but sprucing up the end prize a little may make it feel more worthwhile to other players.....

Vesiger

Monarch
As I understand it, the theory is that the points for the guild are the real reward, and the potential gifts to the individual player are just supposed to be a bit of icing on the top...

DeletedUser108379

The thing is, no matter what the final reward is, after some weeks, there will be starting some players to say, they rewards are bad, because they do not neen any more of that reward.

When the GE started, I was very happy, to see, that sometimes there would be the opportunity to win a renokit at the third tempel of the second level. I really did need some of that. I still like them, I have still some SoK not updated to my current age, but they are not so seldom in the game as they used to be, so there are other prizes, I would like more.

I have now 6 terrace farms, I will find another place for one easily, but for more? Yes, I could somehow. But do I want to? Is FOE now a game only about leveling GB?

DeletedUser110195

That's the fate of all games. Eventually you're going to achieve all there is to achieve. Inno keeps adding new things, but ultimately they'll run out of things to add and people will move on. The repetitive stuff is there to bridge the gaps between old content and new.

DeletedUser96846

Personally have no idea how difficult it would be, but maybe if the final prize wasn't a 50/50 thing, but more like a list from which you can choose one of say 6 or 7 different prizes. Because we each tend to play our own game, some may want Reno Kits or Terrace Farms, but others may want an FP or Large medal bonus. I know they wont give me what I really, really want (expansions) but sprucing up the end prize a little may make it feel more worthwhile to other players.....

I really like this idea :D. I think they could also give us "little" expansions, as in 2 x 2. In four weeks of GE one would have a big 4 x 4 expansion

bollie57

Private
thisis forthe entire ge rewards , mostle for relics . I feel they are lacking way to many blueprints. Please anything but blue prints. medals, fp's stop with the blueprints