• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other Letter from the Forge of Empires Development and Community Management Team

DeletedUser99588

Dear Players!

We have some interesting updates for you, so read on to learn what’s coming up in Forge of Empires in the next months!

As you have noticed, the last updates were mainly about bugfixing and some layout changes. While bugfixes and minor improvements were things that you could actually see, there was an immense amount of behind-the-scenes work done simultaneously.

First of all, our development teams have changed their development environments. Also, the old environments were getting more and more out-of-date and therefore it’s been slowing the development process down. This task alone was really complex and time-consuming, but we succeeded! This will speed-up our development and make the upcoming versions more stable.

At the same time, work on a new, cross-platform messenger has been ongoing for quite some weeks. It’s not only adding messages to the mobile apps, but it’s in fact, an entirely new system with some improvements that you’ve been requesting for a while. We have heard all the comments and we have taken your ideas into account.

We know that we’ve been testing your patience a bit, but it’s now rather safe to say that we’re really close to messaging’s release!

We also remember about the guilds feature. We know that their presence on mobile is really, really wanted and expected by all of the players who mainly use mobile devices to play. We will do it in the upcoming months, so please be patient – guilds will come to your tablets and phones!

Additionally, we also need to say a word or two about something that has a lot to do with guilds: GvG. There was a plan to improve it a lot this year, but this is a huge task and our game designers are still figuring out the best way to go when it comes to guild cooperation.

As you have seen in the last InnoGames TV episode, the initial development of the new age (The Future) has also started. We’ve noticed that some of you worry that we’re nearing the end of the game. Well, we definitely are not! This is absolutely not the case – we will not stop delivering new, fun stuff. We are well aware that Forge of Empires largely depends on new pieces of content being continuously added to the game. We will therefore keep on doing that, but we will change the way we do it. And we certainly do not plan to slow down, you can trust us!

You will hear more about it when The Future is released.

Also a topic that maybe relates to the new age a little – we know that there are ongoing discussions about implementation of the second Great Building for the Tomorrow Age. Are we going to do it? When? Why is this taking so long? The answers are rather obvious: it’s taking a while, because we were forced to handle many things that we did not expect, so the product management had to adjust the plans accordingly. It’s not forgotten though, it will be implemented.

We have a tiny spoiler for you as well: there will be a small, additional event sometime in September or October. You will hear more about it in the upcoming InnoGames TV episode.

There are also other things, improvements that are clearly necessary and players from many language versions have been bringing them up many times, like Great Buildings points being too high, not-that-well-working neighborhood merging, treasury logs or some changes to the army window. We know about all of them – community managers and their teams do a very good job forwarding them to the game development team. There is always room for improvement and we know it!

We will be tackling the aforementioned issues (and not only them).

Thank you for reading and thank you for playing Forge of Empires! :]

Forge of Empires Development and Community Management Team

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge some of the concerns raised in the forum. I hope we do see some action in the very near future to tackle them and for them to be fully tested in beta allowing enough time for player feedback to be taken into account and acted on before implementing on live servers.

DeletedUser16126

It looks they are busy with so many things in parallel, Hope they test it before it gets released.
If the developers are figuring out how they can improve GvG...
maybe it's better that they try to figure out the improvements in cooperation with the players,
so they immediately get feedback on what is really needed for the players and get feedback on the backdoors that will screw up the improvements.

DeletedUser101925

Right.. they're working on it. Aaaaany day now.. :rolleyes:

Sorry but i'm not convinced anything will change.

DeletedUser99692

Got to agree with you Syphon lets just hope that they don't make GvG any worse but I have a feeling that sod's law will prevail and anything that can go wrong will lol

DeletedUser5180

at last we hear from the devs

hope this is the start of some regular interaction with the players

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Well overdue, but at least it's something.

Rather disappointing that there wasn't an official feedback thread made for this announcement, so thanatos had to make an unofficial one. Are they really interested in hearing our views or is this just lip-service?

DeletedUser

Rather disappointing that there wasn't an official feedback thread made for this announcement, so thanatos had to make an unofficial one. Are they really interested in hearing our views or is this just lip-service?

Sorry but my computer crashed and when i got back it was made.

DeletedUser99588

Sorry but my computer crashed and when i got back it was made.

Apologies for jumping the gun. Although I noticed beta forum hasn't provided a feedback thread either but I think the developers were really just making an informative statement and feedback was probably not a requirement as the subject matter has been discussed in depth.

I chose to create a feedback thread to highlight the need to test changes properly in beta not only for bugs but also to see if the changes actually improve or are detrimental to game play. A week or two weeks of testing in beta is not long enough for many of the changes especially with the number of additional bugs each update has brought with it.

Sometimes changes do not work out as expected but to date the philosophy has been to carry on regardless. The outcome is very much akin to a carry on film :)

It seems to me that many on this forum are better at predicting the outcome of changes than the developers themselves. Maybe it is time to share their plans prior to putting in the effort of making them a reality only to find they are not welcomed by their customers and have a negative effect on the game.

DeletedUser

Apologies for jumping the gun. Although I noticed beta forum hasn't provided a feedback thread either but I think the developers were really just making an informative statement and feedback was probably not a requirement as the subject matter has been discussed in depth.

I chose to create a feedback thread to highlight the need to test changes properly in beta not only for bugs but also to see if the changes actually improve or are detrimental to game play. A week or two weeks of testing in beta is not long enough for many of the changes especially with the number of additional bugs each update has brought with it.

Sometimes changes do not work out as expected but to date the philosophy has been to carry on regardless. The outcome is very much akin to a carry on film :)

It seems to me that many on this forum are better at predicting the outcome of changes than the developers themselves. Maybe it is time to share their plans prior to putting in the effort of making them a reality only to find they are not welcomed by their customers and have a negative effect on the game.

No apology necessary, and I can assure you that they are reading the feedback I make sure to pass it back and add to weekly report.

DeletedUser106685

I suspect that this message has been posted now, because the next update won't bring anything new either :)

But still, I really appreciate this. Maybe it's just me, but I don't care about spoilers. I'd like to know what's coming.

One of the things that wasn't mentioned, is the guild levels above 50.
People REALLY need to know if they can delete their Hall of Fames when they get there, or if they still have some use in the near future.
Any comment about this would be most welcome.

DeletedUser16026

One of the things that wasn't mentioned, is the guild levels above 50.
People REALLY need to know if they can delete their Hall of Fames when they get there, or if they still have some use in the near future.
Any comment about this would be most welcome.

At this time there's no information how things will work post level 50 for guilds, but any guild who has acquired that level will still be able to continue earning power. This power will be accounted for in the game database. That way, no matter how things work after that level nothing will be lost for those who have kept working on their guild status. All earnings will be applied when the new guild level features come (I am saying features because as initially mentioned, we are not sure how precisely things will work and cannot confirm whether there will be extra levels or something else).

DeletedUser106685

As long as we can be sure that something will come to put those points to use, that's enough for me. So thank you for that.
Now I just hope that it won't take too long ;)

DeletedUser914

We also cannot decide which great is most important to upgrade and that already for months. Make a clear plan isn´t possible anyway.

DeletedUser96901

We also cannot decide which great is most important to upgrade and that already for months. Make a clear plan isn´t possible anyway.
most important is the additional event

so that comes first :rolleyes:

DeletedUser98461

LMAO................does someone really take this letter seriously?