• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Lets ruin the game so devs have to take action

DeletedUser11930

I was just thinking lol this game could easily be ruined ie pvp tournaments made pointless because lets face it its all about the attacker they get both attack/defence bonus so its pointless putting a defence up because you only get a defence bonus but lets say my tank has attack 30 but i'm defending against you with 150% bonus i may aswell just hurl frozen peas.

In short it will be pointless for pvp tournaments and all the big players will get bored and leave

DeletedUser276

actually with all the bonus's in the game the defense has a higher %. Not the attacker.

DeletedUser15986

actually with all the bonus's in the game the defense has a higher %. Not the attacker.

An answer worthy of a politician...

The percentage for the defensive bonus may well be higher, but the cumulative effect of the attack+defense bonus far, far outweighs the percentage bonus of defensive GBs. (It starts off hardly noticeable, but the higher the boost level the more pronounced it gets... At 150% it is so imbalanced it's nearly a joke.)

The OFF/DEF imbalance means that a boosted attacker gets a significant DEF boost that limits damage, whilst also getting an ATT boost that causes damage. Meanwhile, from a defensive PoV, to take advantage of the DEF bonus a defender needs to use units with a high DEF stat - otherwise the increase is negligible overal and provides no real protection against a boosted attacker - meaning the best defensive boosts are gained using heavy units who end up with inferior offensive stats compared to the attacking counterparts.

There are excellent posts here and here that argue against "Defensive GB is better" being the case, and another here that shows the "defensive bonus is higher" myth for what it is by showing an "effective ATT/DEF bonus" relative to the solely DEF bonus by comparing two equal units.

Basically it's the case that defenders take damage from the boosted ATT, but deal no damage due to having a basic attack which often fails to even dent a DEF boosted attacker. When a 150% ATT/DEF boosted attacker can defeat a 550% DEF boosted defender without losing a unit then that should tell you that something's wrong.

DeletedUser11930

too true if pvp players while attacking had no defensive bonus then battles would be more equally matched or give an attacking bonus to defenders oh but then that would stop the diamond buying players and empty the DEvs pockets seems its all about money again

DeletedUser

That battle vs 550% must have taken ages. I dont think I would have bothered with it.

DeletedUser3157

That battle vs 550% must have taken ages. I dont think I would have bothered with it.

Click autocombat > watch no results bar appearing > reload game > continue combat > repeat from beginning.
Do it at least 3-4 rounds till that fight finally gets finished :P

DeletedUser

Click autocombat > watch no results bar appearing > reload game > continue combat > repeat from beginning.
Do it at least 3-4 rounds till that fight finally gets finished :P

I've tried this tanks vs tanks against a dude that had 490% defense or smth. Took me half hour with autocombat. I had to relaod more than a dozen times doing what you said.
I was losing the battle (autocombat attacks the most injured unit untill it kills it even if it deals no dmg when HP is bellow 50% with tanks) and i had to go manual in order to get all the remaining units bellow 50% health, and then finish with autocombat again.
Maybe I should give it a go with all conscripts in autocombat...

The "watch no results bar appearing" bug has to be solved ASAP...