• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: let trades go bad / remove automatically after a given time

• Thread starter DeletedUser11794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser11794

Proposal:
Let the system let trades go bad and remove them from the market after a given time.

Reason:
The market is increasingly flooded with bad trades that nobody wants to accept. The people posting the trades don't care how much trades they have posted cause they don't see their own trades when they browse the market.

A trade that was not accepted within the given time frame (3-7 days I'd say), has very limited chances to be accepted beyond that.

Details:
I'm not sure what a good time would be, but I'd think somewhere between 3-7 days.

I'm also undecided whether the trade should just be removed, and the player should get the offered goods back, or whether I'd even go further and say that goods are lost (as they have gone bad).

When a trade is removed from the market, the person posting the trade should see it in their news listing similar to how you see that your trade was accepted.

Visual Aids:
No visual aids.

Balance:
I think the only question would be what to do with trades that are older than the agreed maximum lifetime of the trade the moment that rule would take effect. One solution would be to start the counter at 0 for all trades existing at that moment.

Abuse Prevention:
No abuse prevention necessary.

Summary:
I think this will allow for quicker browsing of the market and not force everybody to read through a whole bunch of crappy trades day in and day out.

DeletedUser11794

I don't think that's the same. If you want to post 50 offers, and they are "all great" and are accepted within minutes, I don't see a problem with that.

On the contrary, let's say the "offer cap size" would be 30 or even only 20. There could be quite a bunch of people that constantly have this maxed out with bad offers that are never accepted and just make the browsing of the market a pain for everybody else.

Also, when offers like this go bad after a while, there should be also some kind of learning effect for those posting them. Or at least I'd hope there would be.

DeletedUser

I have to -1
IF your idea is that goods would spoil on the market (You don't seem to be sure) then I think it is not the same idea. My concern would be for the perfectly fair trades on the market that are not accepted quickly. This can happen for various reasons ie: not every player chooses to be in a guild and it can take these players longer to trade for goods but they should not be penalized and loose their goods. Or sometimes shortages can exist within guilds of certain goods and offers can take longer to clear but again people should not be penalized and loose there goods for this reason. I accept the possibility of forfeiting goods if they are not accepted on the market would make unfair traders think before posting unfair trades, but your idea would not only target the unfair trades.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Details:
I'm not sure what a good time would be, but I'd think somewhere between 3-7 days.

And that is one main point that players have never been in agreement about. I like the idea but I don't see it pleasing enough people to make it a great idea.

-1 And to add to wizard's point. Sometimes the guys at the top of the guild (in the highest age) have to wait a long time for their trades to be filled as no one has the goods they are looking for.

DeletedUser

I understand mac8 wish to deal with people "with bad offers that are never accepted and just make the browsing of the market a pain for everybody else". However, IMO there was better ideas to deal with this, while this is attempt to educate players who don't understand how trade work, will penalize many people who do.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11794

@Mordin - when you're saying "there was a better idea", what was it?

@wizard1001 - what if the goods don't spoil, but the offers just get removed?

The problem is that people just flood the market with offers right now. Pressing the button on an offer 5x or even more often can be done in seconds. There's currently no incentive whatsoever to remove trades that didn't get accepted.

In my neighborhood there are currently 54 pages of offers. There was a point when there were 80+. A high percentage of those trades is garbage = will never be accepted unless the person who posted them is going to remove them on their own - which is something most don't do.

DeletedUser

What I would like to propose to fix the flood a little better, is let's say you have a thousand lumber. You set a trade on the market. Once somebody picks up that trade, have the market automaticly re-creates that trade until an X amount of goods left in your warehouse (X can be changed by a player). So now instead of having 10 trades of the same identical trade, there is only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.