• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Leap Year Event

DeletedUser109019

Yes free stuff is always good but i am at the stage where i have to alter my gameplay to achieve the event reward.
Example on 1 world ( i play all 14 to some degree) I only have the very last sector of the 1st continent map to scout(end of colonial) and i know it will take me a few days to conquer that province - 1 of the first quests of the event will be to scout a province, This leaves me with a problem - Do i scout now and continue as normal and "hope" i can conquer that province ready to scout again for the event or do i have to slow my game down and do nothing on the map till the event starts to ensure i can achieve the scout a province quest?
It's not a race though, is it? It sounds like you have a challenge before the event even starts. Take some time to smell the floral bushes.

DeletedUser105508

Yes free stuff is always good but i am at the stage where i have to alter my gameplay to achieve the event reward.
Example on 1 world ( i play all 14 to some degree) I only have the very last sector of the 1st continent map to scout(end of colonial) and i know it will take me a few days to conquer that province - 1 of the first quests of the event will be to scout a province, This leaves me with a problem - Do i scout now and continue as normal and "hope" i can conquer that province ready to scout again for the event or do i have to slow my game down and do nothing on the map till the event starts to ensure i can achieve the scout a province quest?

Do what I do in situation like this, send scout out now but remember DO NOT go to the continent map until you are ready for the scouting quest in the event...When you are, open it and your scouting quest is completed...(To me it's no hardship not to do the map for a couple if days)

Will the quests be stacked at the onset or will there be merely 1 per 24 hours?

These mini-events the quests stack...(you got 8 days to complete 11 quests in the newest one)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109005

I quite like the events entirely because it's a history lesson, something that is missing from every research.
I agree so long as the History is well-informed. There was a complete howler re Martin Luther King in calling him a humanist, which is someone philanthropic disclaiming any religious motivation. No disrespect to those of such a persuasion but . . .

hardly appropriate for a Baptist Minister, great preacher, and one whose motivation was deeply based on a Christian social conscience.

The irony we hope will be revealed re the Pope and his calendar is that he abandoned the centuries-old Christian tradition of the year starting with the call of Mary - March 25. i.e., nine months before Christ's official birthday, in favour of 1st January. We ignored this new year change in England for nearly 200 years. I guess about that length of time for us to integrate into Europe!!1

DeletedUser5180

Do what I do in situation like this, send scout out now but remember DO NOT go to the continent map until you are ready for the scouting quest in the event...When you are, open it and your scouting quest is completed...(To me it's no hardship not to do the map for a couple if days)

send out your scout and stay away from the map until that quest appears

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I agree so long as the History is well-informed. There was a complete howler re Martin Luther King in calling him a humanist, which is someone philanthropic disclaiming any religious motivation. No disrespect to those of such a persuasion but . . .

hardly appropriate for a Baptist Minister, great preacher, and one whose motivation was deeply based on a Christian social conscience.

The irony we hope will be revealed re the Pope and his calendar is that he abandoned the centuries-old Christian tradition of the year starting with the call of Mary - March 25. i.e., nine months before Christ's official birthday, in favour of 1st January. We ignored this new year change in England for nearly 200 years. I guess about that length of time for us to integrate into Europe!!1

This is true, Inno better not be twisting History with pc values : p

DeletedUser105171

Just want to say I like the frequent events - would obviously be good to complete them all but that is a choice depending on how I play the game - may have to chose not to finish sometimes. If it is always really easy to finish the quest it isn't much of a challenge is it?

DeletedUser14704

As far as I knew, a lunar year is 354.37 days, 12 synodic cyles of 29.53 days....
I fear we are being rather pedantic here though :P

Don't know where you get 29.53 days from.
Orbit takes 27.32 days, the "synodic cycle" is more to do with matching up the phases.

DeletedUser109283

I'm really unhappy at being unable to play treasure hunt on iOS. I really really really really hope this will work on iOS

DeletedUser109019

Just want to say I like the frequent events - would obviously be good to complete them all but that is a choice depending on how I play the game - may have to chose not to finish sometimes. If it is always really easy to finish the quest it isn't much of a challenge is it?
Excellent point.Also depends on where you are in the game.

DeletedUser16026

The event has not yet been activated. It should be added soon though.

ETA: The Event has been enabled now. :)

DeletedUser106172

Too bad there is not a great big Event Toilet Bowl so I could flush each and every one of them away. I am sure there are many like myself that get stuck on the "scout a province" task. I don't even bother with the Events any more, for me it is a waste of time. I find it unfair that some will get rewards for completing an Event that will be easy for them, but I get screwed because of one task. I was looking forward to the Easter Event... you know, running around and hiding all those cute little eggs... but my understanding is FoE has decided to take that away and go with these "jump through the hoop" tasks. Well... stick it, I cant be bothered dancing to the pipers tune. I am not a trained monkey. Have a great day. Tango

Vesiger

Monarch
I object to events that tell you to buy Forge Points, because it's basically a permanent penalty for the rest of the game - having to buy four Forge Points has pushed up the cost of every future occasion on which I might need to buy FP. And we had it in other events too; we don't get asked to delete special buildings or give up troop spots permanently, but the cost of FP once increased goes up forever :-(

DeletedUser5180

I object to events that tell you to buy Forge Points, because it's basically a permanent penalty for the rest of the game - having to buy four Forge Points has pushed up the cost of every future occasion on which I might need to buy FP. And we had it in other events too; we don't get asked to delete special buildings or give up troop spots permanently, but the cost of FP once increased goes up forever :-(

mine have just risen to 370k

DeletedUser106685

Mine cost 460,000 coins now, and I'm not complaining. Give me a quest to buy 25 FP, I don't care.
As long as you spend them wisely, it's never a 'penalty'.