• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Bug: Leader Unable to Lock / Unlock Guild Threads

Lord Senator

Private
As a Guild Leader, I used to be able to 'Lock' or 'Unlock' guild threads. However, I do not appear to be able to do this anymore. Is it that only Guild Founders have this right now and not Guild Leaders? I am not sure if this is a bug or whether it was part of the last FoE Update - please advise.

Emberguard

Legend
What are you trying to click for this? The button on the left or the right?

1632316054881.png

Lord Senator

Private
I am not entirely sure about the question that you are asking ... Left or Right?

To be clear, I am trying to un-check the 'Lock Thread' box (from your posted illustration above) and it does not appear to be allowing me to do so. When in the thread, I cannot appear to effectively 'Unlock' it

Emberguard

Legend
I meant are you able to see the options for lock thread. But you've basically answered my question, you're clicking on the right side dropdown menu (the gear) to reach the correct list of options

I've now tested this on a world where I have Founder rights. So it's definitely a bug as it effects both Leader and Founder

My findings:
It is impossible to alter any of the thread settings for a existing thread. It can only be set at the time of creating the thread. Only thing you can do is Delete Thread

Effected functions:
Mark as Favourite
Hide Conversation
Important
Lock Thread

Lord Senator

Private
Many thanks for verifying that this is indeed a Bug. Also good to know that it is something that affects both Founders as well as Leaders (although it is obviously preferable that this Bug does not affect either).

I have taken your advice on a previous occasion when wishing to draw guild members' attention to a previously written guild post, by deleting the old thread and creating a new one - somewhat inconvenient and laborious but if this is what needs to be done until this Bug is fixed then so be it.

Thank you again @Emberguard for investigating this issue, highlighting it through your findings and informing me of this outcome.