• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Latest Update: Market Problems

DeletedUser106661

It appears that in the last update, a few changes were made to the market. One in particular is absolutely horrible for the game: the auto-placement (to player's current age) of the goods type in drop-down menus for "offer" and "need". Example: I'm in PE, and want to post a ton of EMA and HMA trades for my lower-aged guildmates. EVERY time I make a new trade, I will have to scroll back up from PE to EMA.

I believe this change was made under the assumption that it would improve convenience, but it actually has an entirely adverse effect. Trading is more difficult...market activity drops...many aspects of guild teamwork are roadblocked, etc. There isn't a single positive effect resulting from the change, and what's worse is that the negative effects will play off of each other, in succession, to create even bigger problems down the line.

The market in FoE could use all kinds of improvement, as it's been repeatedly overlooked for over two years, and when changes finally come, the only ones made are either completely benign ("Rope" to "Ropes"?) or actually harmful! What gives?

You guys at Innogames do a fantastic job with this game overall - don't get me wrong - but this particular effort requires no other solution than a speedy "ctrl+Z".

DeletedUser110355

I agree with Kasper that this change should be rolled back urgently. It is OK if the default position of the drop-down menu is the current age, but once the user changes the setting, it should stick. Otherwise, if you try to offer a good of an old era against all the others it will take for ever... Please, please, please.

DeletedUser100065

It is annoying i can see why the change was made i guess but really it's annoying if your trying to be helpful. Simple fix don't be helpful i guess.

DeletedUser108669

I offer at least two trades of every type of good in the market from colonial to Post modern for my neighbours and friends which is at least 200 trades. To do this under the new system took more than twice as long as previously. Why can't we have the old system back?

DeletedUser108669

Another irritation with the market place is when I have 33 goods left ie enough to place 20 on offer and the number changes to 13. Do I not know my own mind? why does this need to happen?

DeletedUser108669

Actually I have a full set of trades in every era from Colonial upwards. I have repetitive strain injury from too much scrolling

DeletedUser106661

The idea is good to change the default setting after opening the trade windos from the first Bronze age good to your actual age,
but afterwards it should just behave as before IMO and keep the last good selection as a starting point.

Precisely. If the change were as you described, no problem would exist.