• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (City )Land Expansions for your city and GB ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser17180

Definitely traz deserves a special place
\
traz.jpg
Is this Gotham :'D

also, +1

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1 for me

i would so like to see me traz in water and other buildings

DeletedUser6065

When Alcatraz was first announced as a new building, I too was absolutely convinced in my own mind (small conviction, I know) that it would be placed on the island to the south. And, yes I imagined a bridge and/or boat for connection to roads.

It was a great disappointment to see that it could only be placed in-city. Further, look at the graphic itself! Folks, this is a Federal Penitentiary, that produces Penal Battalions. A bad person (gender neutral - you evil ladies know who you are) could roll up their orange pant legs and wade across that little moat! Now, I gotta ask ya, exactly how much happiness are the townspeople really experiencing knowing how flimsy their protection from Rogues gone rogue truly is? (Here's an idea, let's build our Confectionery next to Alcatraz!). And don't even get me started on the fact that I live in the San Francisco Bay Area where this little hummer is located. The graphic we have here, being located in city is laughable. Reminds me of Sleeping Beauty's Castle in Disney land.

So +1 for this idea.

And, oh yes. A Level 103 Alcatraz produces 101 units per day.
. . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98167

When Alcatraz was first announced as a new building, I too was absolutely convinced in my own mind (small conviction, I know) that it would be placed on the island to the south. And, yes I imagined a bridge and/or boat for connection to roads.

It was a great disappointment to see that it could only be placed in-city. Further, look at the graphic itself! Folks, this is a Federal Penitentiary, that produces Penal Battalions. A bad person (gender neutral - you evil ladies know who you are) could roll up their orange pant legs and wade across that little moat! Now, I gotta ask ya, exactly how much happiness are the townspeople really experiencing knowing how flimsy their protection from Rogues gone rogue truly is? (Here's an idea, let's build our Confectionery next to Alcatraz!). And don't even get me started on the fact that I live in the San Francisco Bay Area where this little hummer is located. The graphic we have here, being located in city is laughable. Reminds me of Sleeping Beauty's Castle in Disney land.

So +1 for this idea.

And, oh yes. A Level 103 Alcatraz produces 101 units per day.
. . . . mk
HAHA little moat to cross! That water is darn cold and sharks have been known to be in the area. Level 103? Who has one?

DeletedUser108047

+1 from me... would make more sense for all those pirate guilds also :)

and +1 for benefits for placing it in the 'correct place' as mentioned above

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
-1 from me....they should be focusing more on playability...there is already too much lagg in the game and should work on getting rid of it rather than focus on graphics and animations.

DeletedUser15432

I also give this idea a score of +1, it would be nice to have the extra space, and also to be able to zone buildings

DeletedUser112080

Hi All. New to the forum, and I know that this thread is a little old, but I'd like to try and build on the ideas here as my main concern in the game is that there is not enough space, and it is also a slight annoyance that the GBs don't sit in the ideal spaces. In my main city I am trying to collect all the GBs and special buildings released, and in ME am very close to not having enough space. (I would have run out already had I not missed the summer event.)
So here's my thought: The GBs all have a special spot in which they can be placed, outside the normal boundaries of the city, where they are considered automatically connected to the town hall. These spaces can be unlocked by using an expansion (or more than 1 for larger GBs). This could also be extended to include spaces for complete sets. The cost for unlocking could also include diamonds, or could be related to the Achievements, but I don't expect either to be popular.
The main negative I see with this is that if the GBs are spread around the edges then it'll be more awkward to collect from them all. This could be eased if you are able to zoom out further, which I believe has been discussed in another thread.
What do people think?

Agent327

Overlord
A little old? :rolleyes:

The game is all about choices. If you want to play Sim Citty and keep every building you see that is your problem.

DeletedUser112080

So nice that my first comment received such a helpful response...
Firstly, the thread hasn't been archived, so I see no reason that the comment isn't appropriate.
Secondly, you're right, this game is about choices, but apparently you consider my point invalid because you don't like the way I choose to play the game. My apologies for being different and not just having a giant field of SoKs (which there's nothing wrong with btw, it is a very efficient city layout if that's what you're going for). If no one keeps the old special buildings then inno will just be forced to keep releasing better and better ones and eventually this game will become all about completing the quests so that you have the newest thing, which hardly seems interesting to me. I'm suggesting a way to keep all the current releases remain relevant long term without having too significant an impact on the game - if the suggestion is expanded to sets, of course. It also introduces an interesting new choice into the game; if you unlock a GB (or set) spot then you might save a little space now, but that's area that you can't use for something else later.
Maybe this is just a way to fix my personal issues with the game, but there are also plenty of people who have commented earlier in the thread who like the original, similar, idea for different reasons, which you obviously haven't considered. If there's now no one else who still thinks this is a good idea then fair enough, but some more constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Galladhorn

Monarch
+1

I was keeping the Sandcaste for several years - I believe it was the only building that could connect seamlessly with that particular spot of the map.
Then came the extra the extra expansions areas and it was not possible anymore. It was somehow satifying that a building connected with the habbitat.
....So yes please this a fine idea.

Seaconnection_01.png

DeletedUser111561

+1

anyhow, inno seems to decide to go down the path of shrinking stuff instead of enlarging expansion area lol

DeletedUser

-1 from me....they should be focusing more on playability...there is already too much lagg in the game and should work on getting rid of it rather than focus on graphics and animations.

-1 Couldn’t have said it any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.