• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (City )Land Expansions for your city and GB ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser98167

Hi All, This is my very first post, be gentle please.

Proposal
Allow land expansions on the beach and into the Sea

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? YES
Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Some what, but mine is still different, bigger and better in its own way.

Reason
Eventually all players will want a bigger city, and FoE more than likely wants to expand and increase profits

Details
I wanted to move my light house to the edge of the sea, as that is where a Lighthouse belongs
I wanted to move my sandcastles and beach bars to the edge also, tired of cleaning up sand in the city, lol
When I do get Alcatraz it belongs there too, or be able to place it out in the sea.

Then, a great building could be a great bridge out to an island (Bridge idea: The Qingdao Haiwan Bridge)
A great building could be Atlantis
Military units could be submarines or battle ships.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
Does your proposal open up possible exploits or make it possible for players to cheat? Yes
If so, then how can this be addressed?. Not meaning to be crass, but I have a background in Network Systems Administration and Digital Media. Anything and Everything that is on the internet can be hacked or exploited, and there will always be cheaters. So in a nutshell it is Innogames responsibility to secure their servers, and environment. In order to fund the technology Innogames could make one of the BP's to the Great Bridge or Atlantis have to be purchased with diamonds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

General
Nice thinking Lainey K, and welcome to the forums. I have long thought that it is a pity you can't place buildings right on the seafront or on that island... and I too am fed up with cleaning the sand out of my city ;)

I love your bridge idea too, and the idea for using the sea itself - maybe that Atlantis GB would be a good one for a future age? However, your idea is more likely to get noticed if you use the template to present it, since it shows you have given the idea some serious thought.

DeletedUser98167

Thank You Amy. I did read about the template, but as a newbie, I am unsure of where the official template is. I clicked on one but it took me outside of the forum. Could you point me in the right direction? TY
NEVER MIND Duh, newbie mistake.... the word template above is a link, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

Nice idea! (I think the lovely formatted version needs to be in your first post, though)
+1 from me ... but I'm not sure about that diamond blueprint.
People would gripe a lot, even as they used free diamonds from quests to pay for it.

DeletedUser98167

TY Mink, Learning the ins and outs of proper forum posting. I did go back and edit my first post, then deleted the other.

You are right, people would not be happy about spending diamonds.
However I do realize research and development can be expensive, and we would want our new GB to be awesome!

DeletedUser1081

Part of my point, though, is that people would spend free diamonds they get from quests, so it would not only be an unpopular move, but an unprofitable one as well. Bad combination!

Anyway I believe Innogames is doing well enough at getting us to buy diamonds already with the assorted premium features. Having the option to buy BPs with diamonds is enough - making any BPs only available with diamonds would be imprudent, I feel.

DeletedUser2989

+1 for this idea (even though it's old), having the city expand onto the beach and into the water would open lots of futuristic underwater city opportunities. It'd also be the perfect opportunity to add in a naval aspect to the game.

DeletedUser16126

+1 for sure.
Everyone was expected that Alcatraz, when it was announced, that it needed to be put on the island. Unfortunately Inno made another silly move on this one.
It would be great if your proposal would even be extended with the feature that if buildings are put on the proper place that they would produce a little better. That would make the city planning even more challenging.

DeletedUser12400

It would be awesome if at least some great building for example large one would had special place to build.
Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.