• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Lag...and inadvertent key presses

DeletedUser107223

Tbh I am getting huge amounts of lag and I know its not just me many people have experienced lag and slow response from the game.
Around calc time you expect it to a degree, far more going on but this extends to other periods when the traffic is much less say during the day but it will escalates when events are going on and GE begins.

Often I have to close the game and rejoin as it seems to get progressively worse as time goes on and I have tried my other computers and the same occurs (memory leak was mentioned maybe). So far I have accidently erased my champions retreat as it delayed and picked up a key press and just deleted it, so lost that and today it picked up a key press because it did't respond and went into world map, I was saving that for the event for the scout a province so now got to conquer this one and then wait 2 days to scout it.

Tbh I have being playing sometime and in Arctic but with the increasing lag and hassle (don't even bother GvG after calc it is stupidly slow). The move to GE was a good one and adding to the Era's extends the games life but it would seem either the software, connections or servers are buckling under the strain. I have fairly decent connection so know it is not that and we have chatted on our guild about it.

It seems something is not right and getting frustrated takes the fun out of it so really considering calling it a day and moving on. Not a great advert for Inno as newcomers seem to start and then leave soon after, hardly surprising if the game is lagging and attention has not been addressed at this issue.

So Feedback to some it up....its lagging...badly

DeletedUser105544

Welcome to the club. Inno sell two-legged chair for a while. Incompetent employees plus long time neglecting gives bad product quality. That is all.

DeletedUser110131

There are several things that can affect lag. The two things that are in Inno's is coding and servers. If the servers are very good, they can to some extent compensate for flawed and/or overly ambitious code, Similarly, code can compensate for servers, by increasing the clients independence and optimizing the transfers. In Inno's case I suspect they have a little bit of trouble with all, which makes for a troublesome result. I'm pretty sure there's no memory leak, though, nor outright incompetent coding. More likely, any trouble with the code stems from too few programmers and too great demands. The servers are mostly a matter of buying a good product. Obviously, in the end, both come down to cost and priorities. I don't know what they can afford, but I have a definite opinion about what they should prioritize.

There are other factors that influence lag, though, that are out of Inno's control. One is Internet bottlenecks. If the transfer between client and server has to pass through overloaded nodes or low capacity cables, at any point during it's travels across the planet, that will cause lag. Neither you nor Inno can do anything about that. Then there are the things you can do_Obviously, your device or connection could also cause it (though that's not the case here). What may help, though, is making sure no other programs (or as few as possible) are using the connection; especially programs that are in very frequent contact with the Net. Many people have a lot of software that connects needlessly to the Net, made by programmers and companies who can't imagine that anyone would run anything more important than their "masterpiece", which should therefore be allowed to soak up resources. These will reduce available bandwidth, and, more importantly, they will increase ping time. Other than disciplining gluttonous software, the main causes for increased ping time that you can affect, are your device (which I understand is fine), your router (if you have one; a problem may be in the settings or capacity), line quality, and your ISP's servers. The last two will require changing provider or upgrade to a more expensive service.

Add together several of these problems, which will be the situation of many players, and there will be a lot of very dissatisfied users. Then there are the moderately dissatisfied users, who only suffer some of the problems. What's for sure, reading this forum, is that Inno needs to do what they can to improve the situation. In the meantime, you may have a less frustrating time if you do some troubleshooting at home; that won't just improve FoE, but other Internet activity, as well.