• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Kicked vs Left vs Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepessimist

Private
There are certain language defects in the automated comments.

When I kick somebody out of the guild:
The event log says player was "kicked from" the guild by me [1]
The main guild thread says player 1 "left" the guild [2]

When I remove somebody from a social thread
The thread says Player 1 was kicked" by me [3]

The words should be
[1] kicked
[2] kicked
[3] removed

The only place the automated comment should say "left" is when the player voluntarily left the guild or social thread.

Anybody else bothered by this?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
No, not really. Especially when you realize that this game is developed in Germany and is then translated into English (as well as a number of other languages). So when the game is initially designed in a language that is not English first, then little translation items like this happen, and is to be expected. People who feel they should be bothered by something like this - well, those kind of people are what bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.