• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Keep count of Friend Invites sent

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser99692

I would favour being able to invite the 140 friends you are limited to. I like to help out those asking for trade goods but with a close to full friends list its impossible if they have no invite to send. I don't mind the 24hr thing before you can tavern visit when the main purpose is giving and gaining trade and aid.

scibuff

Sergeant
too easy: for us to keep balancing inactive friends is a good thing.
I have not so many friends anymore 80 at most because I have to be able to add deals.
80 real active friends is not so bad.
On top of that new players should be able to invite “older” players to get a variety of bd’s.
I rather not see this to become harder for them.
Oldtimers reject such offers too easily already.

Edit: Since this is a strategy game I can’t see making things easier in that regard will help to keep it that way.

Wouldn't you prefer to have 130 active friends and keep balancing the remaining 10? Really the only thing this proposal would change is that you'd need to only delete one player (one invite) to send a new invitation, instead of 60 (if your FL is full). Active players already balance their FL and keep it open for new players to send them invites.

DeletedUser

Wouldn't you prefer to have 130 active friends and keep balancing the remaining 10? Really the only thing this proposal would change is that you'd need to only delete one player (one invite) to send a new invitation, instead of 60 (if your FL is full). Active players already balance their FL and keep it open for new players to send them invites.

This should be a choice of strategy.
Once I have all the bp’s I want yes I want 140 friend even.
Till then I have to be cautious with my friendslist to invest.

kernbeep

Private

The game is made so you chose your friends wisely

I agree that we should chose our friends wisely, but currently I can't 'chose' a new 'Friend' without deleting 61 others to have an invite available. Sadly, the players that are likely to get removed are the small players who don't have GBs for me to add to that would give me precious BPs.

It's this system that I would like to see changed a little, so I can accept requests from small players and keep them in my list as long as they remain active.

If I could manage the list of friends that I invited, I would be able to weed it out more easily and replace any that have become inactive.

DeletedUser

+1
Right now higher era players are penalized by the current system because they can't increase their friends list unless they end up accepting a request from a higher era player who normally isn't on or aids often and is booted off of other people list (for the most part) or is new to the game and sometimes doesn't keep playing, doesn't play often or it's an event city and they end up getting booted off because they don't visit the city or tavern.

I'd opt for a system where players have a cap depending on the era vs the way it is now where you could only have x# in VF - AF etc if the worry is that people would only want friends in the higher eras.

Romalo5

Corporal
+1
Excellent idea!
It would encourage Friends to be real friends and would make the whole idea of having Friends much more interactive and meaningful. As it is just now it often ends up being an exercise in visiting Taverns and giving Aid in a thoughtless, mechanistic, impersonal way. I am all for changing this.

stevejohnson

Private
I also find the text misleading invite up to 80 players, it was obviously easier for the programmers to cap invites when your friend list totalled 80, and then when it totals 140 that's your lot, If I have only sent out 60 invites I should still be able to invite another 20 when my list is at 120 total