• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Keep count of Friend Invites sent

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

kernbeep

Private
Keeping count of the number of Friend Invites sent would help players to manage their Friends list more effectively. Currently players can issue 80 friend invites, and accept 60 from other players. This gives an active list of 140 Friends. But if a player wishes to remove a Friend that they have invited and replace them with another friend of their choice, the current system requires them to drop 60 friends in order to get their total number of friends to under 80.

If the system kept a count of invites sent (and accepted), it would allow players to manage their own 80 invites without deleting up to 60 or more friends.

In practice, there are a lot of new players/small players who look to established players to accept their friend requests, to help them with GBs (and also to complete Tavern Silver Quests). The current system leaves those small players vulnerable to being dropped, with no reason other than a player wanting to invite new Friends.

If separate tallies were kept of 80 Invited Friends and 60 Accepted Friends it would give added incentive to maintain and manage an active friend's list.

Excession

Private
I have suffered exactly the same, lost friends but unable to add the one I wanted to. The present system is pretty silly. +1

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
+1

I hardly got to invite anybody at all - I didn't know accepting other people's invitations could make it impossible to friend more than four or five players of your own choice!

DeletedUser109510

+1
It seems such an obvious thing that you wonder why it hasn't been requested (and implemented) already.

kernbeep

Private
Has anyone ever given thought to change it so you can just invite 140? I don't understand the reasoning between just being allowed to invite 80 but can accept 60

This was my initial thought too, but the feedback I got from an earlier Comments thread seemed to show that Inno wanted to make sure that the Friend's list was open to new players, as well as those that accumulated over time for more established players. If there are good reasons for having 80 Friend Invites and 60 additional friends that can be accepted, I would be happy with that decision as long as I can manage my 80 invites (without having to delete 61 friends to get it back to under 80).

Emberguard

Legend
From what I can see when sending invites it checks the amount of friends you have, not the amount of invites sent (yes I know that's not what the text says, it's just how I've seen my worlds have the system react despite most of them being incoming not outgoing requests. Once I have 80 friends in the list it doesn't let me send more regardless of the actual amount sent)

Would love it if the reality presented matched what the text told us letting us actually invite 80 players, not invite when we have less then 80 friends

+ 1