• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed July Wildlife Contest

Adream

Private
Changbai Mountain National Forest Park is located in the southeast of Jilin Province of China. It is the boundary mountain between China and North Korea. It is the source of Tumen River, Yalu River and Songhua River and a national AAAA tourist attraction. The world-famous beauty, the endless forest sea and the rare birds and animals inhabiting it made it listed in the United Nations International Biosphere Reserve in 1980.
Changbai Mountain is a dormant volcano with several eruptions in history.
Therefore, the unique landform formed is magical and beautiful, towering and spectacular, primitive nature and unlimited scenery!
In Changbai Mountain, the most important thing is romance. As the most famous scenery of Changbai Mountain, Tianchi is the place you must go to when you come to Changbai Mountain. However, if you are traveling all day and you feel very tired, I suggest you go to Changbai Mountain National Forest Park at night. The five-color lights complement the natural beauty. Every night, the whole forest valley is blurred with neon, like a dream, like a fairyland on earth.
This summer vacation, I'm going to Changbai Mountain National Forest Park.

No trip to a national park in Malaysia is complete without visiting Taman Negara, or the National Park. It is not only the oldest conceived national park in Malaysia — established in 1939 — but also the largest. Just to give you an idea of how large it is, the park spreads out across three states: Pahang, Kelantan, and Terengganu. There are plenty of activities here, from climbing to fishing, trekking, and learning about the indigenous cultures. Definitely don’t miss out on the canopy walkway, where you can literally walk on the canopy level of trees and see the view of the forest floor from above.

I would love to visit the national park in the Northern Territory to visit the Kakadu National Park. It is a World Heritage Site. The park is located within the Alligator Rivers Region of the Northern Territory. And also take in Uluru (Pitjantjatjara } we would camp out in a tent to be at one with nature and enjoy the star light sky and watch the magnificent sunrises. Go for bush walks to observe all the wild life and fauna in the area.

BHAWKS

Private
I would enjoy going camping in Denali National Park in Alaska to take in the view and being in nature.

Ray Of Lite

Private
Lake Malawi National Park
I have bred Malawi cichlids, fish, for decades and would love to be at the place they were created.
1627114305575.png

ebes1

Private
I would love to go to The Grand Canyon. Just taking in the views for hours would be a relaxing and humbling experience. I have looked at pictures my whole life and always told myself I will go but stuff happens and excuses and procrastination take over. Hiking the rock face passes would be incredible and worth the trek. The awe inspiring formation that happened over millions of years should be on everyone's bucket list.
I know this is short of the required words but my typing is poor. A trip to the Grand Canyon is on my bucket list.

My personal favourite from my travels is the Halifax Citadel Historic Site. It was originally a fort that is now maintained through Parks Canada. It is covered by your National Parks pass if you have one. They do regular reenactments, and guided tours. They also do marches through town if you happen to be there at the right time.
It is really a great time to spend a day as a family.
https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/lhn-nhs/ns/halifax
For the Park Historic Site ( if they do not blank it out. )
FighterAlphaMale ( FAM ) from Mount Killmore

I grew up in Devon so natural love the Moors there, loads of space, lots of atmosphere and lots to explore. However I recently discovered the new forest, not that I hadn't been there before, but because I travelled through it this time with the family on bikes. It was amazing to journey into a meadow of wild horses and follow them as they ran through the woodland into pasture. We also came across many deer, and cows and found a beautiful little spot by a river to take a break.
Something I found really amazing amongst the pine trees was the unique smell. I don't think I have ever smelt anything quite like that, it must be the sap or bark from the trees that actually makes the air really sweat.

If you've never visited i'd highly recommend it, and if you have visited, but not on bikes, then i'd highly recommend that. The local bike shop in the centre has loads bikes and lots of electric options also if you're not so used to cycling.

Enjoy, I did and I hope to go back again soon!

frattonu59

Private
July Contest

WildlifeSplashScreen.png

It's July and our newest event is in full swing! The Wildlife Event is all about trekking through a wildlife park and exploring the outdoors. July is also a great time to take a vacation. If you could travel to any national park and trek about the wilderness, where would you go?

For this month's contest, we are asking you to simply write about which national park you would like to visit and why. Where would you like to go camping (or do you prefer glamping)?

What you have to do is write about any national park you would like to vacation to go camping in 200 words. Would you rough it, or is glamping your style? Would you prefer the outback of Uluṟu-Kata Tjuṯa National Park or the mountains of Yosemite National Park or the tropical rainforests of Iguazú National Park? Would you rent a cabin, pack it all in an RV or keep it simple with a backpack and tent?

Let us know and we will choose two winners who will each win 400 Wildlife Coins and 2 Tickets.

Rules:
  • You must provide a 200-400 word essay of a national park you would like to vacation in and why.
  • Entries must be made as a reply to this thread.
  • Any entry made after the close time will be removed.
  • There is to be only one entry per player, any player who places more than one entry will be disqualified.
  • The Community Management Team are the final arbitrators of the rules.

2 players will be randomly chosen to win. The contest will run from July 16th through July 30th, 9:00 server time.

Good luck, players!

OK. My choice is, perhaps, a little off the wall. It is THE UK bird reserve - Minsmere. But not just birds can be seen their Otters can regularly be seen swimming across the Island Mere and the site shares, with Dunwich Heath, a large herd of Red Deer. But it is the birds - winter visitors, passage migrants, summer visitors are all here in their seasons. Bitterns boom evocatively, Bearded Tits chatter invisibly in the reeds. Ceti's Warblers sing loud and catch the uninitiated by surprise. Marsh Harriers quarter the reedbeds whilst Avocets and Blackheaded gulls argue over nest sites on the Scrape. I only have 400 words, so cannot deal with the flora, the insects, the natural lawn tended by rabbits or the restful sound of the wind in the reeds or the sea on the shingle shore.

Fathom Five National Marine Park, Ontario, Canada.
The Park is located in the waters and Islands between Lake Huron and Georgian Bay. This Park is truly unique. It is on the Great Lakes, the largest fresh-water lakes anywhere. The Park is the capstone of the Bruce Trail which runs the Niagara Escarpment, forming Niagara Falls and the Bruce Peninsula. It encompasses several Islands and Light Houses, and dozens of ship wrecks. It's a favorite for Divers and Snorkelers like my family. I have snorkeled 32 area shipwrecks The water is so clear we can see down 10 meters, even from our kayaks. I've tented on Flower Pot Island and my family spent 3 nights as Volunteer Lighthouse keepers, staying in the original Keeper's residence. There are +300 year-old scrub cedar hanging from cliff-sides and fossils can be found from back when the area was a pre-historic rainforest. Best part is that it's only a 3.5hr drive from home...

wizardofaus

Private
Living in Australia, i'd love to visit some of America's national parks.. From some of the photo's, movies etc. i have seen they look like some of the greatest parks to visit.. Australia have some great parks also like the daintree forest, or Fraser island just to name a few

H4t3

Private
I would like to visit the Selous Game Reserve in Tanzania. Africa has held a special place in my heart as I spent my childhood in Nigeria. I believe it was my time there that sparked my love of nature and observing wild animals in their natural habitat. Africa being the cradle of civilizations has the greatest variety of flora and fauna. Selous in particular is the biggest reserve in Africa and has an entire set of magnificent creatures like black rhinos, African elephants, giraffes, lions, and leopards. I plan to take my young child along and hope that observing nature on such a grand scale, will spark the love of nature in her, and inspire her to join the fight to preserve natural habitats and animals. I hope to visit during the wildebeest migration across the great rift valley and witness the delicate dance between predator and prey, as it has occurred over millennia. I believe that close encounters such as these can help heal mankind's broken relationship with nature. Help us realise the need to preserve the beauty and magnificence of our fellow creatures, and learn to love and respect their role in preserving the great cycle of life, of which we form a part.

bobbit64

Private
Kakadu in Australia. It is one of the true worlds wilderness areas covering a very large area in North Western Australia. It has so many different species, some unique to the area and some of the most pristine rainforest. The terrain includes wetlands, rivers and sandstone escarpments and home to plant species in the thousands, and wildlife from saltwater crocodiles and flatback turtles to birds. The land has a link to our native people who have inhabited it since prehistoric times. To visit would be one of life’s experiences. My ideal day would go something like this:

Rise before sunrise to watch the wetlands bristle with wildlife and its take on the morning rush hour in the natural chaos that nature provides at the start of a new day. I’d then cruise the Alligator River watching its reptilian inhabitants cruise the waters with little care, they don’t need to show their strength, the world knows the water is the Alligators domain and man should watch with a mixture of caution and awe. Then I’d travel the many landforms that make this part of planet earth so unique – unchanged for millions of years – the land cares little about the stresses of human life and shows its natural beauty. The latter part of the day would include a visit to see real ancient history in the prehistoric rock paintings that adorn caves and favourite rock faces about the park. I’d take in the outdoor galleries of Nourlangie, Naguluwur and Ubirr peoples to peek into the Dreamtime creation stories, spiritual life, and early records of European contact. These peoples lived at a time when modern day pressures just didn’t exist, pollution, land degradation, species extinction, over-farming, over-population, instead they nurtured the land, nurtured its inhabitants regardless of their status and truly lived in harmony with their world. The day would end watching the natural world begin their return home anticipating the view of the night sky that and all its glory – quiet – calm – tranquil – but quietly crowded with the stars from horizon to horizon.

realgregski

Private
The Angkor Wat archaeological park in Cambodia is a magnificent relic of a bygone era, covering a vast area with hundreds of temples from the eponymous Angkor Wat temple itself, to smaller sites, it was a working city, a centre of trade and civilisation. It functioned over 600 years and through that time many amazing monuments to this empire were built and remain to this day. The site was only rediscovered just over a hundred years ago having been consumed by nature, by the jungle, lost for 500 years.
The intricate carvings and precision in masonry are there to see in the monumental ruins of each temple. From the partially restored Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom temples, to the managed dilapidation of the Ta Promh site with huge trees growing from the tops of the walls and the roof of the temple itself, roots writhing along the walls down to the ground, showing how nature devours - eventually - the best that man can build. The beauty in this site is the delicate craftsmanship of every stone artefact and the beauty of the jungle surroundings, a 3 day pass in the park is the bare minimum that one needs to appreciate the delicate tension between the order created by humans and the disorder created by nature. A place to ponder and rest and marvel at the timeless elegance of human creativity and the beauty of nature itself. The beautiful reservoirs, still in the breezeless morning acting like mirrors to the sky multiplying the beauty of an early morning sunrise to the sunset from atop a hilltop temple create perfect bookends to a remarkable day in an impossibly beautiful place.

As a young boy I held a dream to go there, I have been 9 times and yet still yearn to go one more time.

Naranique

Master Corporal
The contest is now closed and I wasnt to thank everyone for your wonderful replies. As a reminder, only those who followed the rules are eligible for the prizes.

Winners will be chosen tomorrow.

Naranique

Master Corporal
Thank you everyone for your entries. There are truly some amazing national parks around the world.

As for our winners, they are:

Ethan Runt and punita

Congratulations!

I will be in contact soon about your prizes.

Keep an eye out for our next contest coming in August!

punita

Corporal
Thank you everyone for your entries. There are truly some amazing national parks around the world.

As for our winners, they are:

Ethan Runt and punita

Congratulations!

I will be in contact soon about your prizes.

Keep an eye out for our next contest coming in August!
Thanks a lot