• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed July Wildlife Contest

Naranique

Master Corporal
July Contest

WildlifeSplashScreen.png

It's July and our newest event is in full swing! The Wildlife Event is all about trekking through a wildlife park and exploring the outdoors. July is also a great time to take a vacation. If you could travel to any national park and trek about the wilderness, where would you go?

For this month's contest, we are asking you to simply write about which national park you would like to visit and why. Where would you like to go camping (or do you prefer glamping)?

What you have to do is write about any national park you would like to vacation to go camping in 200 words. Would you rough it, or is glamping your style? Would you prefer the outback of Uluṟu-Kata Tjuṯa National Park or the mountains of Yosemite National Park or the tropical rainforests of Iguazú National Park? Would you rent a cabin, pack it all in an RV or keep it simple with a backpack and tent?

Let us know and we will choose two winners who will each win 400 Wildlife Coins and 2 Tickets.

Rules:
  • You must provide a 200-400 word essay of a national park you would like to vacation in and why.
  • Entries must be made as a reply to this thread.
  • Any entry made after the close time will be removed.
  • There is to be only one entry per player, any player who places more than one entry will be disqualified.
  • The Community Management Team are the final arbitrators of the rules.

2 players will be randomly chosen to win. The contest will run from July 16th through July 30th, 9:00 pm server time.

Good luck, players!

Last edited:

Lachumiv

Private
July Contest

WildlifeSplashScreen.png

It's July and our newest event is in full swing! The Wildlife Event is all about trekking through a wildlife park and exploring the outdoors. July is also a great time to take a vacation. If you could travel to any national park and trek about the wilderness, where would you go?

For this month's contest, we are asking you to simply write about which national park you would like to visit and why. Where would you like to go camping (or do you prefer glamping)?

What you have to do is write about any national park you would like to vacation to go camping in 200 words. Would you rough it, or is glamping your style? Would you prefer the outback of Uluṟu-Kata Tjuṯa National Park or the mountains of Yosemite National Park or the tropical rainforests of Iguazú National Park? Would you rent a cabin, pack it all in an RV or keep it simple with a backpack and tent?

Let us know and we will choose two winners who will each win 400 Wildlife Coins and 2 Tickets.

Rules:
  • You must provide a 200-400 word essay of a national park you would like to vacation in and why.
  • Entries must be made as a reply to this thread.
  • Any entry made after the close time will be removed.
  • There is to be only one entry per player, any player who places more than one entry will be disqualified.
  • The Community Management Team are the final arbitrators of the rules.

2 players will be randomly chosen to win. The contest will run from July 16th through July 30th, 9:00 server time.

Good luck, players!
SILENT VALLEY NATIONAL PARK
This is the National Park I had already visited but my mind tells me to go there again and again because of the immense beauty of the flowing river and various species of animals and birds can be seen. From the name itself we can understand how this National Park will be... Silent Valley National Park situated in Pallakkad District of Kerala,India. The Hills are Part of Sensitive Western Ghats. Highest number of Flora and Fauna are found in this regions because of its unique Tropical Wet Evergreen Rain forests. Streams and rivers inside the Park flow whole year providing Freshwater to the whole Jungle. Some of The Flora and Fauna found here is endemic to the Region. The Hills are Miraculous enough. The forest have its Huge Diversity in Fauna.
Its one of the few plantation areas in India, where multiple crops like Pepper, cardamom, tea, coffee and oranges are cultivated. The blue mountains of Nilgiris, surrounded with ridges on all sides lies the Silent Valley national park about 50 km from Coimbatore. The weather is always pleasant in here courtesy of the natural wall of ridges around it that protects it from extreme weather events. Shielded by the Nilgiri Plateau to the North and the Mannarkad Plains to the South, the Silent Valley was named a national park in 1984 which is located in the Northeast corner of Palakkad district, the valley constitutes the centerpiece of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve and was named a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 2012. A few centuries ago, before humans reached the Silent Valley, this reserve of tropical rainforests stood undisturbed and tranquil like a beautiful hidden diamond. Its silence was emphasized by the missing cicadas that usually characterized rainforests. When we look from the watch tower we can see the beautiful sites and also taking a deep breath from there... that keeps my mind calm and relaxed..
I would recommend FOE team to visit this marvellous National Park. :)
Below i attached some photos of the National Park..

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!...2ahUKEwj_sO3mjenxAhWEWHwKHWxtC_wQ9fkHegQIARBQ
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!...2ahUKEwj_sO3mjenxAhWEWHwKHWxtC_wQ9fkHegQIARBR
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!...2ahUKEwj_sO3mjenxAhWEWHwKHWxtC_wQ9fkHegQIARBS
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!...2ahUKEwj_sO3mjenxAhWEWHwKHWxtC_wQ9fkHegQIARBT

Attachments

• butterflies-1_yvfonf.jpg
    butterflies-1_yvfonf.jpg
    994.4 KB · Views: 105
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Silent-Valley-National-Park-3.jpg
    Silent-Valley-National-Park-3.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 101

Lugnut

Private
One of the most breathtaking places on Earth that I must experience before I die is Gros Morne National Park in Newfoundland, Canada. The pictures and descriptions of the second biggest Atlantic National Park would pale in comparison to actually being there. It appears one could get lost in Gros Morne’s 1805 km² expanse.

Years ago I met a man who took his whole family on a trip there in a motorhome. The happiness on his face describing everything said it all. He told me one of the best parts of going to Newfoundland was the friendliness of the people living there and from what I know of my Mother-in-law, a Newfoundlander by birth, it must be true.

I would bring my significant other along with me so we could tag-team driving to Nova Scotia, take a ferry to Port aux Basques and continue on through to north-western Newfoundland. We could stop for a visit at my in-laws, who live nearby (relatively!), then go on to the magnificence of this national park.

Even though there are inns, motels and chalets available, we would rather camp out at Gros Morne in the tent we bought that attaches onto the bed of a truck; this way, we could have an inflatable bed to sleep comfortably as well as being able to travel on the ferry without a trailer. All our supplies could be purchased locally to help the economy and be donated before we leave the province. It would be fantastic if we could catch fish and have a shore lunch. Maybe the blueberries would be in season if we timed our trip right.

If there was a dream to go to a place on my bucket list, it would be Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland, Canada. It is stunningly beautiful in pictures so I can only imagine seeing it with my own eyes. It looks like Heaven on Earth and I hope we will preserve this cherished UNESCO World Heritage Site for the next generation to experience.

punita

Corporal
I would like to visit Jim corbett national park, Uttranchal,India as it has a wide species of animals to see. I have already went there once but i'll to go once again.

This is also the first tiger reserve of India.Rifting away from many of such 'firsts', Jim Corbett park is all about wild fun. For all the wildlife lovers like me who want to lay eyes on the almost extinct Bengal tiger, this wildlife park is the place to be. Exploring the forest through the jeep safari is the best way to site this magnificent animal

When I was at the park, it was very difficult to stay calm and poised. Though I was tempted to go swimming in the Ramganga river, I was cautioned about the ever hungry crocodiles, that was enough to send me far away from the river. The fact that you are not allowed to go inside the park alone or on foot tells us how free the predators are inside the park. The best way to feel the intense jungle and spot the most important animal - tigers, was by indulging in an
elephant safari or jeep safari. The two options serve different purposes and are also delightful in their own fashion. The jeep safari takes you to the interior of the dense jungle but for those who want to experience the roar of tigers from proximity, the best option is the elephant safari. Whatever be the choice, a safari is indeed the best way to enjoy the magical jungle moments in the famous jim corbett national park.

Miles Teg

Private
I will reach the Mount Fuji around 22:00 and prepare for a night ascent. It will take me approximately 7 hours to reach the summit from the 5th station of Yoshida route but once I am on top I will be able to observe the rising of the Sun while on top of Japan’s highest mountain.

This will be the highlight of my visit to most popular national park in Japan – the Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park – and at the same time, highlight of my visit to Japan.

The route up the side of the mountain is well established and traveled by many people over the years but it is not an easy one. I am not alone during the hike. A group of Japanese people are also on the trail and they are amused to see a foreigner hiking with them.

Finally, after 7 hours we are on top. We brew some tea and share it, laughing and enjoying the cold morning air. Then, the first light starts to appear.

In Japan, this moment is called goraiko – arrival of light. We stand in solemn silence. Each of us understands now why the Japan is called the Empire of the Rising Sun.

Kiteryus II

Private
I would love to do vacation at Craingorms National Park in Scotland. It is a national park in northeast Scotland, established in 2003. The Cairngorms National Park covers an area of 4,528 km2 in the council areas of Aberdeenshire, Moray, Higland, Angus and Perth and Kinross. The Cairngorms themselves are a spectacular landscape, similar in appearance to the Hardangervidda National Park of Norway in having a large area of upland plateau. I have to dogs that I love and I love to do great walks with them, and Crainsgorms National Park provides great walks with wonderful scenery.

JerryP

Private
Banff National Park in Alberta Canada is my favorite Canadian park. It offers a host of activities including trailer camping, tenting, and back country, which is my favorite. I live close enough to do day trips as well and is an excellent place to stop for a few days or even weeks if you are traveling. Hot springs, museums, guided tours, wonderful places to eat, and live music are all offered in the townsite. Walking trails take you to some of the most amazing sights you will ever see. Or why not ride a horse for a few days of camping with the best guides one can imagine. Sadly this year is poor as there is so much smoke from forest fires that there is little to see and it can be hard to breath. Plan a trip for early next year and you will not be disappointed. Cheers, and stay safe.

Double335

Private
Being in Canada my national park would be Bruce Peninsula National Park - primarily because of the beauty of it but also the great walking trails.

300Spartans

Private
Kruger National Park (South Africa):

The Kruger National Park has amazing viewing opportunities. All of Africa’s iconic safari species – elephant, lion, leopard, cheetah, rhino, buffalo, giraffe, hippo and zebra – thrive here. It's also huge: Factually, the third largest national park in the world, larger than Belgium or Wales! And it's easily accessible via road or air.
Need I say more?

:)

scallywag

Private
i love to visit The Kruger National Park in South Africa. The vast open spaces are breath taking. Nature is left alone here. Trees are left to grow where seed germinate. Animals are born and animals become dinner for other animals. Nature is left to do its thing. It is the most amazing feeling to come across wild lionesses with their cubs sleeping next to the left over carcass of the meal that was caught earlier in the day, or have a heard of elephants strolling across your way at their leisure. You sit in an open game truck and watch a variety of buck, zebra, kudu and many more animals all drinking together at the watering holes. They are always on their guard for the big cats are never to far away. If you stay in one of the campsites overnight, you wake up to animal calls early in the morning and you watch the sunrise over spectacular natural beauty. You can pick a different direction to drive every day and be guaranteed that you will see something different each day. After exploring all day, you settle down with some good food and friends and watch the sun go down. The sky is gorgeous. The stars look so close you feel like you can pick them out the sky. With no light pollution you see more stars in one night than the average city dweller will see in a lifetime. Around the campfire you share stories of your day with fellow campers. When all that fresh air and excitement has worn you out, you crawl into your accommodation and carefully check your bed for anything that might have crawled in during the day. When it is safe to do so, you crawl into bed and go to sleep with the sound of the bush. That my friends is The Kruger Park - unspoilt natural beauty

Last edited:
I’d love to go to the Tongariro National Park, there I’d complete the Tongariro crossing then complete a 5 day kayak trip down the Whanganui River with some good friends and tasty drinks, fun times. I’d love to take a motorcycle trip through Patagonia also, spending a month or two in the mountains

Ethan Runt

Private
I would love top visit Yellowstone national park. My wife and I visited there about 10 years ago, but did not camp in the park. This time I would love to go and camp in an RV (my wife would not join me if we were to "rough" it in a tent!) The park is amazing with volcanic activity on the west side, and very few animals, while the east side of the park is filled with animals from deer to bison, grizzly bears to chipmunks! Every corner you turn, you have a chance to see a different animal in the most majestic backdrop of mountains, meadows and meandering streams!
One of the mainstays of the park is Old Faithful, a natural geyser that shoots water many hundreds of feet into the air. And it explodes into a magnificent show of natural beauty every few minutes. We were a bit hesitant to go and watch the geyser the first time, but were beholden by the breath taking beauty of this natural phenomenon. The park rangers were amazing and so helpful in guiding you to a great viewing spot. There are also quite a few amenities in the park such as camp stores, restaurants, picnic areas and so on. Of course with Covid 19, it has been impossible to travel to enjoy this wonderful national park as the border between Canada and the United States has been closed. But once it opens, I would love to venture south and take in the wondrous beauty of this national treasure! If you have never been, I urge you to research it and plan a trip to go!!! This would definitely be a mission possible!
Ethan Runt

Draqone

Corporal
The national park I want to visit the most is the Eagle Mountain National Park in Korch.

Seeing as I am in the Progressive Era, the best way to get to it would be to ride a Ford Model T. The lack of a tarmac road leading directly to the park might prove problematic but I do believe the Ford will prove a reliable all terrain form of transport.

The Eagle Mountain National Park is renowned for its geological features as well as it’s flora and fauna. The most interesting to me is its large bald eagle population. It’s those birds that gave the park its name. In other places it’s hard to spot them in the wild but here they are so common you can see them circling the peaks or hunting every day.

The cascading waterfalls in the park are also a known tourist attraction. Over the years they have been immortalised by many painters and recently, with the latest advancements in photography it is also possible to take panoramic photographs saving those views on film - truly, modern technology is a marvel!

The crystal clear streams and lakes of the Eagle Mountain provide ample opportunities to fish and swim. Swimming in the cold waters might be only briefly enjoyable but my wife recently acquired an all too expensive but incredibly fashionable designer maillot style swimsuit. Apparently it is going to be a hit this season so she’ll for sure want to show it off at the lake. While she is busy with that, I’ll probably try to catch a few fish - trout are one of my favourite dishes and there’s no better way to relax than to spend a day fishing!

Aside from its streams and waterfalls, the Eagle Mountain is also known for its rock spires. A unique geological formation, those spires are found only in the Eagle Mountain. Majestically dwarfing the nearby forests, they rise, challenging the sky like a raised fist. Those spires are ideal nesting places for the bald eagles. Eagles build their nests on top, far from any natural predators or pesky tourists.

As excited I am about visiting the park, I am quite worried about the steep entry prices. 200 diamonds for a single entry is rather expensive but I do hope to get a discount if I buy multiple tickets at once. I am sure it’ll be worth it!

gwenders

Private
My favourite national park is the Pembrokeshire coast national park. Established in 1952 this is Britain's only coastal national park and is 186 miles long. Beautiful beaches some busy some secluded 50 in total. Loads of bays and inlets that is home to loads of wildlife including rare sea birds Inc puffins . Hiking the coast path is popular due to the beautiful Pembrokeshire coast path also can kayak and rock climbing for the more energetic. The park covers most of every kind of maritime landscape form limestone cliffs red sandstone bays headland beaches estuaries and flooded glacial valleys. It'll take 10 to 15 days to complete the coat path hike and the ascents and descents is 35000 feet in total. As I live in Milford haven my favourite walk is the Milford to Dale hike, not too strenuous great to take the dog , can sit and rest along the way and take in the stunning scenery. I never tire of it. It stretches from St Dogmaels to Amroth and passes 58 beaches nd 14 harbours. My favourite beach is .new game. After a huge storm one night a pile of stones appeared between the road the the beach. Great walk with the dog after Sunday lunch. The most popular is barafundle bay, a small beach hidden away half mile walk and spectacular scenery and beautiful sandy beach. There are many toirist attractions in the national park inc Dylan Thomas boat house in Laugharne. Tenby is a popular town, it hosts the Iron Man Wales comp and has two gorgeous beaches and Caldey Island which is a religious- Catholic- island. Cistercian monks habit the island and accept visitors . Pembroke castle is a great tourist attraction . An imposing Norman coastal fortress . Pembrokeshire national park is well worth a visit and for the more adventurous the coast path is worth the hike.

My favourite National Park to visit is the newest: the South Downs National Park, which has only been operational for eleven years, although it was on the original list of proposed parks presented in 1929.

Why is it my particular choice? The convenience of it; it is, to a serious hiker, literally walking distance from my front door, although I tend to drive. Further from my home are such picturesque towns as Petersfield, Midhurst, and Lewes, the last being the county town of East Sussex.

It’s not just towns on the Downs, though, as the park also contains several Iron Age hill forts, including the Trundle, Torberry Hill, Chanctonbury Ring and Cissbury Ring, all sites with long histories of folklore.

There are fascinating and usual attractions, such as the Weald and Downland Living Museum, which is frequently used by television producers as a stand-in for every Tudor town from Stratford-upon-Avon to London, and Amberley Museum, a former working chalk pit which featured as the villain’s lair in the James Bond film A View to a Kill.

The Long Man of Wilmington, a figure of uncertain age and Europe’s largest depiction of the human form, is to be found towards the eastern end of the park; unlike another well-known hillside figure not to be found in the South Downs, he is family friendly! Generally thought of as a chalk carving, he is now actually outlined in concrete blocks, which are regularly painted white to keep him visible from afar.

Near the Sussex/Hampshire boundary, but still some distance from the western end of the park, is Kingley Vale, a national nature reserve and Site of Special Scientific Interest, famed for its yew woods, Bronze Age round barrows, and wildlife; the trees are said to come to life at night and take on the form of slain Viking warriors.

So, whether you fancy folklore, architecture, archaeology, history, wildlife, or just the stunning scenery of the chalk hills which are the Downs themselves, this park has something for you, and plenty for me.

Zopyrus.IR

Private
Hi I'm would like to go Mauna Loa.
why? Mauna Loa, one of the largest volcanoes in the world, and Kilauea, one of the most active volcanoes in existence. This park also boasts the largest tract of tropical rainforest in the National Park System, as well as a historic site that is sacred to Native Hawaiians featuring more than 23,000 petroglyphs carved into the lava. Wildlife-watchers will find plenty to enjoy here as well; almost all of Hawaii’s native plants and animals are found nowhere else on Earth.