• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed January Sports Contest

Medrawd

Private
I support Reading FC, a football team in the second tier of the English football pyramid. This is the British definition of football; I appreciate that it is called soccer in the US.

Reading were founded in 1871, making it one of the oldest football clubs in the world, and the oldest in southern England. They were originally named the Biscuitmen because they were founded by workers at a local biscuit factory, but are now nicknamed the Royals in recognition of Berkshire's status as the royal county.

Reading have never been a major force in English football. We won the Berkshire and Buckinghamshire Cup three times, and the Simod Cup once, and those obscure trophies are our lot. We've never managed an FA Cup final appearance. But they are my team, and I cheer them on through thin and even thinner.

And these are particularly thin times for our club, but we will find a way to get through this.

The likes of Manchester United are welcome to their plastic fans. We have a loyal fan base and we will prevail. In a century or two :)

Last edited:

RealFerg

Private
Aberdeen Football Club (Aberdeen, Scotland). They are generally seen as the number 3 team in Scottish soccer after being quite good in the 80s, winning European trophies etc. They've never quite hit those heady heights since, but always good for the city when they have a great result. I like my home comforts too much and generally watch sports from my armchair or the pub with friends. Fingers crossed...thanks.

vfrmark

Master Corporal
Leeds United football team, because I choose them at the age of 6 and you do not change teams once choosen ;)

grandpaE

Private
January Sports Contest

With the Forge Bowl 2022 upon us, we want to know what your favorite sports team or player is, whether you cheer from the stands for your local ultimate frisbee team or you watch from your comfy chair to root on your favorite tennis player or gather with your friends at your local pub to cheer on the hometown football team? Tell us all about who you root for, what sport it is, and why it's them you cheer on.

ForgeBowl.jpg

3 Winners will be randomly chosen to win 400 Footballs for the Forge Bowl Event each!

Rules:
  • 3 winners will be chosen randomly from the entries to win 400 Footballs for the Forge Bowl Event each.
  • Your entry must contain the team or player you root for and the sport they play.
  • Only entries posted on this thread will be counted.
  • Any entry made after the close time will be removed.
  • There is to be only one entry per player, and any player who places more than one entry will be disqualified.
  • All forum rules apply
  • The Community Management Team is the final arbiter of the rules.

The contest will run from January 21 through February 1, 9:00 pm server time.
I follow the KC Chiefs of the NFL online as often as possible.

MightyMyk

Private
Adelaide Crows- AFL (Australian Rules Football). Although I no longer live in my home town or state, they will always be 'in my blood'.

Naranique

Master Corporal
Thank you everyone for all your entries. I see there are some passionate fans of a variety of sports.

The winners will be chosen soon.

Naranique

Master Corporal
Sorry, guys. I thought I had hit post at the time.

The winners are:
Miles Teg
Chuck Yeager
RealFerg

The winners had received their rewards before the event ended.