• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed January Sports Contest

pipo69

Private
Quick-Step Alpha Vinyl - Aka The Wolfpack
Cycling team last year known as Deceuninck – Quick-Step
I cheer for them because it is a perfect example of how with teamwork you can achieve more than alone.

Last year the rider Mark Cavendish was the ultimate example of this. He was almost 'retired' as a cyclist, he could not find a new team after his previous contract was ended. Very little people believed in him since he did not win anymore. Then Patrick Lefevre and the team sponsors gave him a chance. So Mark joined The Wolfpack. And after 3 years he won again. It did not stop with one. The most visible was that he won 4 stages and the green yersee in the Tour the France.

TEAM:

Knights of Nottingham

SPORT:

Jousting/Tournaments

WHY I CHEER THEM ON:

Because they've been around a long time, have twice been World Champions and are incredibly entertaining to watch.

Because I usually find most types of sport boring to watch unless I am also participating but jousting requires a formidible diversity of strengths, skills and intelligence plus great showmanship which keeps it interesting.

Because when done competitively the action is fast, hard, loud, chaotic, and can turn at any moment. No one crys foul, pretending to be hurt just to gain time or an advantage and, for the most part, honour and chivalry prevails.

Because the clothing of the combatants (including the horses) puts all other sport strips to shame, being usually handmade, historically accurate and opulent. The equipment used is beautiful and wonderfully crafted as well as functional.

Because the the surroundings you watch it in feel good. Audiences are noisy and good-naturedly partisan and often get into the spirit by dressing up themselves. Tourney Grounds tend to be built with an abundance of wood, metal and cloth and a decided absence of plastic, with nature featuring heavily in the surrounding scenery. An afternoon in such an environment is always relaxing and good for the soul despite the intensity of the Tournament.

Because being able to go to a Tournament is a rare treat, not a regular thing, and is therefore always special and exciting.

Because medieval history, traditional crafts, big horses, the countryside, historical costume and men with long hair and good legs are a few of my favourite things. So, on a purely personal note, I can't think of anything more fun than watching a lot of lean but well muscled long-haired men with ornate armour and very tight trousers, riding big powerful horses and hitting each other with handcrafted weaponry against a backdrop of green fields and trees (and, occasionally, a castle.) ::p

Last edited:
Favorite sport/football
Favorite team/ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
I have lived in Florida since before the bucs were made a team and I have been a fan since the beginning and Tom Brady joining them has made them awesome to watch from my living room with and without friends
"RAISE THE FLAGS!!!!!"

punita

Corporal
I cheer from Rohit Sharma from the Indian Cricket team. I cheer for him because he is quite talented and scores an amazing run.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, Rugby League. First sports team I followed as a kid. Went to all the home game. This year we will win the title. Go the Sea Eagles.

Metallian

Private
Liverpool Football Club, English Premier League Soccer. I cheer when I watch the games on TV for the most part. Been a Liverpool supporter since a very young age through all the highs and lows, wins and losses. I'm an old guy now! It's always been the working mans grass roots premier football club, which reflects my personality and I've always loved soccer. That's why I like them!

Calyps0

Private
Favorite team is FC Bayern München , Thomas Müller - love the way they play football, been a fan forever, and Thomas is dedicated.

Novak Djoković (Tennis), he is the number one player in the world, since I was little I was rooting for him. It so sad what happened to him in Australia. I know that he such a good person he helped so many people in Serbia and around the world.

I like football team- levski Spartak - This is the greatest football team-in Bulgaria . I like them because all players given everything to be good players and everyone show the best skills and respect the fans.
Goo Levski gooo!!!!!