• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

I've created a 'Goods Status' spreadsheet for downloading

DeletedUser

Note: Always go to the last posts in the thread to get the updated software.
It provides at a glance knowledge of goods required per age, and per completing the game, AND surpluses, that can be traded.

One merely has to update current stocks (say from the trade screen) and goods paid per age.

For each age, the total goods required are stated...... so if you've cleared that age, simply enter the stated sum.

It allows the user to plan ahead, knowing when to delete a production unit.

Because it scrolls nicely within the x,y labels, the window can be shrunk, so you can see your goods inventory, and directly update the goods data.

It's password protected by 'FoE' - it's in the filename so you can't forget, if you want to modify it.
It's protected so that you can only enter 'current stock' and 'paid goods'.

It works very nicely.

There might be errors in the 'goods per age' figures, as I did it all in one go, adding the different goods totals.
However, it might be perfect :)

Here's the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9HHPLN8L5MxSzRfbWVRZXVldlk/view?usp=sharing

Look for the download icon at the top of the screen.

Any comments/questions would be interesting.
Hopefully it is self explanatory....... but it always is, to the designer :rolleyes:

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser914

There might be errors in the 'goods per age' figures, as I did it all in one go, adding the different goods totals.
However, it might be perfect :)

If there are errors inside I don't even want to look at it.

DeletedUser

If there are errors inside I don't even want to look at it.

There is always the possibility of errors..... particularly when something has been programmed in one straight run.
The data entry was a real bind, because I had to keep looking at the tree.

However, with the programming and construction work done....... anybody can independently count the goods per age, write them down, and post them here.
(It is easy to simply change the numbers, but why not post them here ;) ).

Of course, I may have entered the goods numbers correctly ( :) )...... but that's the problem........ who knows, without somebody else counting the goods, to cross-check the stated amounts.

Unless there is already a goods reference that is up to date?

Anyway, just have a look and see if it's useful..... somebody might volunteer to peer review my data input :D

DeletedUser

Updated with corrected data

Okay guys,
Here's the corrected file:

As expected, there were some data input errors.

By building a cross-check sheet..... wherever there were discrepancies, I could look into it and make corrections.
Feasibly there could be errors, but it is not so likely.

I'll upload the cross check sheet, then at some point, I'll combine the two, so if the developers make any changes, it will be easy to update those changes.

DeletedUser

Here is the latest 'Goods Required' software:

It's now in v2.0 format.
All goods payments are now listed (scroll right).

Any technology payments are still made in the 'Paid' column - so you still need to add the payment sum to the amount already paid.
It's simple arithmetic ;)

I suppose I could mod it, so that individual payments could be 'clicked' to show paid.
Either way, it is working well, and makes 'trading' a breeze.

Just shrink the browser window and the spreadsheet window so that they are side by side
You see exactly what you need per item, per age, and to complete the game.

No more constant loading of the technology and trading screens...... just set up your trades for the exact amounts you require.

It makes the game so much more pleasurable :)

DeletedUser105544

Well done. As you said - very useful thing for many players. Helps to calculate production, to improve efficiency, and to make better city plan for next eras. I used too make something like that in Excell, for every new age I enter but deleted them after use. Now I see that it could be very useful for many players.
Good work.

DeletedUser

Well done. As you said - very useful thing for many players. Helps to calculate production, to improve efficiency, and to make better city plan for next eras. I used too make something like that in Excell, for every new age I enter but deleted them after use. Now I see that it could be very useful for many players.
Good work.

Thanks for that positive comment.
I'm really pleased that the effort is paying off for others.

Window memory is a great bonus.
Excel opens same size and position, and the browser shrinks to same size and position.
It means that the interface is almost seamless.

I don't think I could now play the game without it. :)

DeletedUser105176

Seems like a good idea but it's not that useful without the province goods involved as well, at least for me.

I appreciate some people beg, steal or fight for them but it'd be nice to have a separate column for negotiating.

DeletedUser

Seems like a good idea but it's not that useful without the province goods involved as well, at least for me.

I appreciate some people beg, steal or fight for them but it'd be nice to have a separate column for negotiating.

Yes, you could be right.
I had briefly considered this, but had discarded the thought, on the grounds that 'negotiating goods' can't be planned for.

However, as you raise this point...... perhaps a column next to 'End of Use' could be added: 'Negotiation fund', though I believe it would have to be cumulative; which might get messy.

I'll have to think about it a bit more, but because there are no predefined payments per age, there cannot be any payment references (you can't even look back).

Hmmmmm! :)

DeletedUser

Will you be adding Tomorrow and Future ages to the spreadsheet? Just wanna say you done a hell of a job here :)

DeletedUser5180

i appreciate there has been lots of work put into this but think it overcomplicates things and is of no benefit to those that either negotiate all the time or even occasionally on the map.

if a player builds a great building then it renders the whole thing pointless also

DeletedUser108326

I would love to use this.
I am using excel 2003, is it possible to load it into a worksheet to run on excel 2003?

DeletedUser108326

I'll have to think about it a bit more, but because there are no predefined payments per age, there cannot be any payment references (you can't even look back).

Hmmmmm! :)

Is there a point when certain items are no longer used in the provinces?
is there a list somewhere of what items are needed for every province?
I have kept a list of the provinces I have conquered (or negotiated) but of course, this doesn't allow me to plan for the future.
I have two worlds running and the negotiated supplies required are the same for both, though the goods deposits differ.
A list similar to the spreadsheet here would be useful.

DeletedUser108240

If you negotiate yore provinces you are (by the definition of the 'top players') not a top player. You should conquer your provinces by fighting ;-))

Then you should raid and plunder the players in your neighborhood until everyone in it leave the game leaving you as the undisputed 'King of the Hill'. Dont worry, the neighborhoods are shuffled regularly to give you new players to drive off ;-)).

For a long time I thought this was a social/building/trading game. The intricate tech-tree, the trading, the ccommunity building in guilds, all point in that direction. But the more I learn of it, the clearer it becomes that "This Is A War Game".

- Did you know that the opponents you defeat and plunder in tournaments are other players from your neighborhood ?
- Did you know that Attacking Army can be boosted 225% from GBs while Defending Army can only be boosted 150% that way ?

FoE is intentionally designed and implemented to be a war game. It may not have been the intention in its early days but by now it is pretty unmistakable. Many games go that way, I wonder why ?-))

love Villow

DeletedUser108326

I stopped fighting when I tried to defeat a sector of todespass with a far superior army including troops I had picked up as prizes, I kept away from the hills as the todespass army was better in the hills. I lost all eight troops with my opponent losing two. The ones I had won as prizes gone for aver.
Before anyone points it out I have already lost 2000 coins infiltrating each sector.
I have a few neighbours who keep attacking me, they usually fail but when they succeed they swap a badly mauled army for the contents of one house. My army is replenished for nothing. After they have attacked a few times they get a message from me pointing this out, most of them haven't attacked again.
I don't agree it is primarily about wars.
None of this answered my earlier questions?

DeletedUser107476

I stopped fighting when I tried to defeat a sector of todespass with a far superior army including troops I had picked up as prizes, I kept away from the hills as the todespass army was better in the hills. I lost all eight troops with my opponent losing two. The ones I had won as prizes gone for aver.
Before anyone points it out I have already lost 2000 coins infiltrating each sector.
I have a few neighbours who keep attacking me, they usually fail but when they succeed they swap a badly mauled army for the contents of one house. My army is replenished for nothing. After they have attacked a few times they get a message from me pointing this out, most of them haven't attacked again.
I don't agree it is primarily about wars.
None of this answered my earlier questions?
Guessing you made the mistake of not reading the information on troops you were facing. I have beaten all of Todepass with nothing but ballista. Everytime you kill one of the barbarians the others get stronger. You need to shoot them all on first turn. On second shoot them from most health left to least. On third turn kill them. Move ballista into corners whilst doing this.

DeletedUser2989

Is there a point when certain items are no longer used in the provinces?
is there a list somewhere of what items are needed for every province?
I have kept a list of the provinces I have conquered (or negotiated) but of course, this doesn't allow me to plan for the future.
I have two worlds running and the negotiated supplies required are the same for both, though the goods deposits differ.
A list similar to the spreadsheet here would be useful.

The goods used for negotiating provinces are usually either completely from the age of the province or a bit of a mix from the age of the province and the previous one or two. So by the time you get to the HMA provinces you won't need BA goods to negotiate (pretty sure you wouldn't need IA but not 100% sure).
There was 2 lists started but they aren't complete:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/province-guide.26680/
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/sector-negotiations.6530/