• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

It Traz worth keeping?

Dead-Eye

General
I have mine at LV 100 and have over 40k rouge and 10k current age units and won't be leaving OF anytime soon so I feel I have more than enough. Thing is, the game has offered up good ways to amass units, I get 5 a day from the town hall and the Egyptian building gives me 10. Plus 24 units weekly from GE and 4 per day from the purple chests.

So question is, do you think Traz is worth keeping around these days or a big 70 tile waste of space?

Andrew420

Major
I have mine at LV 100 and have over 40k rouge and 10k current age units and won't be leaving OF anytime soon so I feel I have more than enough. Thing is, the game has offered up good ways to amass units, I get 5 a day from the town hall and the Egyptian building gives me 10. Plus 24 units weekly from GE and 4 per day from the purple chests.
50k unattached troops ?
Sounds as if you either dont fight or your att/def is so high you dont get many casualties
Either way I would say that your traz is wasting space
Mine not so much

Dead-Eye

General
1175 attack and 980 defence on OF. I do all my fighting with eels. They seem to work best. I will go to SAM next and figure I will fight SAM with leftover OF units while accumulating new units. I won't much care if I loose them.

Emberguard

Legend
That all depends on whether the troops gained outside of your Alcatraz is greater than the troops that die in battle

I actually built and raised up a city without a Alcatraz. Found that up until Arctic Future (where it's currently sitting) it was incredibly difficult to run out of troops. Just kept gaining more of them due to Guild Battlegrounds. Now I'm in a Age where it's much harder to retain troops, but still managing.

Main benefit to Alcatraz is being able to choose what troops you're producing to fit your age. So if you really wanted to keep producing one specific unit, but don't have any random unit production buildings for that age..... then Alcatraz would be able to serve that purpose.

But yes, if you're not doing GvG, then you can certainly get your city to a point where the Alcatraz is a waste of space. If either of us were doing GvG, then those troops would likely be eaten up quite quickly in defending army slots. If Inno were to ever introduce something new or increase difficulty, there's always the possibility we may be wanting a Alcatraz further down the line. But under current gameplay it is more than doable to not have a Alcatraz if you're doing Guild Battlegrounds but not GvG