• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Issue spending Forge Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Dawn

Private
I'm getting a peiodic issue with spending forge points in swap threads on my windows PC browser version.
Every so often I go to the thread and even though I have plenty of points, they show as greyed out and I cannot use them.
If i pick up my phone and switch to the mobile version all is fine.
It is happening more and more often.

1589536100022.png

Attachments

• 1589535971413.png
    1589535971413.png
    3 MB · Views: 106
It looks like the great building has been disconnected from a road so donations cannot be made. This is usually to stop snipers but if it's on PC only that's a bit odd

Little Dawn

Private
If anyone from Inno is reading or bothered. This is a bug with the Firefox browser. Have switched to Chrome as it doesnt happen there. Would be nice if you bothered to investigate or heaven forbid fix it though?

That is probably a network connection problem. The screen has sent a request to the server (to confirm the FP you have, etc.) and is waiting for a response. Normally, you don't see it because by the time the screen has opened, the communications have happened.

It will show on Firefox more than Chrome because of the different queuing methods they use: Firefox is marginally more secure while Chrome appears to be faster, sometimes too fast.

Closing the screen and trying again, even immediately, often will work. However, if I'm right, your internet connection needs to be improved.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Desktop and Mobile are two very different beasts – I do not use Mobile very often, but when I do it always run.
I´m on a Mac, but FireFox certainly has been my preffered FoE browser for the, at least, last 4 years – Chrome runs FoE in a somewhat clumpsy way.
But you can always try to empty the browser cache and clean up Cookies thus updating the brower – if you do not already do that on a regular basis
- Then at least you know it is not that, but either the connection speed (as suggested by Prinza above) or something else.
But I would try out FireFox and see if the experience is better and if that bug sitll occurs.

syjytg

Master Corporal
That is probably a network connection problem. The screen has sent a request to the server (to confirm the FP you have, etc.) and is waiting for a response. Normally, you don't see it because by the time the screen has opened, the communications have happened.

It will show on Firefox more than Chrome because of the different queuing methods they use: Firefox is marginally more secure while Chrome appears to be faster, sometimes too fast.

Closing the screen and trying again, even immediately, often will work. However, if I'm right, your internet connection needs to be improved.

So are you saying his mobile internet is better? :)

Agent327

Overlord
What proof do you have to prove your statement that "Nobody from INNO is reading here" or is that just an uneducated guess and a troll?

Just a troll educating idiots.

Mods reading and answering here are all volunteers that do not work for Inno. They are players just like you. Same goes for ingame Support. Only Inno employee sometimes visiting the forums is the CM and that is mostly for announcements and feedback, not the bugs section. CM isn't a dev anyhow. Only place where devs participate is the beta forum.

Reporting a bug to ingame Support gives you a much better chance it will be forwarded to the devs than it has here. On this forum it will just bleed to dead.

You want proof? Just look at the number of threads in this section. They are not in the Confirmed section.

DeletedUser

Just a troll educating idiots.

Mods reading and answering here are all volunteers that do not work for Inno. They are players just like you. Same goes for ingame Support. Only Inno employee sometimes visiting the forums is the CM and that is mostly for announcements and feedback, not the bugs section. CM isn't a dev anyhow. Only place where devs participate is the beta forum.

Reporting a bug to ingame Support gives you a much better chance it will be forwarded to the devs than it has here. On this forum it will just bleed to dead.

You want proof? Just look at the number of threads in this section. They are not in the Confirmed section.
You can't know who is payed and how is payed - other than that the number of threads are too much for a human to read, but do humans do the donkey work on 2020 ?
Totally Agree that a Ticket to support will make things easier for both sides

Little Dawn

Private
I have a high speed business broadband (fibre), so it has nothing to do with my feed.
It started to happen gradually and became so common I had to abandon Firefox as my FoE browser of choice and am now using it with no issues on Chrome.
I had some other issues too/ For example some graphics (metro entrance for example ) stopped showing.
Very odd. But 100% game and Firefox and nothing to do with my internet supply.

So I've not found a way to post an official ticket. Can someone tell me how?

Status
Not open for further replies.