• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is there confirmation that there will actually be an era after CE?

DeletedUser

I checked the server that cannot be named, nothing there. I just want to know if inno has actually confirmed that there will be a new era ("Tomorrow"). Inno doesn't exactly have a good track record of doing new features.

And please do not tell me not to discuss this or not to ask or whatever, I am not looking for anything but confirmation that this new era is being looked at. Not asking for spoilers, not discussing that other server, not asking for a release date, just want to know if inno has confirmed that it will at some point be released. Just because it's listed at the end of the tech tree doesn't mean anything.

DeletedUser99363

Of caorse there are at least 2 era's to go and Tomorrow will be out by march or sooner by guess, typically each new era is about every 5 months or so.

Why 2 more you ask, becuase that is what it takes to reveal the rest of the world map to explore and also GvsG (australia) only has 2 more era's to go as well, so it's pretty easy to determine.
Also my guess is there anythign after 2 more era's i highly doubt it, maybe extra features and stuff here an there but major era's no, this is why Elvanar is being introduced, similar game different characters, will there be an FOE 2 like Tribal who' knows but this game is comming ot an end, If GvsG is not changed to allow fighting like it should be it might end sooner rather then later.
just my 2 cents

DeletedUser15432

From dates and regular updates I would say that the next ERA/Age will arrive either sometime in the middle of March or sometime in mid April bearing in mind that you have St Valentines day on 14th February and Easter is at the beginning of April this year

DeletedUser96901

every ten updates there is a new era
1.17 modern era
1.27 postmodern era
1.37 contemporary era
1.47 tomorrow ???

btw: when does update 1.42 come ?
1.41 was on December 10th

DeletedUser5180

i would also say i think there are 2 more era's to come judging ny the map.

As there are 28 (think i've counted correct) expansions still to place to maximise city space, then there is either more than the usual 8 available within the 2 eras, more than 2 eras or some extra content after the 2 eras are completed.

DeletedUser96901

have you watched the last InnoGames video ?
it shows how they made one building of tomorrow

so only 4 updates after the last era asking if there will be one more is a little bit early
1.37 CE, we are now playing 1.41

DeletedUser5180

i think we will have update 1.42 next Wednesday (21st)

that means 1.47 would be 1st April but Easter Weekend is 3rd - 6th April. so I think it would be delayed till after then as no update takes place during Easter Event due to it involving the neighbourhoods.

If there are only 2 eras left then there will be no great rush in INNO's eyes to release it.?

DeletedUser

So in other words, no, there is no official confirmation that there will be a new era.
Test Ament, I heard about the video after I posted this thread, but I refuse to take that as confirmation. I joined a year ago in December and right from the beginning there has been a "gift" option, but it's never been something we can use. By that logic (and all the other times inno has said 'it's coming!' only for players to still be waiting) some sneak peak of a building isn't proof of anything.

The fact that it's premature is exactly why I am asking, a lot of big players apparently have gone into 'lets prepare for tomorrow mode!' which has nearly destroyed what little GvG there was. At least if we had confirmation that it was going to, at some point, happen it would make sense to try to prepare for the new era now.

Akbhoy, "judging by the map" is the same logic as assuming there will be some way to use the gift option from our inventories, just because it's there doesn't mean inno is actually planning on doing anything with it. I guess if no mod can provide us with something from inno the only real option is to troll the server that cannot be named and wait.

DeletedUser

I would be very surprised if they stopped releasing Era's as that will most definitely kill the game totally! I for one would have no reason to hang about if there is nothing to progress to. I heard something a way back regarding the future and making it futuristic taking it way beyond the current times, if that's the case then maps would turn into worlds and so fourth, so you can't really rely on what can be revealed on the map to what can be released.

With regards to the expansions, again, this can always be expanded to accommodate more ages, but with the massive number of players I would be very very surprised if they stopped releasing the ages and just updated the game in different ways. Like I said if they did stop releasing new ages what incentive do players have to carry on? GvG? Remember not everyone plays GvG, I would be surprised if actually 25% of the global players actually participated in the battles. So with that being the case FoE would lose a massive customer base for which I really don't think they would do, new game or not. The suggestion of an FoE 2 would be crazy and pointless in my opinion.

But hey it's INNO's game and their customers, so who knows, I guess we will find out by next year.

Dread