• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is it possible to kill a troop in 1 shot

Major Spank

Private
I find when FoE gives percentages for killing it will only allow 9-9 for a unit sometimes, whether it is 250% def or 100% def. I am currently 1150/306 att/def but still cant kill in 1 shot without critical hit or other boosts. I understand all troops bonus and terrain variations and it doesnt add up.
Can some one please explain as my last 200% attack seems to have achieved nearly nothing. Am I wasting my time adding more attack as of this point ????

DeletedUser96901

yes one shot kills are possible
when the attack value of the attacker is 10 times greater than the defense value of the defender it can happen: 9-10 damage
when the attack value is 20 times greater it will be a sure kill: 10 damage

(I am talking about the attack value including boosts and bonus like terrain. not the attack boost percentage)

let's take your 1150%
makes a steel warden having 5000 attack value + 250 against fast
can kill a sentinal without boost: that has 450. so attack it is more than 10 times but less than 20. so it is a can kill but not a sure kill
but if the sentinal has 20% defense boost you will not be able to kill it with one shot because it is then 540 defense value. and 5250 is less than 10 times 540

(always without special increasing like 20% or AO)

against low age units you will have many one shot kills

Last edited by a moderator:

Major Spank

Private
Thankyou for that reply, need 2k attack it seems to sort them pesky enemies.
First answer I have had that makes some sense that I can actually have a number to aim at in the future

It does depend who/what you are fighting.

My attack boost is a tiny 284% but on the map and GE my OF troops regularly kill AF with one hit

Moobarak

Private
Almost all Space Age Mars units have a good chance of oneshotting opponents, but rocket troops from the VF will occasionally do it as well.

How on eartth can you waste coins??? Not like you can not get them more than enough.
I have more than enough :)

Really should convert them to fp.

Why is it G instead on B anyway? - I remember it being discussed once but can't remember the reasoning behind it.

DeletedUser96901

Almost all Space Age Mars units have a good chance of oneshotting opponents, but rocket troops from the VF will occasionally do it as well.
sure
with double damage it is easy to kill an opponent with one shot
(and the almost is the 5 regular units but not the champion)

and a rocket troop can't kill a normal enemy with one shot (only low age units)
but 8 of them can kill all opponents in the first round before they make their first move