• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is it a coincidence or not, or pure luck of the draw ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser114563
  • Start date
@Agent327 server speed can result in incorrect results.

I work at a restaurant and what we found was a slow server changed a determined value of price to a completely random value both in the invoice sent to the customer and the money actually taken (so for example the price might have been $50 but the invoice said $70 and we received $45).

No matter what we did with the coding we couldn't find any bugs. Once we upgraded the servers to a better connection the problem fixed itself

So server speed can effect results from incomplete data being sent. How it'd effect a random result I don't know. More random perhaps?

It's certainly nothing that the coding itself would be trying to do but some of the game servers definitely run better on my machine then others.

I can guarantee you speed has nothing to do with proper coding of producing invoices - That has to be the worst excuse ever given for why someone's system doesn't function properly. The only way for the scenario to occur as you have stated it is that the data being sent is NOT sent as a package of data but rather as pieces of data thru multiple calls to the server.

Because your guys couldn't find the "Bug", it's because it's working exactly as designed - but the design is Wrong!

DeletedUser112892

I agree with TheKingofKool.
Speed of server has nothing to do with it.
It is just something like placebo effect, as you really don't know which reward will it land on.

DeletedUser114563

What I've noticed is that sometimes the wheel jerks or seems to be going backwards ( an optical illusion I guess ) so obviously it's not that easy to explain after all why I'm getting more "Sunken treasures" in Arvahall then anywhere else, there seems to be a lot of variables that might cause this.

Agent327

Overlord
What I've noticed is that sometimes the wheel jerks or seems to be going backwards ( an optical illusion I guess ) so obviously it's not that easy to explain after all why I'm getting more "Sunken treasures" in Arvahall then anywhere else, there seems to be a lot of variables that might cause this.

You really don't get it don't you?

That wheel has no influence at all on the prize you get.

DeletedUser112892

You really don't get it don't you?

That wheel has no influence at all on the prize you get.
Of course, at the moment you press one of two spinning buttons, reward you will get is already set.
Stopping the wheel doesn't do anything, just give you fake expection. You will think that stopping the wheel before it actually stops by itself actually resulted in it stopping at the reward you got, but reward you will get was actually determined at the moment you pressed "Spin" or "Refresh and spin" button.

Agent327

Overlord
Of course, at the moment you press one of two spinning buttons, reward you will get is already set.
Stopping the wheel doesn't do anything, just give you fake expection. You will think that stopping the wheel before it actually stops by itself actually resulted in it stopping at the reward you got, but reward you will get was actually determined at the moment you pressed "Spin" or "Refresh and spin" button.

Only reason you can stop the wheel, is so you do not have to keep watching till the end. Still there are people that think they can stop it on the prize they want.

Da !!

DeletedUser114563

For the one with the most pathetic story about the restaurant, all 14 Sunken Treasures where taken by stopping the wheel exactly in the prize I wanted by a simple way ( which I'm not going to say it otherwise I'll be bombarded with stupid replies ) of stopping the wheel at the right place.

But then again it's not about the spinning wheel but how the Sunken Treasures appear on the spinning wheel, that is what this topic is about.

DeletedUser112892

For the one with the most pathetic story about the restaurant, all 14 Sunken Treasures where taken by stopping the wheel exactly in the prize I wanted by a simple way ( which I'm not going to say it otherwise I'll be bombarded with stupid replies ) of stopping the wheel at the right the right place.

But then again it's not about the spinning wheel but how the Sunken Treasures appear on the spinning wheel, that is what this topic is about.
I have not clicked "Stop" any time and I won 5 SoKs, 4 Royal Selection Kits, 2 Pirate Selection Kits and 1 Sunken Treasure with 25 Doubloons.
"Stop at the right time" theory falls in water.

DeletedUser114563

It works like a dream :)

Had 3 *****s refreshing the wheels in 3 of my worlds this morning, each with a Sunken Treasure in them, I just wanted to scream. One was in Brisgard where it was the first time I've seen one since the beginning of the quest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
For the one with the most pathetic story about the restaurant, all 14 Sunken Treasures where taken by stopping the wheel exactly in the prize I wanted by a simple way ( which I'm not going to say it otherwise I'll be bombarded with stupid replies ) of stopping the wheel at the right place.

BTW the game on Houndsmoor registered the result as completing a quest to gather supplies before the wheel even started spinning. Landed on 30k supplies and needed less then that.

The "pathetic story" was a theory as to what could effect the result when the server sends info as that would have to occur before the wheel spins. Nice to know there's a way of coding that would be able to prevent such a problem though, that'll be a great help for if the problem ever occurs again.

Agent327

Overlord

You are really funny. I can see you sitting there, following that wheel like a cat following a laserpen and stopping it on the right moment, full of joy you did.

If you do not believe me go ask Support, or maybe a mod can wake you up out of your dream. Wait, here you got your answer as well.

BTW the game on Houndsmoor registered the result as completing a quest to gather supplies before the wheel even started spinning. Landed on 30k supplies and needed less then that.

Please let us know how stupid you feel now :P

That is random.

Da !!

DeletedUser114563

I broke the spell in Brisgard, I got a Sunken Treasure just in 2 spins, yippee :)

DeletedUser112892

That is random.
Da !!
Don't bother anymore ;)
Let him think it is not about RNG and that wheel can be stopped immediately at the prize you want :)
------
Inno isn't that crazy, they surely won't let you choose reward on the first try.

DeletedUser114563

IT TOOK ME 2 SPINS TO LAND ON THE SUNKEN TREASURE.
( First one was out by 1 )

I do get it sometimes on the first spin. :)

DeletedUser112892

IT TOOK ME 2 SPINS TO LAND ON THE SUNKEN TREASURE.
( First one was 1 out )
It took me 2 spins to land on SoK too without stopping the wheel. This is my luckiest event, while yet, I didn't stop the wheel by myself at any time.

DeletedUser112892

*** Notice ***
( for those who can't read so well )
I do get it sometimes on the first spin. :)
I read your post well, I just told that you are extremely lucky, same as me, as I never won more than 3 SoKs in a single event, while I expect at least 3 more SoKs in this event, judging by my current luck :)

DeletedUser114563

( Agent327 ) "us ignorant fools"
about time, from the horse's mouth.

stated previously
( which I'm not going to say it otherwise I'll be bombarded with stupid replies )

NO MORE REPLIES
like some one told me, don't feed the trolls