• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is it a coincidence or not, or pure luck of the draw ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser114563
  • Start date

DeletedUser114563

Sunken Treasures
I've managed to snatch up to now :

16 in Arvahall
12 in Houndsmoor
presumably both in same server

05 in Brisgard
04 in Dinegu
presumably both in same server

First server occurring 3.1 times more frequent then second one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser114563

Da !
First lot occurring 4,5 times more frequent then second lot.
Nothing to do with the starting of the spinning wheel.
Please read properly otherwise you're killing this post with silly replies :(
Goodbye.

rjs66

Lieutenant
your data sample is way too small to be meaningful

the wheel will be using some sort of random number generation and a percentage probability of something appearing on the wheel based on that number

you will need at least 1 million spins of the wheel to get any kind of meaningful statistical information from the results

joesoap

Major-General
you are lucky, over 5 worlds i haven't even seen a sunken treasure on any wheel yet, same with wishing wells, they haven't appeared on 4 of those worlds either

DeletedUser114563

Thank U rjs66 for an intelligent reply :)
I'm always getting diamonds in these two worlds, scarcely diamonds in my other two worlds. With the quest with the apples got tons of 5 apples and ( I think they were ) 10 apples also here in these two worlds, but scarcely the 5 or 10 apples in my other 2 worlds. This has been happening over the last 4 years.
Now the sunken treasures too !

DeletedUser114563

I don't know the mechanics of a random number generator. I was working for a life assurance company and maintaining Delphi 3 programs, the main program with over a million lines of code ( who actually counted the lines only God knows ) I was told that by my predecessor. All values we got were solid values nothing random, so what I suspect it might have to do with the servers speeds, they might differ between my 2 groups of worlds affection the output of the random number generator and thus my luck in these two worlds and my bad luck in the other two worlds.

Emberguard

Legend
@cfpedro I do tend to call Houndsmoor my "lucky world" because I find of all the worlds I'm in Houndsmoor tends to get the best luck in random events

It's still random of course, maybe it's server speeds, maybe it's coincidence. It's certainly not a big enough difference for me to worry about it too much

DeletedUser114563

Mine is Arvahall which runs with Houndsmoor as a group ( they share the diamonds ).

Agent327

Overlord
I don't know the mechanics of a random number generator. I was working for a life assurance company and maintaining Delphi 3 programs, the main program with over a million lines of code ( who actually counted the lines only God knows ) I was told that by my predecessor. All values we got were solid values nothing random, so what I suspect it might have to do with the servers speeds, they might differ between my 2 groups of worlds affection the output of the random number generator and thus my luck in these two worlds and my bad luck in the other two worlds.

Really???? Server speed????

Definition of
Random
Without order. Not able to be predicted. Happening by chance.

Speed has nothiong to do with it!!! No matter what speed you use, result is RANDOM!!

Emberguard

Legend
@Agent327 server speed can result in incorrect results.

I work at a restaurant and what we found was a slow server changed a determined value of price to a completely random value both in the invoice sent to the customer and the money actually taken (so for example the price might have been $50 but the invoice said $70 and we received $45).

No matter what we did with the coding we couldn't find any bugs. Once we upgraded the servers to a better connection the problem fixed itself

So server speed can effect results from incomplete data being sent. How it'd effect a random result I don't know. More random perhaps?

It's certainly nothing that the coding itself would be trying to do but some of the game servers definitely run better on my machine then others.

Emberguard

Legend
If each world is in it's own server then it could be that a specific world has better speeds then another due to the amount of players and how much data/progress has been stored

Certainly when it comes to world maintenance it seems they're able to maintain one at a time from what I can tell when trying to access worlds, which could indicate individual servers

Agent327

Overlord
If each world is in it's own server then it could be that a specific world has better speeds then another due to the amount of players and how much data/progress has been stored

Certainly when it comes to world maintenance it seems they're able to maintain one at a time from what I can tell when trying to access worlds, which could indicate individual servers

It doesn't matter one little bit. In your restaurant you had a fixed result that changed because of server speed. Here is the result not fixed, but random, so it can not change.

That wheel turning is only a visual effect.

DeletedUser111359

Mine is Arvahaal which runs with Houndsmoor as a group ( they share the diamonds ).

All EN based worlds "share" diamonds. You only get a separate pool of diamonds on a completely different set of servers(I think), which are broken up by language basically. EN worlds are the English/NonAmerican worlds. Designated by a little British flag in the corner of the app(maybe just on the pick a world/login screens)

DeletedUser114563

Well LAB21 that might explain my theory, thank you a lot for this very usefull info.

Agent327

Overlord
In Tribal Wars each world is set at a different speed (you'll probably only notice with the growth of barbarian villages)
FOE is probably the same with certain things, the events may use Pseudorandom numbers, instead of "true" random numbers...that's why the wheel might spin differently & stop differently, if the seed value in known then you would be able to get any prize you want, but that too could be changed (known, if you notice a wheel change)
In 1 world I was able to get EVERYTHING I wanted in just 1 spin - then 1 day the behavior of the wheel changed...

There is no wheel spinning. It is just a visual effect.