• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is hacking common in FOE?

DeletedUser96790

I`m making a video about all the possible methods on how to get diamonds in the game. Wanted to warn people not to get tempted by offers made by hacks (infinite diamonds, coins, supplies). Simply because it`s not the way to play.
And I was wondering - how often people actually use hacks in the game and how often they get banned?

DeletedUser

I`m making a video about all the possible methods on how to get diamonds in the game. Wanted to warn people not to get tempted by offers made by hacks (infinite diamonds, coins, supplies). Simply because it`s not the way to play.
And I was wondering - how often people actually use hacks in the game and how often they get banned?
yeah, and how would they get caught ?

DeletedUser96790

yeah, and how would they get caught ?

Different games have different anti cheat systems. And I have no idea if FOE has one. Just curious, how common hacking is in FOE and do game developers try to catch them. My guess would be yes.

DeletedUser12400

Just wanted to let you know you're doing great job. There is simply no legitimate and real way to add gold, diamonds of supplies to your Forge of Empires account. Any generator, hack or tools that is advertised is fake and used to scam people into filling in surveys, giving their login data or downloading viruses. This kind of game hack is impossible, since all important account data for your FoE is processed on the InnoGames game server and not on your device or computer app. The only way to change the data would be to actually hack into the game servers, which is not only highly illegal, which can get you to prison, but is also incredibly difficult to impossible. So unless you know a game admin at Forge of Empires, you wont get unlimited diamonds.

DeletedUser110433

FoE is an old game. Yes there have been exploits of getting diamonds by doing loop quests, and there have been other options. As far as i know all known exploits have been handled and shut down, so any manual to these abuses are outdated. Diamond farming is the only legit possible way, since it actually does not breach rules, this implies playing multiple worlds, and all secondary worlds are beefed up with wishing wells, since 1 well gives diamonds once per 100 days it is not that efficient, plus you have to actually GET wishing well to start this.
As to hacks, game developing standards have gone up over the years, so tweaking data transfer is almost impossible for two reasons: the information goes trough validation, and each change is recorded in log file. Although log files are not kept for long, significant changes in a single person can be noticed (just like with multi profiling, giving FPs to GBs).
Another type of hack is server hack. Ok, this one is VERY illegal, usually there is extremely high level of protection for the system, taking head on is near impossible, so better angle is going for human error, looking for a back door. Theoretically it`s possible, but in reality hackers of such level have more fun from programming and hacking, than gaming, so they won`t come for free diamonds. Worse case any server can have is a total wipe-out of all the data. Building code and system takes time, and even deleting one server could permanently cripple the game.
In theory, yes, any on-line digital system can be hacked, but modern standards are high, and if Inno were not up to this challenge, than we would not be discussing this today. :D

DeletedUser96790

Just wanted to let you know you're doing great job. There is simply no legitimate and real way to add gold, diamonds of supplies to your Forge of Empires account. Any generator, hack or tools that is advertised is fake and used to scam people into filling in surveys, giving their login data or downloading viruses. This kind of game hack is impossible, since all important account data for your FoE is processed on the InnoGames game server and not on your device or computer app. The only way to change the data would be to actually hack into the game servers, which is not only highly illegal, which can get you to prison, but is also incredibly difficult to impossible. So unless you know a game admin at Forge of Empires, you wont get unlimited diamonds.
FoE is an old game. Yes there have been exploits of getting diamonds by doing loop quests, and there have been other options. As far as i know all known exploits have been handled and shut down, so any manual to these abuses are outdated. Diamond farming is the only legit possible way, since it actually does not breach rules, this implies playing multiple worlds, and all secondary worlds are beefed up with wishing wells, since 1 well gives diamonds once per 100 days it is not that efficient, plus you have to actually GET wishing well to start this.
As to hacks, game developing standards have gone up over the years, so tweaking data transfer is almost impossible for two reasons: the information goes trough validation, and each change is recorded in log file. Although log files are not kept for long, significant changes in a single person can be noticed (just like with multi profiling, giving FPs to GBs).
Another type of hack is server hack. Ok, this one is VERY illegal, usually there is extremely high level of protection for the system, taking head on is near impossible, so better angle is going for human error, looking for a back door. Theoretically it`s possible, but in reality hackers of such level have more fun from programming and hacking, than gaming, so they won`t come for free diamonds. Worse case any server can have is a total wipe-out of all the data. Building code and system takes time, and even deleting one server could permanently cripple the game.
In theory, yes, any on-line digital system can be hacked, but modern standards are high, and if Inno were not up to this challenge, than we would not be discussing this today. :D

Guys, is it ok I use this information in my video? I will credit you in the video.

I`m really happy to hear that hacking is not the top priority problem for Inno. It`s great that they are up to the standards, giving players the best game experience. It makes me enjoy the game even more knowing this environment is hacker free. Thank you!

If this would be the case in other games, Counter-Strike for example, where you face cheaters every day... Their anti-hack system is so outdated.

DeletedUser110131

What Krabis wrote. Essentially, anyone promising a hack like OP describes, is a fraud. Criminal hackers capable of delivering on that, won't waste their time and skills on it. They can make more money with less risk, doing other things.

One addition: The way to catch a hack like that, apart from having generally good security on the servers, would be backups of account data, city status, and system activity. These can either be automatically analyzed for "unexplained" events, such as diamonds coming from nowhere, or be looked up manually whenever suspicion is triggered by other factors. The risk of being caught if the initial hack is successful, is hard to estimate, but I'd guess it's high. The consequences are certainly severe, going far beyond simply being kicked. They may involve prison, depending on local laws. To sum up, getting ripped off by a scam artist is the best case scenario, if you pay for a hack. The worst case scenario is that you actually get the hack you pay for, and spend the next few years in prison. Fortunately, the risk of not being scammed is very, very low.

Last edited by a moderator: