• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is GVG dead?

• Thread starter DeletedUser12778
  • Start date

DeletedUser12778

It's just my opinion or GVG on this server is dead? when i look at the maps i don't see much of activity

DeletedUser99445

Come and play in Dinegu....there is some activity here

DeletedUser12778

i would but i don't feel like starting all again from the mud

DeletedUser14394

Where you don't see any activity? As far as I can see, it's going on how it's supposed to be.

DeletedUser653

Try checking out EN1 server !
IW tribe and CA tribe who used to be buddies have spilt and CA aligned now with OWL/NWO and full scale wars going on in CE.
Interesting use of Ghosts in this war.
I think we are seeing 12-15 sectors changing hands each day, but Goods will be the real issue for them.

DeletedUser12778

Try checking out EN1 server !
IW tribe and CA tribe who used to be buddies have spilt and CA aligned now with OWL/NWO and full scale wars going on in CE.
Interesting use of Ghosts in this war.
I think we are seeing 12-15 sectors changing hands each day, but Goods will be the real issue for them.

Seems interesting but i may have misssed the most interesting part since it took me a few days to reach IA

DeletedUser4879

GvG is only fun for the strong!! The rest ( new players and some) can just
sit there and look! If you're in a stronger guild and not one of the top players
You can donate stuff and collect whatever prizes your guild gets! That
does not include any excitement or fun!!! :p

DeletedUser12778

GvG is only fun for the strong!! The rest ( new players and some) can just
sit there and look! If you're in a stronger guild and not one of the top players
You can donate stuff and collect whatever prizes your guild gets! That
does not include any excitement or fun!!! :p

I i think the problem is the lack of strong guilds

DeletedUser579

There seems to be a basic flaw in the thinking regarding Table positions of guilds in any given Age Map.
The 'league table' that is calculated daily and that awards Points is based on both the number of sectors held by a Guild AND their overall Level score.
This system merely maintains the status quo. ie. if a guild has built up its level so that it has advantages over its opponents it can win and gain MORE advantage even when it has managed to hold less sectors.
A guild that is working with less Level advantage that manages to overtake the number of sectors held by a higher level guild still ends up below them in the Table and gets less points towards their total.
For example, My guild now holds more CE sectors than any other yet it is in position 5 of the table because its Level is lower than other guilds with less sectors. So those other Guilds get more points making their level increase even further. Maintaining the status quo ie. get to the top and you are helped by the game rules to stay there !

DeletedUser7719

Actually, the prestige gained from your guild level is very small. If you are 1st on the CE map, but are not 1st in the overall rank, that is because the other guild overpowers you in the lower ages.

DeletedUser5180

There seems to be a basic flaw in the thinking regarding Table positions of guilds in any given Age Map.
The 'league table' that is calculated daily and that awards Points is based on both the number of sectors held by a Guild AND their overall Level score.
This system merely maintains the status quo. ie. if a guild has built up its level so that it has advantages over its opponents it can win and gain MORE advantage even when it has managed to hold less sectors.
A guild that is working with less Level advantage that manages to overtake the number of sectors held by a higher level guild still ends up below them in the Table and gets less points towards their total.
For example, My guild now holds more CE sectors than any other yet it is in position 5 of the table because its Level is lower than other guilds with less sectors. So those other Guilds get more points making their level increase even further. Maintaining the status quo ie. get to the top and you are helped by the game rules to stay there !

Daybringers have most sectors and are top of the table.?

DeletedUser16126

Must admit... GvG has become much more fun since I left PT and joined a medium size guild (BoB).
GvG is stuck because of all complex diplomatic relations between all the higher guilds.

In the lower ages it is still more or less OK, and really lower size guilds can take reasonable positions.
But from CA onwards the GvG is really in a deathlock. (Big guild maintain their position, small guilds cannot enter). Big guilds have a massive amount of unrefined goods in their stock, delivered from their GB's. So they can and will take back immediately if they get attacked. So GvG fun (that was targetted when GvG was launched) is really on the sectors owned by the medium size guilds near the landing zones. And there it is sometimes you win... sometimes you loose.
So if you want fun in GvG rather than this status quo... then you'll have to leave your big guild and join a medium size guild!

DeletedUser99363

Just instegate a war then the fun begins, certain guilds in EN1 now about this :)