• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is bullying and blackmail allowed ?

DeletedUser

Hi all,

I have recently been getting unpleasant messages from a 'player' and as per his messages, he is constantly attacking me and getting his clan to do the same. I guess that the 'ganging up' element is part of the game but personally I dislike the bullying messages and threats of extortion.

Is this allowed in FoE ? is there a way to block the messages ? or do just stop playing as this is becoming 'not a game'.

Thank you

---
Example of some of the messages:
most of these have been in the last few hours
----
spend ur forg points on my gr8 building or i will plunder ur good ewery day or night!

---

eatch lvl 10 points at least, otherwise i will atack u and plunder! now u have a chans, cuz now just need 3 points this lvl, so if u spend 3forg points i will not plunder, then lvl1 u need to spend 10forg points - so i will not plunder, do we have our self a diel? capish?

--

if u miss this lvl in 24 hrs then next lvl u spend 10 points u have 24hrs! if u will not do it, i will tomorow atack agien and if u not spend points on my building i will plunder and so on so on till u will do it or i will plunder eatch day!

---
so u chose plunder? or u will give my tower some forg points??? answer or i will think that u have NOT acepted my offer :/

--
ok then, I dont see a msg from u and I dont see ur forg points at my building, so u chose the hard way, let it be ...

DeletedUser276

that is technically allowed. If you set your buildings to come to production completion just as or just after you log back in then there is nothing to plunder for them.

the rules for something like this is you cant set a bounty on someone. ie... I will give you x if you attack this player for me and help gang up on them.

DeletedUser

many thanks for the clarification.

to me, having this means it has stopped becoming a 'game' and should probably just stop playing.

Thanks again

DeletedUser

Bullying and Blackmail is not "allowed" in the REAL world, and should not exist in this game world.

How about getting a print screen image of one of the messages, and putting it into a "Thread of Shame".
At least we all will know who is messaging you.

Remorce I am not getting at you for your reply, I just dislike these type of people.

If he/she does it here, do they do it in the REAL World !!

DeletedUser7719

The best thing to do is just drop your defense and tell him that he won't be gaining any major points from you unless he doesn't plunder (plus collect your production on time as Remorce says). If you can, try to coordinate this with other neighbors and soon he may stop.

DeletedUser276

How about getting a print screen image of one of the messages, and putting it into a "Thread of Shame".
At least we all will know who is messaging you.

oohh thats actually a good idea. We call that PnP. Politics and Propaganda. Using the forums to show down groups or people without being insulting.

Remorce I am not getting at you for your reply, I just dislike these type of people.

I do too. But its the spirit of the game I guess to plunder. If you time your goods though and such you cant get plundered.

DeletedUser

Oh dear, ongrando has plundered my 'shoemaker' in desperation!!!

foe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks for the replies all. I don't mind attacking & plundering but I find that this behaviour is insidious and I am saddened that it is allowed of FoE.

I have now quite as a result. If you're in my neighbourhood, please feel free to attack, I have no defence now.

I've enjoyed playing FoE the last few months and thanks to all the friends I have made - best wishes all :)

DeletedUser14782

these people are still going to plunder you, they just basicaly want you to pay them to plunder you.

DeletedUser

The fact that repetitive, disturbing mails like these are allowed, is illustration of low in-game etics.

An example stated above is equally wrong as organizing and paying a group of players against one.
Blackmailing for FPs should be forbidden.

The issue here is not plundering (there are multiple measures to deal with that), but harassment and a form of blackmailing to get FPs.

DeletedUser99588

Empty threats. They can't plunder you unless you let them by leaving stuff to take. Not a fan of these threatening messages though but it works both ways. I have received a message before threatening not to take my trades, polivate me or but fp's into my GB's.

I don't agree with these messages whichever way round they are sent. You could just block them so you don't get the messages.

DeletedUser96901

Bullying and Blackmail is not "allowed" in the REAL world, and should not exist in this game world.
attacking other with weapons and stealing their things is also not allowed in the real world :eek:

Oh dear, ongrando has plundered my 'shoemaker' in desperation!!!

View attachment 5714
ignore list and plunder him daily :o

that would be the best answer:
he would be really annoyed and can't even write you new nice messages

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To all plunderees:

Use timers to collect on time.

Sometimes a message can be seen as a blackmail, when it's just an offer to be bribed. For example, a neighbor is annoyed I plunder him everyday, I told him: "If you want, put FPs everyday in one of my GBs and I won't plunder you." He took it as blackmail, when it was a simple offer that I could be bribed to stop.

I believe bribes are happening in REAL life. ;-)

Reck

DeletedUser2989

It is interesting how some answers to the question "why are you plundering me?" are considered blackmail (or threatening) and others aren't.
"I plunder no matter what!" = Not blackmail just the reason as to why they plundered
"I plunder unless I receive FP donations or aid from the player" = Blackmail even though it's an explanation of how they operate
"I plunder unless you are a friend or ally to my guild" = Not blackmail... or is it?

Sure some people are more chatty and use less delicate wording but if people really have a problem with the constant messages (that you can delete anyway...) then blocking them would be the way to go (as mentioned earlier).

DeletedUser96901

is is really blackmailing when making an offer to do or stop a LEGAL action

and where is the line between blackmail and not ?
some examples:
- "I motivate you if you donate one FP daily": blackmail? (not talking about plundering but that player is doing it daily)
- "I motivate you if you donate one FP daily. you know what I am doing now": blackmail because now he is indirectly talking about plundering ?
- "I stop plundering if you donate one FP daily": or starts the blackmail here because now he is directly talking about plundering?

DeletedUser100832

I think the problem is that he's doing it again and again

to do it once is bad manners and not much more... but spamming someone's inbox with essentially the same message could be construed as rule-breaking

DeletedUser4879

Hi, that plunder thingy is completely useless and only there to upset players!
It should be taken out and dusted,LOL...
In the early stages of the game players in advanced cities should not be able
to do that! Bet you this has been brought up time and time again!!!!!!
...:rolleyes: