• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is anyone using a tablet to play this?

DeletedUser

I also use Photon browser on my Ipad and it works without any problems. The only issue is data traffic if you are on mobile connection. I tried using free version of photon on my Samsung galaxy S3, but it doesn't work, and I don't know why. That is why I'm getting Iphone 5s as soon they start selling it in my country.

It does not currently work on android because FOE requires the latest version of adobe flash, and the android cloud browsers, photon in particular, has not updated their client computers that are being accessed through the cloud browser to the latest version of flash. Only a remote desktop app on android used to access one of your computers will allow you to play for the time being. Iphone/ipad photon still works great, I use it daily.

DeletedUser2918

using Splashtop too (since summer 2012) work great; I have a win7 VM running in the basement; and connect to it remotely using Splashtop to access my 4 worlds (A/C/E/H) to do pick ups and other things. I use a win7 notebook when doing battles...but Splashtop works for those too

Really hoping the iOS FoE app is not a myth and will arrive sooner than later; then I use my new iPad Air during daily 1hr commute(one 1hr each way); and not only play the game at home...I never play at work, that is my story and I am sticking to it.

GrahamMills

Master Corporal
Hi Alex,
I note that your sign off still refers to
"Independent Warriors, Arvahall's #1 Guild - Contact me to discuss joining!"
even though you have left and set-up your own guild.

DeletedUser15432

No and never will use a tablet, they are a waste of money

DeletedUser99218

I sometimes use my Microsoft Surface RT to play it on, but since I usually use a mouse and the keyboard when doing so that's more like using a mini-laptop. It's possible to collect stuff using the touch screen, though. Of course this is basically using a version of IE in Windows RT 8.1, so it's not surprising it works okay.

DeletedUser7990

I'm going travelling around Africa for maybe a year, and would like to continue playing the game, and will only be taking a tablet, but i think the price of those that can play this sort of game are not the sort of price I want to be taking with me, so i'll probably stop then, but it would be nice if there were a version that were simpler, less graphics or something so people can play on lower end machines. Though maybe this isn't their goal to make such a thing.

DeletedUser

Im playing this on tablet atm and its nice... but some things realy dont work and other things are hit and miss.
You cant hover over things easily to display the info and building things in the right place is a chore.

Other than the few minor ploblems it runs realy well. I am using a windows 8 tablet tho, i dont know for android tabs.

DeletedUser7719

I'm using Puffin on my Nexus 7. The free version only lets me access (the flash needed) from 8-4, but there is the ability to hover with the app :)