• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is anyone moderating this section of the forums any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
Knight of Ice used to stay on top of this section, archiving ideas that didn't get traction or that were unformatted. I didn't necessarily always agree with him on everything he did, but he kept the ideas forum focused and organised, and anything that got a lot of support from the community would eventually get forwarded to the devs.

However, that seems to have stopped in the last 2-3 months, and we have a lot of suggestions that are simply sitting with no reaction except from members of the community. Many of these suggestions are unformatted and/or otherwise low quality, and in the past would have been rejected immediately.

If Knight of Ice started to find it too much to stay on top of, are there any other moderators or prominent members of the community that could be recruited as moderators who could step up? Or was there a policy decision to leave this as a less-moderated discussion forum?

DESYPETE

Second Lieutenant
its simple put an idea forward ? except as always smart nerds try to complicate things by insisting there is some kind of format to be used. you get better responce and feed back on facebook as people can just post up an idea and the others can agree or disagree no need to have it moderated,

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
If it's moderated, that helps keep it organised, weed out ideas that will simply be rejected, and you also know ideas that are gaining support will get forwarded to the devs. Right now, it's not clear that any mods are even reading the ideas, so it's not clear if the devs will ever see anything no matter how popular your idea is.

Enforcing the format has a lot of value. It forces people to define their ideas clearly. I know, people want to simply toss an idea out there, but that leads to a lot of vague, poorly-defined ideas, where it's not entirely clear what exactly you have in mind. The format also forces you to check whether the idea has been proposed before and whether it would be considered "DO NOT SUGGEST".

While all that is true, it lead to all ideas being immediately shut down with no chance for discussion or refinement.

Agree that there should be some form of moderation but ideas should be able to get discussed (and dismissed where necessary) by the community so that they can be refined into something workable before having to be put into the correct format for forwarding to the inno junk folder

Knight of ICE

While all that is true, it lead to all ideas being immediately shut down with no chance for discussion or refinement.

Agree that there should be some form of moderation but ideas should be able to get discussed (and dismissed where necessary) by the community so that they can be refined into something workable before having to be put into the correct format for forwarding to the inno junk folder

So you want to discuss and refine ideas that are DNS or already suggested to start with? What exactly do you think to achieve with that? How would discussing and refining those ideas not result in them ending up in what you call "the inno junk folder"?

So you want to discuss and refine ideas that are DNS or already suggested to start with? What exactly do you think to achieve with that? How would discussing and refining those ideas not result in them ending up in what you call "the inno junk folder"?
Basically everything is DNS anyway so one could argue that there is no point of suggesting anything at all

Knight of ICE

Basically everything is DNS anyway so one could argue that there is no point of suggesting anything at all

If there is no reason of suggesting anything at all, there is no reason to discuss and refine it either, so you are contradicting yourself. Why would you want to discuss and refine ideas that in your opinion have no point of being suggested?

If there is no reason of suggesting anything at all, there is no reason to discuss and refine it either, so you are contradicting yourself. Why would you want to discuss and refine ideas that in your opinion have no point of being suggested?
I like some of the ideas people come up with and their reasons for them, some just for their comedy value. The problem with the DNS list is that it is so broad that it is virtually impossible to suggest something that doesn't break one of the rules.

Many times have things been suggested that are DNS only for them to be implemented a while later so there is always value in talking ideas through whether you like them or not, if you don't voice your opinion then you have no grounds for complaint when things go in a direction you do not like.

Andrew420

Major
If you have a problem with the moderation of any subforum or the forum in general, please do not create a topic or post in public about it. Contact a moderator with your problem and we will either explain the reasons or do our best to solve the problem should one exist. Creating topics and posting about it only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems.

Knight of ICE

I like some of the ideas people come up with and their reasons for them, some just for their comedy value.

So that is important to you. The fun you can have from peoples well meant ideas. Better not tell them their idea is DNS, or already suggested, cause that would spoil the "fun".

The problem with the DNS list is that it is so broad that it is virtually impossible to suggest something that doesn't break one of the rules

If that were true there would not be any forwarded ideas at all. There are 25 forums with basically the same rules. Many ideas are forwarded to the devs. If you feel that this forum has less success, the problem isn't in those rules.

Many times have things been suggested that are DNS only for them to be implemented a while later so there is always value in talking ideas through whether you like them or not, if you don't voice your opinion then you have no grounds for complaint when things go in a direction you do not like.

Yes and that is why the DNS very clearly states:

Note: These are things that InnoGames are not looking for currently. That doesn't mean such things will not be added at some point, (they may end up adding strong units or events/buildings that provide an easier access to Diamonds for example), but they don't need any more of such things suggested to them at this time. Please also note that does not mean that we will not revisit these ideas going forward, just that they won't be forwarded at this time.

I agree with you that there is always value in talking ideas through. That's why there are several forum sections where you are free to do so.

Just my opinion on the subject and to answer @potatoskunk, I do not find it to much to stay on top. I have been asked to try another approach and give people more space to discuss ideas, even if they are DNS, Already Suggested, Unformatted, or missing a poll, so that's what I am doing now.

If you have a problem with the moderation of any subforum or the forum in general, please do not create a topic or post in public about it. Contact a moderator with your problem and we will either explain the reasons or do our best to solve the problem should one exist. Creating topics and posting about it only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems.

You are right, so I am closing this now. I think I have explained the reason for "the change". If anything is not clear people can always PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.