• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Player Iron Age Battlecity

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
I have came up with the design of this great IA battlecity--
IA only Korch.jpg

Zeus, CoA, Castel and TA gives attack boost, along with botanical rotunda.
ToR gives me extra rewards in GE,
Cape, SoKs provides me with extra fps,
Obs and Arc helps the guild, and Arc also gives bonus rewards on other people's GBs,
Babel supports all the population I need,
Goods buildings and the mill when I don't wanna fight so I could negotiate,
Oracle of Delphi provides extra supplies,
Alcatraz gives rogues and champions,
Rogue hideouts, Dens, and champ retreats for the Alcatraz to produce troops,
Kraken and AO to help more in battle and provides extra fps,
wishing wells and fountains gives extra resources and diamonds.

Galladhorn

Monarch
It´s quite an amazing squeeze, but you use a lot of roads.
Particular roads should at best never run by the edges of a city, since then they only support ⁓50%

Here are some of the roads that could be removed:
Behind Observatory and Cape, Between CH and CDM, road next to the two WWs,
Removing those should bring your a double space so you do no need the road behind the Oracle to connect to the WW at the end.
Having a road around 1/2 of Alcatraz is no an optimal solution either, you should switch the smaller builds NorthEast with Alcratraz.
road between Kraken and Babel is not needed.

Cheers

Emberguard

Legend
@FelixPSY375 you've got too many roads that aren't doing anything. The shrines for example, you don;t need the ones inbetween the shrine and rogue hideout. You also don't need to have road completely surrounding the arc. The dead end next to the Alcatraz could have the 3x3 + road swapped with a 4x4

I took a crack at re-designing to see how much space is wasted and came up with this (used my ingame reconstruction mode and then a program akin to photoshop to replace the sprites with correct buildings - so you may want to make sure I haven't missed anything, but in general it'd give you a lot more space):
Oh yeah, you'll need a road either from the weaving mill down to the alcatraz, or from the shrine next to the arc to the alcatraz

Note: There's a road inbetween the babel and rogue hideout that also touches the arctic orangery.

I think i may have miscalculated the size of the actual town hall so the rogue hideout may have to be moved for the design to work, but hopefully it gives you some ideas

Layout_city.jpeg

General rules for design:
> each building only needs to touch a road once. If there's more then one side touching, chances are you can eliminate a road and squeeze it in closer

> Large buildings to the edges or in a line. While you could put them in the middle it's more difficult to place the smaller pieces around.

> If you wanted to make my design even more efficient play around with where the town hall is. It could be swapped with any of the other GBs in that line. Roads don't need to be along the entire front of the town hall, only attached to it somewhere

EDIT:

Signed up the city planner to see if it would work, found my design needed tweaking as some of the sizes were out, but overall it was alright
city_layour.jpeg

EDIT (2):
Played around with the middle a bit
city_layout.jpeg

Last edited:

DeletedUser113901

Well,
  1. You clearly have too many roads. Others already explained this so I'm not explaining further.
  2. Your means of producing FPs are very limited and you'll never be able to sustain levelling your GBs. The mill should be colourful or replaced by the gate and the wishing wells and goods buildings should be teared down to put SoKs.
  3. From fixing 2 you'd have nearly no more goods income but first this is a fighting, not trading, city; second from solving 1 you'll have a lot extra space to put a dynamic tower down, wich is a much better goods producer. Diamonds should be produced by another city of the same account.

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
Renoved 2 Jpeg.jpg
Renoved 1 jpeg.jpg

Guys I have minimized the roads... I deleted the champ's retreat, the Oracle, 1 wishing well and 2 fountains of youth-- But I came up with Hagia and Seed Vault. Managed to squeeze a Mad Scientist's Lab there, and tons of ritual flames and victory towers.

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
Or I guess I could even delete the goods buildings for even more fountains and possibly the dark door way If I could get it

Emberguard

Legend
Good job @FelixPSY375! :D I personally don't find a lot of value in watchfires. I usually reserve watchfire/ritual flame/victory tower for the spaces that are impossible to fill with anything else. The amount of times I get plundered isn't often. You might occasionally get someone that's more regular, but if you have a fully upgraded tavern slapping a city shield on will fix that.Towers are great while you're building your city up but at some point will become obsolete due to the Arc

I have no idea if you'd be able to improve the design you've got there with more FP production by taking out the victory/watchfire or if that's going to be the optimal design. However if you are able to rearrange it somehow to gain that space underneath the arc, that's already 3 shrines of knowledge. If you can somehow take the space underneath the Alcatraz as well then that's potentially another 3 shrines of knowledge. But like I said, it might not be possible, it'd require playing around with the layout to see if it can be done - and you might prefer the extra defence anyway.

One thing to consider - what buildings in there can actually be plundered? GBs can never be affected, All Ages buildings like your wishing wells and victory towers can never be affected, anything that can be motivated can't be plundered if they're motivated. Only thing I see there that'd be affected by plundering is your goods buildings. Which if you replace them with event buildings that can be motivated as time goes on - you won't be physically able to be plundered. (the mad scientists lab I'm pretty sure can be plundered because it's a production building - but if you ever want to do an event you'd need at least 10 production buildings). At which point the victory towers would hold greater value then the watchfires as it'd bring you that much closer to getting more expansions for your city

Last edited:

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
Best Renov.jpg

I squeezed it even more, Now I can hold 2 more fountains, 2 more watches and 2 more shrines. I deleted the goods buildings and all watchfires and ritual flames, and placed victory towers in those 1x1 spaces.

Emberguard

Legend
Sweet. Looking good :D are you intending to ever do events beyond this years Halloween? 'Cause they always require productions

Also sacred skywatch next to Babel, depending on the roads you may be able to swap those two SSWs and the victory towers for 4 shrines of knowledge. (Or if the Hagia is in the way, replace 1 SSW + towers for 2 Shrines of Knowledge). Doesn't have to be straight away, but once the medals are no longer needed you'd have more FPs and coins for it

If I'm correct about ths mad scientists size, in order to replace both ssw's and some of the victory towers with shrines of knowledge you'd probably need to move the mad scientist lab to be touching the Tower of Babel

Last edited:

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
Sweet. Looking good :D are you intending to ever do events beyond this years Halloween? 'Cause they always require productions
I have not build the city just yet, It is just founded a month ago. So before I build the entire city I will still have my blacksmiths up and running.

DeletedUser113901

Tear down the goods building and the Babel and replace with a DT. Goods production is equivalent to 1 500 IrA goods buildings at level 1 when aiding VF buildings.

vikingraider

Emperor
I'd go for CF too. You'll have goods coming out of your ears after levelling it a bit. And get rid of your victory towers. Your Arc is your medal producer. If you like I can share my IA city here with you. Then we can help each other if you want to

Galladhorn

Monarch
Thank you for you all. I didn't realize I could do much more by getting rid of some roads.

...You are not the only one, many players have not yet or never get to the point where the consider how roads infleunce the space avaialble. Many players getting to Progressive also often start building a lot of Dual lane roads, which at that point is a fairly huge mistake – While one lane roads are what they are, dual lane roads takes up about 3 times as much space. I helped players several times and by re arranging the roads and removing unessesary dual lane roads a lot of space was realeased, somtimes enough for 3 mid sized GBs. Anyway there is nearly always something to be learned in FoE ;)

Last edited: