• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: iOS game needs messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

B G K

Private
The entire FoE game is suffering from the lack of messaging on its tablet/smartphone version and makes the entire experience very frustrating. Of all the updates the iOS version developers are working on: THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE and I am gobsmacked that the latest update (1.43 in Feb 2015) still has no messaging function. And here is why:
Many people come across the game on their ipad (as I did). They play it there and have no idea that there exists a PC version - I came across this by chance a few weeks into the game. Most apps do not have a playable PC version so you don't expect it. And the game NEVER tells you. More importantly, iOS app users believe messaging does not exist yet - it says "Coming soon". So they wait.

Then there are players like me now. I am running a guild. I am actively messaging people all the time in order to win them for the guild, arrange trades, get invited as a friend - you name it. And it is VERY VERY FRUSTRATING never to hear back when you send a friendly message. You don't know whether the other person is simply rude or playing on a tablet and has no idea that they are being contacted. IT KILLS THE GAME. The game lives from the interaction of players with each other and you deprive all app users from it and frustrate the PC users.

PLEASE IMPLEMENT MESSAGING - it cannot be that difficult, really.

As a final thought: In the meantime, at least have a message on the event screen for tablet/smartphone users when they have a message waiting for them and that they can see it on the PC version. That would bridge the issue until you finally upgrade the app.

And lastly: IF YOU AGREE WITH THIS PLEASE POST A COMMENT - this is the only way to show the developers that you care about this. The more people who post here the more likely the developers are waking up and understand that this is a generally perceived issue.

Last edited:

DeletedUser106674

I couldn't agree more. It is a total shambles that there have been several iOS updates and all the time it keeps on saying that messaging "is coming soon". Soon what? In a few years time...? Developers - get you act together !!!

DeletedUser106675

Messaging would greatly improve the game play of smartphone and tablet players. Messaging is how players communicate with one another.

DeletedUser

I play in many worlds and we face the same problems in all of them. The lack of response from players on ipads or smartphone is very frustrating. It is about time that this issue is looked into and taken care of. Thank you!

DeletedUser2989

I know this is a very frustrating issue for mobile app users, I am also disappointed with not having a functioning message system (I would certainly use my phone app more if messages were working). Unfortunately there is little more that can be said for it other than it is "coming soon". If we could provide a better idea of when it'll be added we would, but it's not so simple with the added interaction with Apple meaning updates (or parts of them) can experience serious delays.

B G K

Private
I know this is a very frustrating issue for mobile app users
No, it is not, Tankovy - it is frustrating for PC users. The app user DOES NOT KNOW that he/she is actually being contacted. He/she DOES NOT KNOW there is a PC version. And it is inexcusable of the FoE team that when you load the app the first screen does not say in capital letter: There is a PC version and it has messaging - check it regularly.
That is all that is needed until the FoE team sort out its issues with Apple and doing the proper upgrade of the app. FoE could adjust the app to the Valentines event - well, why did they not add that screen as well... It is so simple it hurts.

DeletedUser100385

Please work harder to bring messaging to iOS. And get the Android version going please!

DeletedUser105078

+ A HUGE PLUS FROM ME

I don't play on a tablet or ipad, but as others have said, my frustration is in trying to manage a guild with members I can't communicate with. Some players access a PC, join a guild, and then play from their ipad almost exclusively. You can message them until the cows come home...

DeletedUser7719

Chatting with others (on the message system back then :p) was the reason why I gained interest in this game, so definitely a +1 from me for getting the messaging/communication done as soon as possible.

B G K

Private
And we got another update (1.47 - Easter 2015 event) for ios without messaging or anything to remedy the problem. Quite clearly the FoE team doesn't care and hides behind silly excuses that "it isn't that easy to get things done with Apple". 100,000+ other app manufacturers manage... I started playing this game in Dec 2014 and it said "Messages (coming soon)". And 5 months later, it still says the same. Pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

B G K

Private
I just had to turn away somebody who wanted to join my guild (The Traders Empire) because he only plays on an ipad (he happened to log in on a friend's computer and saw my message then). You cannot run a guild with members who don't see your messages and with whom you cannot communicate. Apart from that, when the FoE team has not the faintest idea themselves when or whether messaging is ever going to come to mobile devices, why are the putting a lie on the app ("Coming soon" - no it isn't)?
Lastly, this thread has attracted some attention from the FoE community but this MEGA issue has attracted zero attention from the FoE developers - complete utter silence on this issue. I guess they are too busy working on the next animated bird flying across my screen. Thank you for the hard work...

DeletedUser2989

As of 1 week after update 1.61 mobile devices will be able to use the message system, thus marking this as implemented. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.