• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Invisible battlefield terrain features

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
  • World: Brisgard
  • Browser and Version: Firefox 26.0
  • Overview of the bug: Random hexes on the battlefield are displayed with the wrong terrain type. Typically, bushes, forests, rocks, hills and swamps are displayed as plains, making them effectively invisible.
  • Screenshots:
    Here we have an invisible forest hex highlighted. There are several others on the battlefield. Note the two enemy rangers on the right - the reason they stopped in those hexes is because they are supposed to be bushes.
    1.jpg
    Here an enemy ranger is hiding in an invisible forest hex.
    2.jpg
    Highlighting an enemy fast unit reveals rocks which it cannot enter, including invisible ones. There is also one hex that looks like rocks, but is actually a bush.
    3.jpg
    Another battle, another fast unit, more invisible rocks.
    4.jpg
    Two enemy rangers hiding in invisible forests.
    5.jpg
    What works for the enemy works for the player too - two of my own jaegers hiding in invisible forests.
    6.jpg
  • How often this occurs: I have seen this maybe three times since May. Suddenly, it started occurring in every battle today.
  • Urgency: Critical. This is making battles a nuisance, since enemy units can always see exactly what the terrain is, but the player can't.
  • Preventative Actions: None I can think of.
  • Summary: Random hexes on the battlefield are displayed with the wrong terrain type.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes, not found.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum: Tried refreshing, no effect. Other methods don't seem relevant.

DeletedUser7719

I have had this problem too. Have not battled today or yesterday, so don't know if this will occur more often for me. There are also times where the terrain goes completely black, but I don't think it's related to this issue and has to do with my flash

DeletedUser

There is no record in the changelogs (on the forum at least) that this issue has been fixed, please could this be re-investigated.

DeletedUser100341

I had CA rangers in the forest but InA Rifleman and Howitzer could still fire on them. No InA unit was close to my rangers. Is this intended?

DeletedUser15432

This generally occurs just before the game suffers a flash crash.

DeletedUser7719

A Howitzer has the ability to attack hidden units, but not rifleman...

DeletedUser100341

I guess you could say they saw the ranger go into to the trees but it should be hidden is hidden.

DeletedUser100341

Boy it happened again today only not as blatant. I put a ranger in the trees but the AI sure seems to know where I am. They go right for me.

DeletedUser97349

TheWizEd, can you confirm it is not just howitzers which are firing on your rangers whilst hidden, and that they are not rogues which have just transformed? Is this related to the original issue in that the terrain is misidentified, or is this a separate issue? Thanks.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I thought that the bug where transformed rogues cannot hide until their next turn was fixed months ago?

DeletedUser100341

TheWizEd, can you confirm it is not just howitzers which are firing on your rangers whilst hidden, and that they are not rogues which have just transformed? Is this related to the original issue in that the terrain is misidentified, or is this a separate issue? Thanks.

I can confirm that my ranger was in the trees and a rifleman, who couldn't shoot at him from a distance because he was hidden, walked up next to him and shot him. It did not appear to be a move an AI rifleman would normally take.

DeletedUser97349

Ah ok, the hidden ability only works at range; if a unit then moves adjacent to the hidden unit, it will then be able to fire on that unit :)

DeletedUser100341

Ah ok, the hidden ability only works at range; if a unit then moves adjacent to the hidden unit, it will then be able to fire on that unit :)

I understand that. Its just that the first time this happened the rifleman fired on my ranger in the trees from a distance. The defense also had howitzers. Its as though the howitzer exposed by ranger for the rifleman.

DeletedUser97349

I have attempted to replicate this, but unsuccessfully. Should it happen again, please reply with as many details as possible. For now I will move this to Archive as it is unclear whether this was not a bug, or a bug that has been resolved.