• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inventory: add Create Offer functionality

AntiDuck

Corporal
Proposal: Add "Create Offer" fuinctionality to "Inventory" dialog windows.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea:
Yes, but haven't found yet anything like that.

Reason: Current Inventory window is useless. Player can see all her/his Goods, but next move (do something with Goods) is locked - Player needs to
1/ Plan action "Create 20 Copper for 40 Limestone"
2/ Close Inventory
3/ Open Market
4/ Scroll till Copper, and create this offer.
5/ Should Player need to see full list of resources again - it will take visiting Inventory and repeating

Details: (in attached picture)

Visual Aids: (in attached picture)

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
I see no way to abuse this interface improvement.

(in free form, idea was originall suggested as follows)

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

Clicking on Inventory always confuses me - player sees the list of her/his goods, but can't do anything else, but just closing this dialog.
I suggest to add at least "Create Offer" functionality to this item. On right click. Don't know about ipad/Android version, and never cared - as Forge is totally hardcore PC dark Teuton genius game, just like flash game Lucky Tower 2 (by Exotworking)

Yes, it will open 2nd way to the Market - Create offer ( Inventory - Create Offer).
But it would also make Inventory icon somewhat useful.

Also, working with goods in market is rather hard - I prefer the "Create Offer" dialog to _remember_ last position I was working with, and don't ask me to start from _Marble_ each time I need to work with creating +1 Silk for Gunpowder offer.

Sincerely yours, AntiDuck

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 422
  • icn_heroimage.png
    icn_heroimage.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

DeletedUser653

sounds like a very simple idea as it can use the programming already on the trading options, so good idea, but as Galladhorn says it needs to be formatted as an idea and then submitted to the IDEAS thread

AntiDuck

Corporal
Why would you want to trade from inventory, when the function you require is available when you open the market directly?
What's the idea of inventory anyway?
Ok, I see list all of my Goods on one screen.
Great.

Next, I have some ideas how to shuffle these goods - I'm full of something and I have something in deficit

What do I do?

I need to close the inventory and go to the Market to actually do something about Goods.

Why should I close/reopen interface windows, if I can just create trades from Inventory, quickly and easy

Last edited:

AntiDuck

Corporal
Hi, I like the idea, but your should hurry up and format it according to the Idea Forum Rules
Thanks for reply and info, I will try to do so.
Sorry for delay with my reaction - I just dropped this thought into forum and after 2 weeks decided to check for any reaction.
Didn't know the process of new ideas collection is organized according to ISO 9000 :)

Oh, looks like I can only add poll to a new thread, so I have to re-create the idea post

Last edited:
What's the idea of inventory anyway?
Ok, I see list all of my Goods on one screen.
Great.

Next, I have some ideas how to shuffle these goods - I'm full of something and I have something in deficit

What do I do?

I need to close the inventory and go to the Market to actually do something about Goods.

Why should I close/reopen interface windows, if I can just create trades from Inventory, quickly and easy
I use the market to see which goods I have; not inventory.
I use inventory to "use" the items I've won or gathered: event prizes, attack boosts, supply rushes, reno kits etc...