• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Introduce Natural Disasters into gameplay -

Should Natural Disasters be introduce into the game for those who choose this option

• Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

DeletedUser110131

+1 for the idea, and another +1 for the effort and presentation.

Some immediate thoughts:
- Even people who like the idea would be reluctant to turn it on. Enjoying a challenge when it appears, and asking for one to appear are two different things.
- If someone turns this on, they're also creating a challenge for friends and guild mates. Doing so for no reason other than doing so... The test of friends and allies might be turned into "are you the kind of git that would turn this feature on", rather than "are you a real friend who'll step up and help".

If it's to be voluntary, I suggest that some form of compensation or reward would be necessary, both to motivate turning the feature on, and to justify doing so.

Also, there would have to be some solution for those who learn that their friends and guild mates aren't the helpful kind.

DeletedUser114342

+1 for the idea, and another +1 for the effort and presentation.

Some immediate thoughts:
- Even people who like the idea would be reluctant to turn it on. Enjoying a challenge when it appears, and asking for one to appear are two different things.
- If someone turns this on, they're also creating a challenge for friends and guild mates. Doing so for no reason other than doing so... The test of friends and allies might be turned into "are you the kind of git that would turn this feature on", rather than "are you a real friend who'll step up and help".

If it's to be voluntary, I suggest that some form of compensation or reward would be necessary, both to motivate turning the feature on, and to justify doing so.

Also, there would have to be some solution for those who learn that their friends and guild mates aren't the helpful kind.

Yes I agree with everything you have said and I have been mulling what to do with your considerations that you posted.

One thought was that if you did voluntarily turn it on you would then get an extra fp from your town hall. Again just a thought.

As to friends and guild mates that is another conundrum. It could be that they do plunder your fps in the time frame that is allowed and then turn around and return the fps into one of your GBs to help you not loose it to another.

Or if you were unlucky and got a category 5, did a guildmate plunder your arc to keep the goods within the guild.

I’m still working on these concerns and any input is very welcome on how to overcome them :)

DeletedUser114342

One idea I had about the repercussions of a friend or guild mate plundering you for their own gain is that you then have a 24hr window to plunder them back.

DeletedUser

I feel for turning this feature on, due to the risk, it should gain one a better reward than one extra fp tbh.
I am in a stage, and everybody will be eventually most of the time, that a fp more or less doesn’t do it for me.

Sadly this is only a remark without a better suggestion (yet).
I’ll brainstorm about it as well :)

DeletedUser114342

I feel for turning this feature on, due to the risk, it should gain one a better reward than one extra fp tbh.
I am in a stage, and everybody will be eventually most of the time, that a fp more or less doesn’t do it for me.

Thank you :)

DeletedUser114342

How about with every natural disaster you ‘survived’, FOE rewards you with fragments to work towards a whole expansion? The more severe the natural disaster you encountered, the more expansion fragments gets rewarded.

DeletedUser

How about with every natural disaster you ‘survived’, FOE rewards you with fragments to work towards a whole expansion? The more severe the natural disaster you encountered, the more expansion fragments gets rewarded.

That sounds really nice expansions are interesting for everyone regardless the stage of their game.

DeletedUser110131

Obviously, I wouldn't object to getting an extra expansion. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that FoE will be extremely reluctant to reward us with expansions. It's the main limiting factor in the game, as well as a major incentive for spending. The limitation is necessary to ensure challenges at all ages, as well as being an equalizing factor within ages. It's important enough that they've put some fairly strict limitations on diamond expansions, even.

What they might consider is a temporary expansion. Say one that can be used for the duration of an event, or one that lasts during your current era. An advance on the next expansion you earn/buy might also work. There may be other limitations that can be placed on expansions, besides duration, that will work.

The rewards shouldn't be tied to whether of not you "survive". Then survival would either have to be so hard that people quit the game, or the rewards will be too simple to get. Instead, they should be tied to the time it takes to recover. Do it fast, and you get the maximum reward for that disaster level.

Straight forward individual rewards:
  • Diamonds: Everybody wants diamonds, and they're already used as high-level rewards.
  • Blueprint(s) of your choice, from single to full set: A BP that you can choose is immensely more valuable than a random one.
  • Tavern silver: I know, a lot of people have lots of silver. However, with even more to spare, they'll be free to spend indiscriminately for a period.
  • A lot of FPs in packs: While 1 FP per day won't impress high level players, 50 packs of 10 FPs will put a smile on most faces.
  • Packs for "special double production", that includes FPs and/or goods: Whichever level the player is on, the value of this reward will be significant.

Bonus while having "Natural Disasters" enabled:
  • Defense bonus: Since players take an increased risk of being plundered when a disaster strikes, why not give the defenders a "courage bonus" when everything is well?

Guild rewards:
  • Having "Natural Disasters" enabled increases one or several of the player's contributions to the guild, be that prestige, power, support pool (from buildings), or other.
  • Any member recovering from a disaster gives a one time boost for the guild, size depending on disaster type and severity.
OK, that's it, for now.

DeletedUser

Well as for the expansions goes: the space is available and I bet this gives a boost financially for Inno.
Some have 10 or more pirate ships..
Well you get the idea I think: win - win that is.
And for us fairly normal players well space is always welcome :)
So I think it is a brilliant idea really!

DeletedUser110131

Well as for the expansions goes: the space is available and I bet this gives a boost financially for Inno.
Some have 10 or more pirate ships..
Well you get the idea I think: win - win that is.
And for us fairly normal players well space is always welcome :)
So I think it is a brilliant idea really!
It's not so much that I disagree, as that I'm sure Inno disagrees. If they thought that the game balance could tolerate more expansions, they would long since have increased the number they sell for diamonds.

DeletedUser

It's not so much that I disagree, as that I'm sure Inno disagrees. If they thought that the game balance could tolerate more expansions, they would long since have increased the number they sell for diamonds.

Probably so indeed.
In that case they are not souly focused on earning money which I truly admire sincerely especially since it is out of the ordinary for a business not having souly a mark for interest but rather let their ethics lead their path.
I admit after Carnival 2019 I doubted this observation but in these things yes they have class.
That’s why I have always loved to support Inno.

DeletedUser

How about a full expansion reward but in this 1% chance fashion as well and not necessarily after every disaster.
I’ve noticed in myself I find it very hard to find a more proper reward good enough for every type of player, premium or not, to make them enable that setting.
Whilst most love diamonds some just buy them and are not easily impressed.
Expansions are sacred for everyone.

DeletedUser114342

What about the following

If you choose this option. your guild gets the same amount of crowns that a HoF provides according to your era daily. It is collected through your town hall. As a lot of people who choose this option will never actually have a natural disaster, I don't want the reward to be out of balance.

The compensation in the case of a natural disaster depends on the severity of the disaster.

So for category 1:
You would basically get the researchers chest the same as the DC with the same probabilities.
The reasoning behind this is that this category is the least severe and only requiring 10 people to send coins to fill up the city repair kit. This could only take 10 minutes depending on how many people are on line at this time or longer.

Category 2:
30fp @ 25%
10 X rogues @ 25%
200 goods @ 25%
50 diamonds @ 25%
Category 2 is a bit more challenging with needing 20 people to send aid. But as the aid consists of coins and supplies which most people have a surplus of, it should not be too much of a stretch.

Category 3:
50 fp @ 50%
200 goods @ 30%
100 diamonds @ 20%

Category 4:
100 fp @ 50%
500 goods @ 30%
200 diamonds @ 20%

Category 5:
1000 diamonds @ 50%
1 full expansion @ 50%
I know Inno is very reluctant to give out extra expansions, however, in this scenario, a chance of getting a full expansion would be 50% of 1% of 1%. So it is still very low and will not be given out like tissue paper. Also, because category 5 your GBs are now at risk of plundering, the compensation should equal the risk. Also, depending who Inno has on their team, they might be convinced that this is OK.

DeletedUser

I’ve switched my vote to a positive one.
Especially since the feature suggested is optional and I truly like how the careful evaluation of rewards for turning the setting “on” evolves.
How this idea is proposed and the willingness of the OP to work with points raised by others and to see how she works with ideas of others and is even inviting us to add our ideas is really enlighting.

I just love how this is approached :)

DeletedUser114342

I’ve switched my vote to a positive one.
Especially since the feature suggested is optional and I truly like how the careful evaluation of rewards for turning the setting “on” evolves.
How this idea is proposed and the willingness of the OP to work with points raised by others and to see how she works with ideas of others and is even inviting us to add our ideas is really enlighting.

I just love how this is approached :)

Thank you :)

DeletedUser108359

No -1 unless it is totally optional ( although how many people are actually going to willingly make their cities open to have anything plundered by anyone? )
Where is the point in having it open to be plundered by guild mates and friends? Foe started basically as a war game but it has become a social game as well, promoting both options of the game,

Perhaps the idea could be tweaked a bit. Instead of doing it yourself, it could be an option for an attacker to use.
If they beat you then they get an option to plunder/sabotage Or cause a natural disaster in your city. ( this option would have to be used immediately after the attack ) Not at any time they wished. { If no buildings have anything to plunder, they would have to wait 24 hrs before trying again }

There would be a percentage chance of having various different disasters occurring.

Flood. Part of your city is flooded and all those buildings are open to plunder ( irrespective of which they are )
Earthquake, Your city is completely damaged and all buildings are open to plunder
Fire, Your whole city burns and all buildings are open to plunder
Lightning Strike Hits a random building which can be plundered
Meteor Strike Same plunder conditions as flood

DeletedUser114342

No -1 unless it is totally optional ( although how many people are actually going to willingly make their cities open to have anything plundered by anyone? )
Where is the point in having it open to be plundered by guild mates and friends? Foe started basically as a war game but it has become a social game as well, promoting both options of the game,

Perhaps the idea could be tweaked a bit. Instead of doing it yourself, it could be an option for an attacker to use.
If they beat you then they get an option to plunder/sabotage Or cause a natural disaster in your city. ( this option would have to be used immediately after the attack ) Not at any time they wished. { If no buildings have anything to plunder, they would have to wait 24 hrs before trying again }

There would be a percentage chance of having various different disasters occurring.

Flood. Part of your city is flooded and all those buildings are open to plunder ( irrespective of which they are )
Earthquake, Your city is completely damaged and all buildings are open to plunder
Fire, Your whole city burns and all buildings are open to plunder
Lightning Strike Hits a random building which can be plundered
Meteor Strike Same plunder conditions as flood

Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry I haven’t had time to update my original post but if you have read the post with added suggestions and changes you will see that a lot of your concerns have already been addressed ☺️

DeletedUser108359

Expansions are sacred for everyone.

Very true, and as much as i'd love the chance of a few expansion rewards, ( and not to be pessimistic ) i doubt if Foe will ever give these out as they have categorically stated No expansion rewards Ever.
But we live and play in hope and they are humans as well, so who knows what may happen, they could change their minds.

Agent327

Overlord
  • What not to suggest:
In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:
  • Easier access to Diamonds (Diamonds are the lifeblood of the game. We need them bought to pay for servers and everything else. If we gave out easier diamonds then no one would buy them).