• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Introduce a new multi-level item/upgrade kits for Guild Expedition Final (level 4) Prize

• Thread starter DeletedUser113653
  • Start date

DeletedUser113653

Proposal: Introduce a new multi-level item and accompanying upgrade kits (similar to those awarded for events and cultural settlements) as the prize for completing level 4 of Guild Expedition.

Reason: This would make Guild Expedition more exciting and attract a higher participation rate among those who already have far too many Terrace Farms, Fountains of Youth, etc. to ever use.

Details: After playing through level 4 a number of times I always stop before the final prize because I have way too many of each of the small selection of final prizes to ever be able to use. It seems like the rest of the game has moved toward a model of awarding special items with levels as prizes for continuing things. If you introduced a guild expedition multi-level prize where the first time you get a level 1 item, and always have the GE level 4 final prize be a 50% chance of getting either an upgrade kit for that special item or one of the usual GE prizes (relics could also contain level ups), Guild Expedition would become far more interesting and attract much more participation.

Balance/Abuse Prevention: This idea would not introduce any opportunities for abuse, as multi-level prizes are a well-tested concept that have been employed in all of the quests and cultural civilisations.

Emberguard

Legend
Might be great for old timers, lousy for those that haven't been regularly getting lvl 4 completed for an extended period of time. I'd only be for it if the multi-lvl was a kit where you can choose if it's lvl 1 or upgrade

It would be nice to have something different but after a couple of months everyone would be complaining about endless upgrades for a building that's maxed out with no room to place another one

DeletedUser96901

I'd only be for it if the multi-lvl was a kit where you can choose if it's lvl 1 or upgrade
like the Greater Runestone selection kit

that's maxed out with no room to place another one
sell a SoK

if you get something like the Greater Runestone that gives 2 FP and 2% attack boost at 2x2 in 3-6 month to max level you will definitely find a place for it

Shad23

Emperor
It would be nice to have something different but after a couple of months everyone would be complaining about endless upgrades for a building that's maxed out with no room to place another one
well they could do a rotation of the diferent up-gradable kits i'v got kits in inventory that i don't know if i'll ever build cause i don't know when the upgrades will be available again

DeletedUser116654

GE does not need to get "more interesting" and not all prizes have to be great!
Actually, none of the prizes in GE are good compared to the good event buildings.

+1 to the idea, shrink kits for GE items will be welcome too.

DeletedUser113901

Actually, none of the prizes in GE are good compared to the good event buildings.

+1 to the idea, shrink kits for GE items will be welcome too.
TFs is very good. 5 FPs at once (BG), no aid required, can be used to do prods...

DeletedUser116654

TFs is very good. 5 FPs at once (BG), no aid required, can be used to do prods...
Not versatile because its huge. Maybe if you have a Blue Galaxy at a high level then its good, but other than that, compared to good event buildings, its not good. It requires population too. It doesn't require aid, but it can also be plundered. Yes, it has a plus point that it can be used to do productions, but that still doesn't make it as good as, for example SoKs. Doesn't give coins either. Maybe if it could be shrunken to 5x5, there could be a decent comparison.

Agent327

Overlord
Not versatile because its huge. Maybe if you have a Blue Galaxy at a high level then its good, but other than that, compared to good event buildings, its not good. It requires population too. It doesn't require aid, but it can also be plundered. Yes, it has a plus point that it can be used to do productions, but that still doesn't make it as good as, for example SoKs. Doesn't give coins either. Maybe if it could be shrunken to 5x5, there could be a decent comparison.

Spoken like a true beginner.

Emberguard

Legend
TFs value depends on what you're using it for and what else you currently have available.
unknown.png

Now at a glance you might think - 10 FPs extra for the same space, I should go with the SoK. But it really depends on what else is already in your city as to which is the better option as well as how far along in the game you are.

If those SoKs are the only thing you need motivating then sure - go with the SoKs. But if you've got another 50 items that also need motivating then you'd better have a really good aiding base to keep your city running.

In any case, 8 Terrace farms only having a 10FP difference to 50 SoKs is pretty close and would be one way of ensuring production buildings for events or swapping to goods if needed.

If we were to get a multi lvl building size wouldn't be the issue, its output and availability would be the issue. Adding anything to GE would reduce the availability of other things you might have wanted to keep in the running - or make it take longer for new members to gather whatever you have a glut of that this idea would be reducing the appearances of

Last edited: