• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

InnoGames TV InnoGames TV September Edition

DeletedUser

Having read though most of the Game Discussions and Questions/FAQ sections of the forum, I know that in the past Anwar did drop by and answer some questions. I'm not sure that it did make much of a difference; people still disagreed and were dissatisfied to approximately the same degree.

Precisely. :)

DeletedUser11899

The thread "InnoGames TV wants your Questions!" created in this forum has never existed on my native forum (.es), so I wonder which/where are the questions from all communities/players

I suppose some communities are really irrelevant or maybe all of them surely would have asked the same essential question as Starostin did here: "What's the guy at the entrance to the shed beside the monastery up to? "
No matter, I understand perfectly, why should we worry about them?

Jokes aside, I was expecting some relevant answers instead of already known answers, boring comments and so on.

My humble opinion (addressed to Inno): dont waste more time making these videos because if the really relevant questions that players are always claiming will always be unattended it'll be worse for all. Just take a look at this thread and please, dont forget other communities and forums , they still are important for your business.

DeletedUser

As far as I can see, the "InnoGames TV wants your Questions!" thread only existed on this forum. For future reference, it would be worth canvassing all of the communities so that they all feel involved; if the forums are to mean anything, then they should all be treated equally.

DeletedUser1081

As far as I can see, the "InnoGames TV wants your Questions!" thread only existed on this forum.

Thanks - so if this is the only forum where they requested questions, why did Bartek say "questions like 'how much does the game earn' can't be answered for obvious reasons"?? No one here asked that, and if it didn't appear in a "questions please" thread in another forum, it's raining red herrings.

Also, the assertion by Hippo and Alex that forum posters were just as dissatisfied when Anwar was making regular appearances here is totally inaccurate. Yes, people had problems and questions related to the game (and the forum) back then as well, but we certainly did not have the dreadful sinking sensation that no one from the dev team was paying any attention to our questions and concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

Therefore we have made our choice and I believe that stuff like buildings rotation, which I can see over and over again showing up in community forums and even support requests, somehow is important to many players, even tho regular forum goers already know the answer for a long time and saying it again (but in the video this time) is not very attractive to them. I got it - but please remember that forum community is relatively small % of our overall userbase. So lots of people just did not know that and kept asking question about it. Another stuff - Android - basically the same thing. That question was under every single news and post that we have sent regarding iPad app. So I believe that it's also important.

Questions were considered if they were presented in the thread or if they already known via lots of support tickets (recent ones I'd expect) possibly even common questions across the forum communities (this is less likely as most common questions on the forums require long answers, most easy stuff is known to frequent visitors). The following hints at multiple sources being used to determine the questions "which I can see over and over again showing up in community forums and even support requests".

Thanks - so if this is the only forum where they requested questions, why did Bartek say "questions like 'how much does the game earn' can't be answered for obvious reasons"?? No one here asked that, and if it didn't appear in a "questions please" thread in another forum, it's raining red herrings.

I'd say Bartek was using that as a hypothetical example question, not saying that it either was or wasn't a popular and frequently asked question but that questions along those lines would not be answered.

I made a post here earlier along similar lines here.

DeletedUser

@mink

It's a completely different situation now. The game, including it's features, changes, and community size has grown considerably since then - all contributing factors toward the fact of having less time for a developer to dedicate to actively posting on the forums.

Regarding your comment directly - I honestly don't believe at all that people are only upset at the idea that they feel the devs aren't paying attention to them. I believe it's clear that what they truly want is to have the chance to complain and debate with the developers about certain aspects of the game (which I completely believe there is full truth to the claim they don't have the time for). If it were only about feeling like the developers aren't paying attention to the community, then this video should have put that idea to rest, as it proves that they do indeed pay attention to the community. He specifically stated in the video that they read the forums regularly as well as communitcate with community leaders. Also, we have had MANY (recent) updates, changes, and new features that were so clearly and so obviously brought about in thanks to community feedback, particularly from here in the forums.

I just don't buy the claim that all the people want is to hear from a developer in order to feel like you don't "the dreadful sinking sensation that no one from the dev team is paying any attention to our questions and concerns".

DeletedUser1081

Alex, please don't tell me what I feel, all right? Thank you. And please please don't treat this like a debate - thanks. I already know you can argue 'til the cows come home but that's not what this thread is for, I hope.

Any chance of thread with the questions and answers on?

Starzaan has said (somewhere a page or two ago) that our CCMs and CM will try to get answers to the questions. Which is very appreciated - thank you.

DeletedUser65431

I honestly don't believe at all that people are only upset at the idea that they feel the devs aren't paying attention to them.

I would be disappointed if the developers were wasting their time on here. More than enough communication from Inno, half the people that contribute to the forum are moderators or community something or others.

DeletedUser99445

I would be disappointed if the developers were wasting their time on here. More than enough communication from Inno, half the people that contribute to the forum are moderators or community something or others.

Is it only half? Feels like more.

DeletedUser

Also, the assertion by Hippo and Alex that forum posters were just as dissatisfied when Anwar was making regular appearances here is totally inaccurate. Yes, people had problems and questions related to the game (and the forum) back then as well, but we certainly did not have the dreadful sinking sensation that no one from the dev team was paying any attention to our questions and concerns.

Sorry - that's just my impression of the forum from the past to the present and my personal opinion.

DeletedUser99445

We can only blame the players for not turning up in numbers but sadly, you can actually enjoy the game more if you stay away from the frustrations of the forum.

DeletedUser

Alex, please don't tell me what I feel, all right? Thank you. And please please don't treat this like a debate - thanks. I already know you can argue 'til the cows come home but that's not what this thread is for, I hope.

Sorry if I have upset you mink, but I am allowed to express my opinion here just in the same way that you are. You don't have to agree with what I say, and you're welcome to express your disagreement - just as I am (so long as comments are still on topic, which I was, as it's all relative to the feedback of the OP).

half the people that contribute to the forum are moderators or community something or others.

Bear in mind, many times mod's are posting from a player point of view, as we are players also (typically long before ever becoming a mod) ;-)

DeletedUser1081

A strictly literal interpretation of the answers is perhaps a little limiting :)

Regarding the unanswered questions, I will be going back through the previous thread to answer what questions we are able, bearing in mind that we cannot release certain information ahead of time, and it may also take some time to obtain some of the answers, if indeed we can. The effort will be made to answer as many as possible however.

How's it going with getting answers to some of the serious questions that were asked in this thread, such as how the developers/designer mean GvG to be played, since all the changes they make to it keep indicating that they have something in mind that's not even close to how the players are trying to play it?

Nota bene: "The game changes and we must adapt" is not a right response when we can't even guess how they picture it being any fun at all to play. "Isn't it fun to try to figure it out instead of getting clear instructions" is not a right response either; no, it is not fun.

DeletedUser97349

Thank you for the reminder, what with all the excitement I had forgotten to update the thread. As I mentioned at the time, there is a limit to the information I am able to obtain however.

DeletedUser1081

I certainly hope that limit doesn't mean the designer/devs won't explain how GvG is supposed to work.

Here's the question from the original thread:

There's clearly a difference between how the players expect GvG to work and how the designers/developers envision it, and tensions and frustration over this have been growing for a long time. Please tell us clearly how GvG should work so that it has a chance of becoming enjoyable for a substantial number of players.

For example, after a guild has strained all their resources to acquire a bunch of hexes in several eras and can't afford any more due to the exorbitant costs of sieges, what exactly is supposed to be fun: watching the maps stagnate? watching "ghost guilds" with near-zero siege costs demolish our hard-won territory? or are we supposed to find it fun to release our own hexes (hang the effort and expense!) to finance further futile fights for no evident purpose? Give us a glimmer, please!

DeletedUser98465

I certainly hope that limit doesn't mean the designer/devs won't explain how GvG is supposed to work.

Here's the question from the original thread:

Maybe, they don't actually know lol. The guy that wrote the code left the company before he could do any kind of handover :P

I tell you, here's a crazy thought, why don't they have a roadmap for changes, and how it all ties together, because I would has at a guess, there may well be some kind of 'end game' to all this nonsense. Now that's never been thought of before, I'm a genius :P

DeletedUser1081

Maybe, they don't actually know lol. The guy that wrote the code left the company before he could do any kind of handover :P

I tell you, here's a crazy thought, why don't they have a roadmap for changes, and how it all ties together, because I would has at a guess, there may well be some kind of 'end game' to all this nonsense. Now that's never been thought of before, I'm a genius :P

... It would be easy to blame us players for giving stupid feedback that's wrecked a once-cool concept, kinda like that movie Snakes on a Plane. But the trouble is that if the "once-cool concept" ever existed, we never saw it, and the only "how to play" guidance we got was out of date before it was even published.

But I digress. I really really really hope for clear instructions from the designer/developers explaining how we're supposed to have fun with GvG as they've presented and tweaked it.

DeletedUser99445

... It would be easy to blame us players for giving stupid feedback that's wrecked a once-cool concept, kinda like that movie Snakes on a Plane. But the trouble is that if the "once-cool concept" ever existed, we never saw it, and the only "how to play" guidance we got was out of date before it was even published.

But I digress. I really really really hope for clear instructions from the designer/developers explaining how we're supposed to have fun with GvG as they've presented and tweaked it.

As I see it, the reason why players are blamed for giving stupid feedback and wrecking the once cool concept is because that's how it appears to be.
The GvG was launched and lots of players jumped in and enjoyed themselves.
Then when the kings of FOE started losing sectors unexpectedly, they looked to the mechanics of the game and picked never ending faults with it.
Changes were made and more problems created so the unhappy players once again blamed the mechanics and insisted on more change. Oh yeah, almost forgot, then they insisted on more change and some more change.
It is often possible for game developers to make a great game and then when they try to improve it, things go wrong and the result is negative. Sadly we see too much of it here.
Hopefully as the game becomes more and more Redundant and their income fades into nothing, they will reboot and restore some of the great aspects of the game rather than just walk away in frustration.
The Attack boosts on the new CE appear to be a way to restore some of the damage done by Nerfing out attack GB's.
As for guidance and the constant need to know everything before it happens.........that really does take a lot of the fun out the game. Do you also need to know what your Christmas present is before you open it? Not mocking you, just asking.