• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

InnoGames TV InnoGames TV March Edition

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser109385

The roads are awesome I admit that, looks like Venice but in a more advanced way! Still I am not that happy for this weird age to be released.

DeletedUser

The roads are awesome I admit that, looks like Venice but in a more advanced way! Still I am not that happy for this weird age to be released.
How come? Oceanic Future makes about as much sense as Arctic Future. I like their idea of exploring different potential futurescapes.
I'm looking forward to a Volcanic Future, lolz.

DeletedUser11899

I have to admit that the designs of buidings and roads of this new era are absolutely right, I like all of them, not the battlefield map which is a mess of colors and red forests like a Van Gogh painting making sometimes so hard to find where the units are ..even though I also have to say I've fought 14 of 18 provinces of this part so far using the same attack combo and autobattle :rolleyes:

DeletedUser110433

Looks like Inno did something right this time. Tech tree looks nice, in comparison AFs tree looks boring. I like the design of units, let us hope that stats are good as well, and lets hope they are done properly and won`t get nerfed. This is not the first water theme, CE had water theme as well... sorry most of the CEs water buildings looked like sewers, but Oceanic design is awesome.

DeletedUser104833

Some time ago i THINK that i saw a video in which it was mentioned that the aim was to not go into full on science fiction with the game. This was already when we had gone beyond modern day. I have no hands on experience with any of the "beyond modern day" Ages but this one for the first time looks questionable to me. It looks like post-apocalyptic science fiction (in the town), crossed with technological fantasy (in the army- animal mecha?). The idea that battles would for some weird reason accommodate (take place in underwater domes) both on-land units and fantastical animal inspired underwater units sounds ridiculous and the town itself...looks like a technological step back. A few* of the buildings look really basic technologically. This would make sense if this was a Waterworld themed post-apocalypse but as i understand this is an evolution of the original town so i would only expect the level of technology to improve or change drastically thematically but remain at the same level. But not regress. Do notice though that everything i've mentioned is mostly an issue of visuals or perception of the "lore" of the game.

Also- i hope that the GB achievement is tied to GB levels and not the number of individual GB's. Perhaps not the best idea to encourage people to riddle their town with low level GBs ?

And dial back the production on FoE announcements- it wasn't easy to understand what was being said due to the suit and background sound.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110433

There are not many options to go beyond FE. The game already dragged out near future in two eras TE and FE, i can not see many options. Colonization of arctic regions was one of the futuristic fiction scenarios, so now they went to colonize underwater areas. If you think about it, colonizing just 200 meters below sea level is much more sane, than launching shuttle to Mars. Inno clearly will never go in space direction, since at that point all logic would go haywire, so back to earth underwater construction and desert colonization are logical. I can see the argument that giving the city half submerged looks can be called post-apocalyptic, since you had the city and now it is under water. If you look at reality, at least 1/2 of your city will be on normal dry land and will not look like the one on video, thus giving the idea of expanding the living space for a coastal city in water direction.
As to underwater wars. It is more reasonable to make a dome with air to dig for resources than dig with submarines, some will try to take advantage of that so army guarding harvests is needed. The vehicles are not mechanized animals but implementation of naturally evolved ergonomic shapes of animals to underwater weapon design. If the bubble bursts such units can still go on, normal tanks can not.

DeletedUser104833

There are not many options to go beyond FE. The game already dragged out near future in two eras TE and FE, i can not see many options. Colonization of arctic regions was one of the futuristic fiction scenarios, so now they went to colonize underwater areas. If you think about it, colonizing just 200 meters below sea level is much more sane, than launching shuttle to Mars. Inno clearly will never go in space direction, since at that point all logic would go haywire, so back to earth underwater construction and desert colonization are logical. I can see the argument that giving the city half submerged looks can be called post-apocalyptic, since you had the city and now it is under water. If you look at reality, at least 1/2 of your city will be on normal dry land and will not look like the one on video, thus giving the idea of expanding the living space for a coastal city in water direction.
As to underwater wars. It is more reasonable to make a dome with air to dig for resources than dig with submarines, some will try to take advantage of that so army guarding harvests is needed. The vehicles are not mechanized animals but implementation of naturally evolved ergonomic shapes of animals to underwater weapon design. If the bubble bursts such units can still go on, normal tanks can not.

Good idea to use the Reply button- that way the one You're replying to gets notified of the reply ;) (if i'm not mistaken). Honestly i have less beef with the waterways as streets and more with the buildings that feature water vehicles that look either current or dated even by modern standards. As to the underwater bubble- humanity would have to be seriously screwed to start decimating local ecosystems to that degree. Deforestation is different since in our collective psyche it is something that we've come to rely on and have been doing since the time when we knew any better. I guess that it could still be argued for if the claim was that these bubbles exist in areas considered to be barren wastelands in the context of the seabed.