• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inequality in Guild Battlegrounds

r21r

Major-General
That's the same amount given in platinum -- my suggestion would be to close those gaps so that young guilds don't progress to quickly -- a range of +175 to -175 in copper league is far to great a swing.
well, +175 is the LP given for winning a map with 8 guilds.
winning a map with 2 guilds, is probably +10 , add by that factor, and you will see the balance in all the system, cooper till diamond, but it's too late for battlegrounds, i hope they invent a better formula for the next ones...
:P

Powe

Brigadier-General
My last post then back to my cities.

The reason I contributed to this post is that in the current GE my Guild was matched up against two others who were in the Top 6 in their world where mine is 119, so there wasn't even a contest for 1st & 2nd place. I felt sorry for one guild who was 778th in their world. And in the GbG? This was our pairing:
MembersLevelGoldSilverBronzeTop #1 PlayerTop #2 PlayerTop #3 Player
Guild #13254617448406M330M171M
Guild #2338934196M91M47M
Mine785136546645M42M36M

WHERE is there ANY balance in any of those columns? That's not even taking into consideration Guilds dropping down a league so they'll get matched with newer, easier to beat guilds. Again, the High School bullies showing up at the sandbox to beat up on the kids because, oh my, if they went to the college hangouts, they'd get their butt kicked. Can't have that, need to be the big fish in a small pond.

Just more math to balance the guilds.
You're right, you have a huge advantage in GBG. You're literally doing exactly what you're complaining about.

and what happens when your guild is so strong that not even 4 big top 10 guilds working together can beat you guild? Because thats the case on Greinfetal, no one can take on LoW, not even 4 top guilds working together, so instead of working to get stronger and learning to work better together, they decide to protest GBG and decide not to play at all every time they face us, because what's the point? Your idea of using Guild points is flawed as well as the MMR system, because guild points (prestige) is mostly determined by GvG, so GvG active guilds will always be higher on rankings then non GvG guilds, as a matter of fact the top 2 competitors to LoW in G world aren't even in the top 10 because they have abandoned GvG, so prestige is not a measurement of strength of a guild, its just the summary of all guild power your guild generates daily, your idea means that those strong guilds will actually never face the strongest guild, as they could simply avoid playing vs the top guilds by avoiding to be in top 10, we need a GBG challenger league that is cross server where top guilds of all worlds can face each other off and have real competition

On the note of cross-server GbG - I'm all for it - so long as there is a top grade league for it.

In other words - Only the best of the best compete there - so as not to conflict with the current Diamond League.

The next league up might be -- Diamond Champions of Champions Leagues -- or some other High-End Title.
To get into the Diamond Champions Leagues - a requirement of say five straight 1st places in your current server Diamond League --- this will help to avoid the churning of places -- Only those guilds that actually strive to be in 1st place every season can make it to the - Diamond Champions of Champions Leagues.

No sector swapping - no manipulation of Victory points -- be 1st place "Every Season - 5 in a row" -- No exploits. I wager that would also solve the other problems of diamond league bed buddies - swapping sectors and such. If a guild wants to get into -- Diamond Champions of Champions Leagues -- they can't fool around.

Additional details on "How to stay in the Diamond Champions of Champions Leagues" and so forth could be hammered out through good faith discussions and not some way to water down the intense skills & tactics that are needed!!!!!

Last edited:

Taffy540

Private
Yeah our guild is up and down from gold to platinum and back to gold. Gold we have a fighting chance to do well, platinum we are against 63 player guild and we are 10 with 3 active players. Maybe attrition rate is a way to level things out. so no of active players per guild factors against attrition, so if 5 people play 40, the 40 have a higher attrition rate. An elegant solution to the bullying or collusion effects several of you mention.

cyllan

Corporal
Posting on behalf of the many - using the words of the few.... interested in viewpoints and feedback
The new GBG does not make any allowance for the size of the guilds drawn together in the different leagues. Being promoted to diamond league is actually a punishment for the smaller guilds whereby they cannot use their full potential because they are penned in by a big guild, therefore LOSING ONE WEEKS WORTH OF GROWTH for every week they are in that league, so the stronger get stronger and gap gets bigger and there is no way for newer players to catch them!
If Inno look at the stats ALL the big guilds (high level players and a large number of members) are always in the top league, everyone else falls in and out of it, which proves the system is floored.
The only way to get through this is to increase the number of players and higher level of players in ones guild, but this too is floored because there is only a certain number of players within each world. If all guilds effectively merge, then no one will be able to move on the campaign map and no one will be able to earn points, but in the meantime the big boys are getting bigger and the up and comings are having their future limited and DICTATED to by the larger guilds, and not the designers of this game! This is in effect ripping the heart out of the fun of the game for anyone who is mid table or lower, and suffocating the newcomers, which in turn will kill the game for everyone, since its designed to evolve and grow!

Have they looked at using the points of the guild to measure who they should be competing against?
If the points of each player in a guild are added together and THEN put in to the appropriate league it would mean "like v like" giving the newer players a real chance to grow in and amongst like-levelled guilds.
Currently the chatter is to merge guilds just so they have a chance to compete, that will rip out the heart and sole of this game, if the calculation is based on points within a guild then it would encourage smaller guilds and more battles, near equal or more level playing field for all, isn't that what Inno is about?

get a better guild..... the top players fought for their stats.......you cant be a weekend warrior and compete with 600million fp players

and better guilds recruit more and better players.....

RichinZhills

Corporal
Actually having more people in the guild can be a setback. Unlocking GE's & purchasing Buildings on the GbG is a sampling of all Ages that the guild members are in. So your treasury needs to have goods from all those ages.
For those that have played for more than a year, it will be much easier to go it alone. You will have spent many months/years getting your Arc/Obs/Zeus/Kraken/LoA/CdM/SoH to a nice level and decide you're tired of all the Guild drama. So you start your own guild, you know the Arc/Obs/SoH will donate for you. You've also probably stayed in the same Age so long that your Auto Battle button has calluses. So every two weeks you'll have 70+ new neighbors to pillage who have no chance against your units. How is that a challenge?
We're talking about Game Balance here, but it should be mentioned that "Ages" were finite. They had a start and an end. In this game that doesn't happen, but it should. After 1 month you get pushed out of Bronze, 2 months out of iron, 3 months out of EMA... It's still up to you to get your research done, but your Townhall is on a timer. Let's see how well you do then. It's easy to condescend when you've been playing for years, all your GB's are at level 80+, your Att/Def is 150%+ while you're still running around in the Iron Age.

Powe

Brigadier-General
Actually having more people in the guild can be a setback. Unlocking GE's & purchasing Buildings on the GbG is a sampling of all Ages that the guild members are in. So your treasury needs to have goods from all those ages.
For those that have played for more than a year, it will be much easier to go it alone. You will have spent many months/years getting your Arc/Obs/Zeus/Kraken/LoA/CdM/SoH to a nice level and decide you're tired of all the Guild drama. So you start your own guild, you know the Arc/Obs/SoH will donate for you. You've also probably stayed in the same Age so long that your Auto Battle button has calluses. So every two weeks you'll have 70+ new neighbors to pillage who have no chance against your units. How is that a challenge?
We're talking about Game Balance here, but it should be mentioned that "Ages" were finite. They had a start and an end. In this game that doesn't happen, but it should. After 1 month you get pushed out of Bronze, 2 months out of iron, 3 months out of EMA... It's still up to you to get your research done, but your Townhall is on a timer. Let's see how well you do then. It's easy to condescend when you've been playing for years, all your GB's are at level 80+, your Att/Def is 150%+ while you're still running around in the Iron Age.
So we avoid researching the last few technologies so we can't move up. Simple. And if someone leaves the game for a year, do they deserve to be pushed up so high they can't do anything?

legend9182

Major-General
Nothing can solve this.
But one of my guildees gave a good idea which will prevent from blocking others by making alliance
I will define it here
In diamond league only
So 1st guild will get +100 or something
2nd guild will +0
3rd guild get - 25
4th guild get - 50
5th guild get - 100
6th guild get - 150
7th guild get - 200
If you like the idea just like it

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
top marks for that post, of course it will go down like a lead balloon with most of the players, as they only like having things easy. but i have said it over and over again, get these so called fighters up in era and lets see how good they are, but they come out with all sorts of silly excuses as to why they will not move up. i only wish there was a timer its a good idea but most of them wouldnt want it sadly

Last edited by a moderator:

Powe

Brigadier-General
top marks for that post, of course it will go down like a lead balloon with most of the players, as they only like having things easy. but i have said it over and over again, get these so called fighters up in era and lets see how good they are, but they come out with all sorts of silly excuses as to why they will not move up. i only wish there was a timer its a dam good idea but most of them wouldnt want it sadly
And will you not insult me if I tell you I just moved up in age?

DeletedUser

Ignore the whiners, each one a single short plank desperately seeking another to form a pair.
I want, I want, I want...Mwaah, mwaah.
If they wish to fare better, they should get better.
Bullying is a myth, inequality induces improvement, raise the standard of your own Game and stop trying to punish success.

legend9182

Major-General
top marks for that post, of course it will go down like a lead balloon with most of the players, as they only like having things easy. but i have said it over and over again, get these so called fighters up in era and lets see how good they are, but they come out with all sorts of silly excuses as to why they will not move up. i only wish there was a timer its a good idea but most of them wouldnt want it sadly
Well staying at any Era is there choice.
This game is a strategy as well as choice game. So if someone doesn't wants to move up. It's enough big reason to not move up.

And fight don't change too much with age. Only troops does. Those who are good at fighting will win against 500% with 250% too. So saying being lower age player, you cant call yourself a fighter is dumb.
Also it's too dumb if they fight with smaller ones and call them fighters

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Well staying at any Era is there choice.
This game is a strategy as well as choice game. So if someone doesn't wants to move up. It's enough big reason to not move up.

And fight don't change too much with age. Only troops does. Those who are good at fighting will win against 500% with 250% too. So saying being lower age player, you cant call yourself a fighter is dumb.
Also it's too dumb if they fight with smaller ones and call them fighters
any idiot can be good at fighting if they have troops from a higher era then there in, saab players dont get to cheat in the game the way the lower era players can. if players must camp then ok leave them to it but take away any chance of them getting troops from higher eras ? try and give players a chance against each other. as i say players will not move up as they know they will lose that might that they hold on to as they know they wouldnt be able to boast anymore facing harder oponeants, i moved up to saab as i want to fight againt the best in the game. and i get beat by them time and time again, but its ok as at least i can beat there defences and fight hard to win and i do win at times so i believe that is what players would call fair, something so many dont want at all in the game

Powe

Brigadier-General
any idiot can be good at fighting if they have troops from a higher era then there in, saab players dont get to cheat in the game the way the lower era players can. if players must camp then ok leave them to it but take away any chance of them getting troops from higher eras ? try and give players a chance against each other. as i say players will not move up as they know they will lose that might that they hold on to as they know they wouldnt be able to boast anymore facing harder oponeants, i moved up to saab as i want to fight againt the best in the game. and i get beat by them time and time again, but its ok as at least i can beat there defences and fight hard to win and i do win at times so i believe that is what players would call fair, something so many dont want at all in the game
I fight opponents 1 era ahead of me. People like you are cowards because they're too afraid to face troops ahead of their era.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
I fight opponents 1 era ahead of me. People like you are cowards because they're too afraid to face troops ahead of their era.
there are no troops ahead of my era ? i dont understand your point, how can it be cowardly to be in saab era and fight the best there are in the game ? if anything cowards would never let themselves face people who can hit them back, which is why i think so many hide away like they do,

Knight of ICE

Why do you guys have to keep calling eachother cowards? THIS IS A GAME! Do you really need a game to establish yourself as this big hero that isn't scared of anything? It's like little kids saying my dad is stronger than yours. Start treating eachother with respect. Argue all you want, but nodody is an idiot or a coward, so stop with that!

Powe

Brigadier-General
there are no troops ahead of my era ? i dont understand your point, how can it be cowardly to be in saab era and fight the best there are in the game ? if anything cowards would never let themselves face people who can hit them back, which is why i think so many hide away like they do,
I was talking about the troops ahead of my era. You could have stayed in VF and had no advanced troops while still being able to fight eras ahead, so why go to SAAB?