• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inequality in Guild Battlegrounds

Rob The Gr8

Private
I agree with you there, but I don't think it is just GBG. GBG is just part of it. It is the entire game with more events, mini games during those events, an extra lvl to GE and so on. It has almost become impossible to play the entire game. You need to make choices.

And I am the one with limited knowledge about the game here? Let's see if you can figure out why that vote will not make sense.
My suggestion was moved to a thread entitled ‘Inequality in Guild Battlegrounds’. That proves to me that there are others before me that know there is an inequality in GbG. Why will the vote not make sense??
Is there an inequality in GBG? Yes/No?
It’s very simple.

Knight of ICE

My suggestion was moved to a thread entitled ‘Inequality in Guild Battlegrounds’. That proves to me that there are others before me that know there is an inequality in GbG. Why will the vote not make sense??
Is there an inequality in GBG? Yes/No?
It’s very simple.

What is very simple is that this is not some kids game where most votes count. It does not "decide" anything. This forum allows you to give feedback. The feedback will be forwarded to the devs and in the end they decide. Not you, not me, not most votes, so there is no reason to vote.

Rob The Gr8

Private
What is very simple is that this is not some kids game where most votes count. It does not "decide" anything. This forum allows you to give feedback. The feedback will be forwarded to the devs and in the end they decide. Not you, not me, not most votes, so there is no reason to vote.
I’m my opinion, that’s a poor and patronising comment. I have never once said that this is a kids game or implied that it is. Voting is a diplomatic way of voicing an opinion on a matter. If it’s good enough to vote in world leaders, it’s good enough to vote on the inequalities of GbG.
Also, I have never said it’s your decision to be made, but if a vote was taken and it came back that the majority of players decided there was an inequality in GbG, could the result of the vote not be presented to the ‘devs’ for a discussion at a higher level by the people who developed and know the game?
Could I therefore ask you to put the request to the relevant people of a possible vote or at least a direct discussion with said people?
Thank you.

Knight of ICE

I’m my opinion, that’s a poor and patronising comment. I have never once said that this is a kids game or implied that it is. Voting is a diplomatic way of voicing an opinion on a matter. If it’s good enough to vote in world leaders, it’s good enough to vote on the inequalities of GbG.
Also, I have never said it’s your decision to be made, but if a vote was taken and it came back that the majority of players decided there was an inequality in GbG, could the result of the vote not be presented to the ‘devs’ for a discussion at a higher level by the people who developed and know the game?
Could I therefore ask you to put the request to the relevant people of a possible vote or at least a direct discussion with said people?
Thank you.

You read things in my answers to you that I am not saying, so let's try this again. There is absolutely no reason for a vote. Whether 100 people think there is inequality in GBG and 1 doesn't, or whether 1 thinks there is inequality in GBG and 100 think there isn't, is not relevant at all. This is a feedback thread. It isn't most votes count. Feedback and suggestions about improving the game get forwarded, even if a majority of players do not agree with the suggestion. You don't need a majority. It's feedback! ALL feedback gets forwarded! It does not need a vote!

Nardugan

Private
You read things in my answers to you that I am not saying, so let's try this again. There is absolutely no reason for a vote. Whether 100 people think there is inequality in GBG and 1 doesn't, or whether 1 thinks there is inequality in GBG and 100 think there isn't, is not relevant at all. This is a feedback thread. It isn't most votes count. Feedback and suggestions about improving the game get forwarded, even if a majority of players do not agree with the suggestion. You don't need a majority. It's feedback! ALL feedback gets forwarded! It does not need a vote!
There seem to be a concern that GbG's matchmaking doers not work properly. That is all the above posts are about. I am not very ımpressed with your response as a moderator.
If you still do not understand what is beıng saıd, perhaps a few more will come here and tell you.
The feedback is that the match making in GbG is flawed.

Last edited:

Rob The Gr8

Private
I vote for "Yes"
That’s one for yes!
First of all, I think you need to read that back and think about the way that’s written. It’s very provocative and aggressive and as you’re a mod, I feel you need to set a better example by the way you’re addressing people.
Please can you confirm if my “feedback” has been forwarded on to whoever it may be and we’ll leave it there before this conversation turns sour.
Thank you.
Good thing then that I was responding as a player.
Now I’m confused. In one of your earlier post you told me you don’t play the game. If that’s the case, how can you say you were responding as a player??

Nardugan

Private
Good thing then that I was responding as a player.
Well I have some interesting news for you, ıt says ın brıght green Forum Moderator under your name.... a moderator that does not know he is one, well that explains a lot. You can not escape the moderator tab, you are eıther a mod or not. You can not go and shed your feelings as a player with a moderator tab.

Knight of ICE

Thank you. Can you just confirm which part of my feedback was forwarded and also how we find out when it’s been reviewed?

Again, ALL feedback gets forwarded. ALL feedback, not just parts of it. When it will be reviewed we can not tell you. There are 26 forums. There are social channels. There is a lot of feedback. If any changes to GBG will be made you will find out from the announcements. If you want an early warning check Beta.

You can not go and shed your feelings as a player with a moderator tab.

Forum rules tell you otherwise, but to make sure I mention it when I do.

Nardugan

Private
Again, ALL feedback gets forwarded. ALL feedback, not just parts of it. When it will be reviewed we can not tell you. There are 26 forums. There are social channels. There is a lot of feedback. If any changes to GBG will be made you will find out from the announcements. If you want an early warning check Beta.

Forum rules tell you otherwise, but to make sure I mention it when I do.
Then you should have mentioned right from the start that we must ignore your moderator badge. Then your replies would have made sense as you are probably in a guild where half the people only log in once a week the rest bar 3 interested in building only.
You must understand, there are a handful of Guilds that plays FOE to the extreme. Every single one of their members put blood sweat and tear ınto to game. For them to then continously get matched in GbG with other guilds that hardly ever play any fighting makes GbG utterly boring.
A better match up will benefit all guilds no matter how they play GbG.
but this is enough of wasting my time with speaking to a person who apparently does not even play the game, has some emotional replies to people trying to improve the game. Why are you even on the forum... ?

Knight of ICE

Then you should have mentioned right from the start that we must ignore your moderator badge. Then your replies would have made sense as you are probably in a guild where half the people only log in once a week the rest bar 3 interested in building only.

I did at the beginning of this discussion with your guildmate. Sorry you missed it. As for what Guild I am in, you have no clue. You could have asked, but you and your guildmates just like to assume, cause that fits better if a player is not cheering for the suggestion made.

You must understand, there are a handful of Guilds that plays FOE to the extreme. Every single one of their members put blood sweat and tear ınto to game. For them to then continously get matched in GbG with other guilds that hardly ever play any fighting makes GbG utterly boring.

And you must understand that this game needs to be more than just about a handful of Guilds that play FOE to the extreme. GBG is for all Guilds, not just a handful.

A better match up will benefit all guilds no matter how they play GbG.

I totally agree, but nor you, nor your guildmates have come up with a suggestion how to create a better match up. All you have brought to the table is a suggestion, so you can have more fights. How is that a better match up?

but this is enough of wasting my time with speaking to a person who apparently does not even play the game

Now what is it? I don't play the game, but I am in a Guild "where half the people only log in once a week the rest bar 3 interested in building only"? Make up your mind. It can't be both.

* To make sure, all this I responded to as a player.

Overlord Dex

Master Corporal
Some people don't half moan and whine! Are you this bad in real life?

Yes this game isn't the same as it was at the start and it's got a number of fault. Some might be fixable, others probably couldn't be solved without some huge changes.

But there is no way, whether the developers wanted to or not; that they could ever please everyone. That's impossible!

So if you think you have an idea, try making it a smart one that benefits more that just yourself and is actually workable. You never know someone might take note.

Rob The Gr8

Private
I totally agree, but nor you, nor your guildmates have come up with a suggestion how to create a better match up. All you have brought to the table is a suggestion, so you can have more fights. How is that a better match up?
Would it be possible then for you to explain how the match up is made? Is it an algorithm or randomly generated? If you can provide this info I will come up with a solution that doesn’t just allow more fights.

Ashtro

Major
Would it be possible then for you to explain how the match up is made? Is it an algorithm or randomly generated? If you can provide this info I will come up with a solution that doesn’t just allow more fights.
Most likely that a very complex algorithm is being utilised for match making in GbG. If you want to learn more about the game then please refer to the FoE wiki online. And if you can't find an answer there then it only means that you're on a need to know basis. All the best.

Last edited:

Nidwin

Sergeant
The match making seems to work properly and is based on your guild's league points for GbG. Till now I've never ended in a match up that didn't seem right or felt wrong. I'm solo gold and had a big win at top gold, my every 5-6 seasons big nasty fight, past season. I knew I would end high in plat league and that's exactly what happened, bumped to plat league and I'm now against guilds with a variation of ~30-40 league points. So in my opinion this works well and has always been like this.
What also works naturally well is that there can be quite a diverse mix in a battleground depending on your position in a certain league at some point in time (depending on your league points). Again about my past season big win at top gold league rating I was against 2 plat guilds, 1 silver guild (ouch Zippit), 2 half gold/plat's and the rest gold guilds.

Unfortunately what's actually going on is that in Diamond league you have the opposite effect as in copper league and that's because there's nothing above diamond league. You can't avoid having plat's popping up in diamond and you can't have a pure season after season the 1 000 diamonds against only 1 000 diamonds as only a few diamond guilds will stay at 1 000 and lower or mid diamond guilds still want to stay in diamond league.

It's not perfect, can't please everyone but I've seen much worse than what we have in GbG as matchmaking in other games, much worse.

Nidwin

Sergeant
ICE,

I'm not convinced that 66% max attrition reduction is going to be such a great thing as I highly suspect the top Diamond Guilds will still be able to take the entire map in no time but it may end with them locking up the lower diamond guilds behind trap walls making everything worse. After that the 2 big diamond guilds will simply swap zones in the middle and keep the other guilds locked up around base with traps.

Rob The Gr8

Private
So what about this then. Instead of over complicating things work it like this:
(Diamond league for example)
As I understand it, there are 4 groups of pairings as it stands currently. At the end of the round the 4 guilds that finished first are the first 4 guilds into the new group and the start of the next round. You then look at second place guilds and the 3 with the highest amount of victory points then make up the the final 3 so you would then have a group of guilds that are all active and competitive.
You can then work the same theory working down the rest of the placing to make up 4 groups and they should all have the same activity. You can also say that the bottom 4 guilds from the last of the 4 groupings and get demoted to Platinum and the top 4 guilds from Platinum get promoted to Diamond.

This would allow the following:
Active GbG guilds to matched together
Allow guilds who want to be demoted because they find it easier matched together so will still be as competitive
Eliminate the mismatching buy only using the guilds performance in GbG rather than "the Battlegrounds match making algorithm" which "takes the guilds in the order of their League Points and puts them into battlegrounds together" as this can be tactically worked out to and on most occasions, makes the GbG map stagnant.

I hope this is more 'constructive' and makes sense but I'm happy to clarify if not.