• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inequality in Guild Battlegrounds

Bastious

Private
You are obviously getting your wires crossed. To some players GVG and GBG are the same thing. Why do you not say Guild Versus Guild and Guild Battleground. These are two separate fields of battle. One does not necessarily point to the other. We are specifically calling into question the more widespread use of the Guild Battleground under the Tomb next to the Ship on the login screen.

GVG: Guild versus Guild
GB: Great Building
GBG: Guild Battlegrounds

Excepted terminology by vast numbers of the player base
You are obviously getting your wires crossed. To some players GVG and GBG are the same thing. Why do you not say Guild Versus Guild and Guild Battleground. These are two separate fields of battle. One does not necessarily point to the other. We are specifically calling into question the more widespread use of the Guild Battleground under the Tomb next to the Ship on the login screen.
GBG & GVG are Not the same thing. Though some may confuse the two!

I'm not getting any wires crossed. On the contrary, I'm separating GBG from GvG. Some players suggest that GBG leagues should be based on guild rank. I'm saying that it shouldn't because most rank points come from GvG, which has nothing to do with GBG.
And yes, I'm using the commonly used abbreviations, GBG for Guild Battleground and GvG for Guild versus Guild.

DevilishRen

Private
Exactly. GvG is the biggest guild rank booster. And that's a really good reason to not base GBG leagues on guild rank.
Some guilds go all-in on GvG to compete on guild rank, but they may not participate in GBG at all. And vice versa, some guilds go all-in on GBG but not on GvG, which puts them at a lower rank than the dedicated GVG guilds, but they may be a powerful GBG guild.
So, imagine, if GBG was based on guild rank, how the top ranked GvG guilds end up in Diamond GBG but don't participate because they don't care about GBG. Well, that already happens actually with the current league match system. You can meet top ranked guilds in Diamond who don't do much - and are quite easy to beat - because their main focus is on GvG.
GBG you go up the levels depending on you gbg play, there are several leagues before you get to the top one, unfortunately if you can play the second last one because its more leagues at the same level, if you rank in the top ones they bump you up to the top leagues witch is where the big problem is , this is where the top gbg leagues play and smaller guilds have no chance hence why you see 2 maybe 3 guilds play the rest are stuck at the hq because the big guys want all the sectors because they are top heavy in strong fighters and i get that been there , but they should play against 7 top teams not lower level teams

DevilishRen

Private
By achieving a mmr high enough to get into diamond league your guild has proved that it is good enough, otherwise you wouldn't be there in the first place.

The number of people in a guild would only be relevant if you could guaranteed that everyone played.

My guild (originally 7 players but now 15 strong) regularly beats guilds of 70-80 players, other times we get smashed up. We currently have a mmr of 1000 :)
Wrong

DevilishRen

Private
Can not find where you raised this before, but it has been addressed before. Even if you put the top 21 GBG performing Guilds in the same battefields there still will be Guilds that are outperformed and result will be that they complain because of that. If you want better results, join a better Guild.
In tickets

GBG you go up the levels depending on you gbg play, there are several leagues before you get to the top one, unfortunately if you can play the second last one because its more leagues at the same level, if you rank in the top ones they bump you up to the top leagues witch is where the big problem is , this is where the top gbg leagues play and smaller guilds have no chance hence why you see 2 maybe 3 guilds play the rest are stuck at the hq because the big guys want all the sectors because they are top heavy in strong fighters and i get that been there , but they should play against 7 top teams not lower level teams
Sure, I get that. But the solution to that problem is not to base GBG leagues on guild rank points as some players suggest, because most of the guild rank points come from GvG which has nothing to do with GBG. A high guild rank doesn't nessecary mean that you are a strong GBG guild - or have any interest in GBG at all.

No, true. A small guild with only a few members can be just as strong - or stronger - in GBG as a guild with 80 members.
It depends on how active and strong in GBG the members are. A guild of 5-10 members who are strong and active in GBG can easily beat a 80-member guild with only a few mediocre GBG fighters.
It makes no sense to base GBG leagues on how many players are in the guilds.

Bastious

Private
And you base this on what? 3 members at 900 Million points can easily beat an 80 member Guild who's highest member is 80 thousand? Yeah that is a great defence. The whole thing about this is parady, not how many members you have.

Bastious

Private
The reason we are all here is to help the developers make decisions as to how to make this a fair game experience. This game is often touted on social media as a top notch game. I for one have played it for a few years and when I see scavengers come in and try to take advantage of a flaw I get insenced as to their uncaring feelings of the player pool as a whole.

Bastious

Private
So you are standing behind whatever log you have developed for yourself and patting all on the back. I came on-line today and half of the Battleground was controlled by one Guild. How is that a reason for me to stay. I am agreeing as so many others are that the heads of this game are letting this game implode.

suethegreat

Captain
I do find it hilarious that a Space age player is matched in a Guild Battleground with Iron Age and the single player virtually takes the board. I dont care that he has stopped me from any battles as i still have GE and hood bu you do wonder at the game/life balance here.

Attachments

• battle.jpg
    battle.jpg
    645 KB · Views: 12

Forwandert

Major-General
Have they actually stopped you from doing any fights though? surely you can just fight on the ones they've already taken?

Assuming you haven't got some super high attack boost you're probably only talking 1/2 sectors a day on fighting on lower leagues till attrition takes you out anyway. I can't see how they have stopped you fighting at all, they're just a different colour sector to fight.

King Dael

Sergeant
Remember, a guild can only fight in sectors they don't already own. So you are free to fight in all the sectors you can reach and the owner can't do anything about it.

The guild rank is actually more about who plays gvg, thats where the big points come from , some guilds even if they are lower ranked in the world may be a top GBG guild
If your guild has the resources to waste powering through GVG which gives you absolutely zero returns except score, your guild can safely be assumed to be equipped to destroy those struggling just to maintain GBG and GE costs.

Have they actually stopped you from doing any fights though? surely you can just fight on the ones they've already taken?

Assuming you haven't got some super high attack boost you're probably only talking 1/2 sectors a day on fighting on lower leagues till attrition takes you out anyway. I can't see how they have stopped you fighting at all, they're just a different colour sector to fight.
Current GBG is being hard locked by two mega sweat guilds. They have multiple players set on alarms and the moment things unlock they have the entire map swapped in under ten minutes. Every other guild is lucky to get even one province before everything is locked, then they're usually taken first when things unlock.
So yes, they are *actually* stopping us from doing fights.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Current GBG is being hard locked by two mega sweat guilds. They have multiple players set on alarms and the moment things unlock they have the entire map swapped in under ten minutes. Every other guild is lucky to get even one province before everything is locked, then they're usually taken first when things unlock.
So yes, they are *actually* stopping us from doing fights.
Those guilds are not 'actually' stopping you - although they are reducing the chances and time you can spend on fights. No matter what, at least every 4 hours, you have 3 sectors touching your home base that you have time (as limited as it might be) to do at least some fights.

Something else to consider - if those guilds are that quick and constantly fast - consider what kind of life some of those guild members must have. Living online 20+ hours a day. All so that they can control a silly map. Do you have admiration for players that will dedicate that much time and attention to a game or do you feel sorry for them? For some people, there is more to life than a game. For others, the game is all that they have.

nice2haveu

Corporal
Shared this in beta forum, but care to get the comments/suggestion here regarding the same to bring equality in GBG.

GBG map modifications
If any guild member open the GBG map, only the guild member's guild name and icon should be visible. Other guild names should be given name like Guild 1, Guild 2...etc and and common guild battle (new) logo for all other guilds. Even guild logs also represents the same pattern. And in guild ranking window also same modification. Once the season gets over, if our guild gains any one of top 3 position just mention which position we achieved. If no position achieved, just say "better luck next time".

Also for revealing the guild names, guild admin or guild leader should spend diamonds where the diamonds value get doubled after each guild name revealing. Here, the guild name reveal is purely on random order. So, no specific choice for the user to reveal which they want. Each season it needs to be done to reveal if the guild leaders decides so. If Dev's interested to bring guild members to reveal guild names then treasury will also include diamond donation too. It's doable, since GBG rewards diamonds too.

GBG matchups
Now the most important one, called the guild GBG matchups, which can be addressed by including the guilds from all cross servers with additional algorithm steps like,

- calculate the average attacking army attack strength of each guild present in every cross servers. ( It can be done by collecting each member attacking army attack strength, summing up and divide it with total members in the guild gives the average attack strength of a guild). After collecting average of all guilds, arrange them in a list. (When to collect and calculate this average depends on the Dev's choice from any one of the day from 3 day cooldown period available before starting next GbG season)

- now with the list arranged, apply descending order on it, it will becomes like highest to lower on the average value. Then make a partition of 8 guilds from the top order and initiate the GBG matchup for each partition set of 8 guilds. Only the last partition set gets a chance of not having 8 guilds depending on the total guild count from all servers.

Guild secret strength
In this, each guild should be having an advantage based on their attacking army defense strength from each guild member. It is the only secret power to the guilds.

Made the matchups logic with average attacking army attack strength of entire guild and defense strength for battles depends on the individual guild person performance. No weak or low guilds match ups with strong or top guilds in the GBG.

Thinking like, this addresses the long pending problems of GBG. Not sure how much difficult to implement this, but it is a possible one.

Those guilds are not 'actually' stopping you - although they are reducing the chances and time you can spend on fights. No matter what, at least every 4 hours, you have 3 sectors touching your home base that you have time (as limited as it might be) to do at least some fights.
I don't understand why you're trying to argue that they weren't blocking us just because we could maybe put 40 points into a province a few times a day.
I don't care if I'm able to get 50fp if I want to set my stop watch or get lucky and happen to check at the right time. I care about my other guild mates who aren't able to do that, who aren't getting to have fun with the game or get resources to build their cities. The smaller members that are just trying to make their way and grow and learn.
-
I don't think the troll - (no, like actually. he's extremely toxic.) - with 2.5b points really needs you to hold his hand and coddle him telling him it's alright to ruin the game for others. (obviously not naming him or his guild because that would be toxic itself.)
-
To answer your other question I feel incredibly sorry for them because it's clearly an unhealthy obsession and that's coming from me who is on it more than I probably should be but that's just due to my ADHD forcing me to multi-task all of the time (which is why I started FOE in the first place, as an outlet for that.) I've had a few times spending late nights checking on the hour to help my guild out when they were trying to swap with a small guild of impatient, toxic and honestly extremely childish people and so I was doing my best to try and maintain the swaps so my guild mates could get rewards.
It was horrible and I hated it and refuse to ever do that again and that was just for 6 days or something. So yes, I very much feel sorry for them, and honestly, blocking their abilities to be like this at least a little bit sounds like it would just be a health improvement for them.